Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Top 5 Restaurants

my top 5

swiss restaurant

mantra

tequilla reef

kronberg (soi diana inn)

the guys seeling soup from the motor bikes

i am only interested in the illegal, the immoral and the fattening

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• Chris Pattaya

• JordanP

• Rikky

The best restraunt i ate at was a place on second road past el touro it has a water fall in the window you cant miss it, im sure another bm will know the name. I went with two friends and all the starters and main meals where lovely i'll be going back on my return to pattaya!

"Get busy livin or get busy diein"

The best restraunt i ate at was a place on second road past el touro it has a water fall in the window you cant miss it, im sure another bm will know the name. I went with two friends and all the starters and main meals where lovely i'll be going back on my return to pattaya!

It's called the Aloha. It'sa Polynesian restaurant.

Great food and pleasant live music.

Be sure to have a Mai Tai cocktail there. The owner has his own secret blend and they are amazing.

Too many will blow you away though!

yes he has atall there but now has one outside club oasis at the corner of soi buakhou/soi chayippon.

Excellent food. Several pit-stops there on the way back to the room.

I think Mantra is a great restaurant - good food, beautiful restaurant and bar. but obviouskly a little pricey for Pattaya, but none the less a very interesting concept.

There is a sea food restaurant on the corner of Soi 9 and Second road that is very goo too but I can't think of the name.

There are a few dishes i like at Gulliver's.

1. Cherry Restaurant - 3rd Road almost opposite X-Zyte. The set menu at 395 baht is fantastic value. Around 6 courses!

2. Nang Nual - Walking Street. Great Steaks.

3. Little Wonder - Arcade next to Kiss Restaurant. For the Pie 'n' Mash as mentioned by a previous poster.

4. U2 Bar - Soi 8. Good general English Restaurant, I love the Spag Bog, and the Roast Lamb Dinner is good too.

5. Pink Lady - Beach Road, between Pattya Tai and soi 7. Great value for money - try the sizzling steak.

There's also a restaurant/street stall in Soi 15 (just before you get to Angelwitch) which does the best Khao Phat I've ever had. Really light and fluffy.

Edited by eyebee
babydollsaddict.gif

Went to Lake View last night. Not cheap but not very expensive. Bill came to 1700 for 3 adults and 2 kids with only me drinking.

Great place to impress a lady.

Food was excellent including a Crocodile Curry

I think Mantra is a great restaurant - good food, beautiful restaurant and bar. but obviouskly a little pricey for Pattaya, but none the less a very interesting concept.

Got very sick in Mantra - loved the venue, setting, concept etc but the steak was horrendously over salted. My wife actaully said it tasted dodgy and could only manage a couple of mouthfuls coz if the salt.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I do hear good things about the Pig 'N Whistle.

yes very good food service etc etc

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

• 3 weeks later...
After trying about 7 different places, I finally found a really good pizza at Pan Pan in Jomtien across from View Talay 2. I also like Zen on the top floor of Royal Garden - superb salmon teriyaki for only 200 baht.

Agree with you about Pan Pan, the pizzas are great, although I've only had take aways so far.

1. Manhattans - Yes it can be expensive (normally the price will relate to your choice of wine) but it is a wonderful night out, great food, excellent wine list and a break from what passes as normality here in Pattaya.

2. Mumaroy - Third Road one rather than the one in Naklua. Al Fresco. Excellent sea food in a relaxed atmosphere. Sea Bass in salt is wonderful. Naklua branch is a nice setting right by the sea, although the menus are identical the food just falls below the others ones level.

3. Bale - opposite Mumaroy off Third Road. Good range of asian dishes, nice surroundings and just good for a change of scenery. Having said this I have not been here for several months nor experienced the 'live' music which advertises nightly performances by Elvis and the Bee Gees!

4. Vientienne - South Pattaya Road. The service is sometimes lacking when they are moderately busy upwards but I like the food and have had numerous different dishes here.

5. Full of Beans at Jasmine Mansion - Well I do own it so it needs a mention. However, I do think the food is good and our cook has now been here almost a year and has got to grips with the farang food far better than any of her predecessors. My favourite dishes are Green Curry (best I have had in Thailand); Chilli Burger when I want farang food and am starving and Pesto Pasta which I find refreshing as a change.

Unfortunately the best restaurant I have ever eaten at in Pattaya has closed down. It was on the corner of a stainless steel kitchenware shop opposite Bangkok Pattaya hospital. Everything about the place was basic from the seating to the menus and you sat there with six lanes of traffic thundering past you - but none of that mattered. The food was just excellent and we used to go there two or three times a week. I heard that the chef and his wife opened up elsewhere but never found out where.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats good for us newbies trying to find the right lace to chow down

• 4 weeks later...

In no particular order:

#1 Gulliver's on Beach Road - well decorated sports bar with friendly staff, families welcome - excellend mix of Thai and 'farang' food.

#2 Tuscany Trattoria again on Beach Road close to the Hard Rock hotel - Italian owner Luca is a really nice big guy who happens to ride a 'pink' Vespa he is also married to a lovely Thai lady -- food is excellent quality and good value. meals on the terrace are lovely when there is a nice breeze.

#3 Shennanigans - good pub fare

#4 American Rib Co in Jomtien - well worth the trek - for three people the 'half feast' is excellent value at 595Baht - the ribs are superb

#5 Alli Baba - really good Indian food

Special mention to El Toro and not for good reasons - Surly staff - EXPENSIVE - over 7000 baht for four adults and one kid - that was three starters, four steaks and limited drinks. Steaks appeared to be local beef as they were all on the tough side - I believe a result of the meat and not the cooking style. I would also question the cleanliness of the place and lets not forget their 10% service charge --- for 10% in Thailand I would have expected MUSH better SERVICE. STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED

Edited by MVS_GUY

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go there all the time very good food there!

But on one time food was cold and hard not what i have had before and some other people i met said the same so i don,t go there any more

• 4 weeks later...

my top 5

1 fuji: really my favorite place to eat anywhere

2 foodcourt royal garden: coming to patts for ten years now and in march the first time i went there

never ever had a fruitsalade as excelent as in that place

also an great selection of fruishakes

great place for lunch

3 mk: just good food and fun to go to with some friends

4 lopster pot: great seafood and the best irisch coffee i ever had

5 rosy o grady: food is nothing special but its fun to sit outside with a guinness

an watch soi 7 walking by

Edited by leyenburg

• 2 weeks later...

there are a couple of resturants in tops supermarket, if you go in through the entrance closest to beach road theres a resturant just on the left, the food is really cheap and its very very nice. also pink lady beach road is nice, and pig and whistle is great if your missing your english food

Without a family a rich man is very poor

there are a couple of resturants in tops supermarket, if you go in through the entrance closest to beach road theres a resturant just on the left, the food is really cheap and its very very nice. also pink lady beach road is nice, and pig and whistle is great if your missing your english food

Could not resist it today went to Foodland and had the Pork Cord en Bleu [ sorry if spelling is crap ] salad with french bread served with chips, brill, a good scoff and all for 140 thb

BBQ lovers theres a new place in town..All American ribs or close to that name on Trepasit rd on the way to Jomtien..Left at the light and its on the right..A HUGH meal with all the fixings and a big assortment of different BBQs piled on the plate..You gotta be awful hungry to fisish it all~~~

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I barely ate at all in Pattaya. I really had no appetite. The food at Secrets was good and we ate at a seafood place that was ok but pretty expensive. I remember eating somewhere and ordering a steak sandwich, LOL; they brought me a piece of dried-out beef on two peices of white bread with no sauce or anything. Just plain bread and meat. LOL...

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

What about Hoff House, Beach Rd/Soi 13, which is one of my faves. Good service, very good food, and the micro brew beer is tasty!

Hopf: a pale shadow of its former self. They have removed all the excellent Thai food and snacks from the menu and now serve only a limited menu of anemic Western food. The door policy is agressive and patrons can expect to be stopped, searched and metal detected on entry. The beer remains good but the singing teeth of the Italian tenor who runs the place can be distressing for younger guests as is his excessive age-reducing make-up and hair-styling. The band, once one of the most professional outfits in Pattaya, has been replaced by local guys with the tenor now playing drums (which must save the place at least a couple of hundred baht a night) and has sadly become so middle of the road that they are used in the Land Transport Department during driving tests.

Oh, and Ali Babba is shit as well.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

One of the Best Values for your Money is the dinner buffet at the Apex hotel near soi 11..More then 100 items incl pasta, fish,steak,chicken,BBQ all for 180 Baht and eat untill your full..Great value and tasty Desserts~~~

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf