IGNORED

Top 5 Restaurants

In no particular order

Cafe New Orleans for the ribs

Bobs BBQ for the ribs and/or burger

Premiership for the huge burger

Beefeaters/Long Horn for the Steak (tie)

Sportmans on Soi 13 for Full English Breakfast

Runner ups

Little Wonder down the alley by Kiss across from Mikes shopping mal - small place but good food

King Seafood - not inside the big area - but the small area right on Walking Street with about 10 tables

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• Chris Pattaya

• JordanP

• mulphy

Vientiane - for the selection.

Pig and Whistle - Good food and good count.

Robins Nestaurant - It's close to where I stay and not too bad.

Street Food - I love it.

Crazy Dave's - Fills me up and it's dirt cheap.

In no particular order

Cafe New Orleans for the ribs

Bobs BBQ for the ribs and/or burger

Premiership for the huge burger

Beefeaters/Long Horn for the Steak (tie)

Sportmans on Soi 13 for Full English Breakfast

Runner ups

Little Wonder down the alley by Kiss across from Mikes shopping mal - small place but good food

King Seafood - not inside the big area - but the small area right on Walking Street with about 10 tables

How big is the burger at premiership?

We have the biggest burger in Thailand and of course the world record.

Our wagon wheel burger is 1 1/2 lb of beef and a total of 3 1/2 lbs.

I curious if they have one bigger than our wagon wheel.

Bob

Bob

Bob's BBQ & Mexican Grill

http://www.bobs-bbq.com

How big is the burger at premiership?

We have the biggest burger in Thailand and of course the world record.

Our wagon wheel burger is 1 1/2 lb of beef and a total of 3 1/2 lbs.

I curious if they have one bigger than our wagon wheel.

Bob

Maybe he's scared of your burger because "yai mak-mak".

Cherry Restaurant, 3rd Road.

The Sportsman, Soi 6.

El Toro, 2nd Road.

Ma Maison, Soi 13.

Art Cafe, Soi 16, Pattaya Naklua Road. There has been a recent change of management, so caveat emptor.

Vientiane, on Walking Street, is not bad. "Old Plantation setting" along the water. It won't win any medals, but if you have a group of people all with different taste, you should be able to find something to please everyone from their large menu.

• 5 weeks later...

My top 3 are M.K restaurants (the girls love this place) King seafood (good service-food) Ruan thai (clean-nice show-service-love it when the guy runs through the place with a searing hot plate-steaming) later Next!

Edited by Next!

Some of the higher end ones are OK.

Mantra is worth the trip but hard Rock just tasted of salt. I think I have forgotten what salted food tastes like but it did seem OTT to me.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

if i want english food , then the pig n whistle cant be beaten in pattaya.

seafood its got to be nang nual.

steak as ive suggested already , my way in soi diana plaza.

must give a mention to the great american rib company , fantastic food.massive portions.

if its thai or chinese you like then leng kee on pattaya klang.

in my honest opinion there are no decent indian , italian , chinese (western style) or mexican restaurants in pattaya , though big als taco booth is fantastic , surprising that no one can match this guy in a restaurant setting when hes basically selling from a street stall.

Big Als the stall in front of Atlantic bar?

yes he has atall there but now has one outside club oasis at the corner of soi buakhou/soi chayippon.

MC DONALDS

KFC

PIZZA HUT

BURGER KING

7 ELEVEN

:o

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the Little Wonder especially the pies mash & liquor ( which I'd never had before). Trouble was it closed by 10pm I think and it was about midnight when I was really hanging out for it

I don't have a Top 5 as such but my favourite is Brunos.

Regards

PSP

:Chokdee3:

My Top 5

Captains Corner - Menu - Texan style BBQ

A little expensive (550baht) but well worth it.

You just choose what meats you want & the chefs BBQ it for you ( also has a very good buffet )

Vientienne - Menu - Thai / Laos / Vietnemese / Chinese

Food is very good & quite reasonably priced for the location.

Service can be poor at times as the waitresses are not very attentive

Sportsman - Menu - English

Great breakfast & the Sunday carvery is excellent.

These last 2 are takeaway Pizzas

Scoobys ( on 3rd rd )Guys you have got to try his pizzas, they are unbelievable.

Miles better than anything else in town.

Baht bus on Soi Yamoto

I am not joking !! A friend of mine took me to Soi Yamoto for a beer & recommended this pizza place.

Their is a Baht bus halfway down this Soi & they cook Pizzas in the back of the bus.

They even have a pizza menu.

The guy pulls up about 8.30pm & people just walk out of the bars, place an order & they bring to your bar.

The quality is remarkable!!

The Pig and Whistle for me. Great food at reasonable prices and excellent service. The roast night was great cant remember which night but the plate was full and meal hot and tasty.

• 1 month later...

Top 5

In no particular order

Brunos, Casa Pascal, Mata Hari, Paradise Cafeand/or Paradise Gardens, Manhattans.

Continue with

Symphony, Pig & Whistle, Sportsman, Patricks, Greggs Kitchen, Sher-e-Punjab, Rice Mill, Marco Polo etc.

ChrisD

• 2 weeks later...

After trying about 7 different places, I finally found a really good pizza at Pan Pan in Jomtien across from View Talay 2. I also like Zen on the top floor of Royal Garden - superb salmon teriyaki for only 200 baht.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

My top 3 are M.K restaurants (the girls love this place) King seafood (good service-food) Ruan thai (clean-nice show-service-love it when the guy runs through the place with a searing hot plate-steaming) later Next!

Been to MK a few times. Girls really do seem to love em.

Not a big fan myself though. I'm a bit crap with meat and don't like eating bits of animal that have names other than 'meat'.

And when i've done MK the girls always get more animal parts than i've ever heard of and i end up starting and some bit of cow liver wishing I wasn't there.

Is well worth a trip for the experience though

My choices reflect my splitting of my time between Bangers and the Pat.

1. Glua Leung Gaew (Crystal Coin Clubhouse)Lad Prao 94, Soi Sriwella. Bangkok.

Perfect streetside garden restaurant and bar. Cheap beer, well-priced scotch, promotional girls and the best Thai food you'll ever eat as well as an European kitchen serving Sizzler-style food (right down to the small piece of inedible fried garlic bread).

Great staff but no English spoken at all.

Full every night of the week.

2. Solapet Restaurant, Panniadchang Soi 8 (Soi Solapet), off Soi Yume, Pattaya.

Great local restaurant and karaoke place with good, cheap Thai food, cheap beer and no frills. Open till you want to go home and stays open during dry days. The karaoke can be a bit hit-or-miss depending on how pissed off the DJ is. He is a miserable bastard of the first order. Popular on weekends.

3. Preecha's Seafood, Ban Amphur. 15 minutes east of Pattaya.

Huge, fantastic seafood restaurant serving great food at a fraction of the price of the tourist traps of Walking Street. Very popular with wealthy thai families and now a little more known amongst the western populace. A couple of years ago you wouldn't see a white face but now you will see the odd Westerner and their underdressed companions.

4. Pig and Whistle. Soi 7, Pattaya.

Can't be beaten for good, clean British food in a traditional setting. Comfortable pub, good air-con, reasonable service and a convivial atmosphere make it a pretty decent place to spend an hour. The owners seem to be a bunch of arrogant arseholes, however.

5. Tawandaeng German Brewery, Rama 3, Bangkok.

Great, if expensive food, magnificent service and the best beer in Thailand combined with hundreds of drunken 'good' girls on their office parties. Try it, you'll be amazed.

Trust me. I'm a fat fuck.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

• 4 weeks later...