Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do you get around in the rain

discoman

I'm getting ready to map out what to bring on my upcoming trip. I realize it's the rainy season and chances are that I am going to go out in the streets and it's going to get wet. I was wondering how do people walk around and keep their feet dry.

Do you say "Forget it" and wear shorts and go bare foot?

Do you say "Forget it" and wear shorts and sandals?

Rain Boots?

Stay inside until it stops Raining?

Please tell me how you get around and what can I take with me to keep somewhat dry?

Thanks

a lot thais have a very light mac,can be folded up in your pocket

they ride there bikes in the rain too,light rain mac

the rain is warm any way,i enjoy it,as dam hot there

in samui had week of rain,but still fun,like song gran

camera needs to be rain proof

i found the streets flood quick,got bad drains there,also a bad smell comes up ,the thais cover the drains with mats,when setting up a stall or food place,some floods are bad,you get a bow wave off your bike,knees

flip flops or trainers be fine,shorts good,it be hot rain,you can baht bus to place to place,or ride bike

i had plastic bag in my rutsack,keep stuff dry,when on my bike

if clouds go really black,monsoon,then get to cover,as it rains like a fire hose

no coat stop that,cant see much as well,get under a bridge or a mall

as i am english ,it allways rain ,so use to it

can put your baht in plastic bag to,in your pocket,keep dry

thais laugh ,but i say ,song gran proof,get few smiles

lots to do under cover,stay in room with bar fine

or visit Soi Six,a soapy,cinema ect

not a problem ,you get round it,a few umbrellas there too

i had one in bangkok,lost it on the sky train some were

well good luck

have a good one

wish i was coming too

got wait till nov

airport plastic bags come in handy for your kit

good luck

I carry a 50 baht umbrella out if it looks like it is going to rain. Sounds obvious but it is amazing how many people do not have one. At that price if I lose in a bar somewhere it is no great problem.

If the rain is heavy some of the Sois fill up with water pretty quickly so it may be worth thinking about a shoes or sandals that you don't mind getting wet. I ruined a pair of more expensive sandals in Bangkok :Cry4:

As astralrecon says many Thais have very thin long macs that can easily be put in your pocket. Might be a worthwhile investment.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Most the time it only rains for about 30-40 min and in a hour its dry again.

babydollsaddict.gif

This is something ive been thinking about as well. Just bought me a new pair of expensive trainers for my trip and dont wonna get them ruined. I dont really care about the rain itself as im from Northern Ireland and it rains alot here but it does'nt fill the streets as the drainage system is good. I guess i'll see when i get there.

Keep it creammy !!!

I would not wear enclosed shoes around patts, coming from a much cooler climate they would be far too sweaty.

A cheap umbrella from big c is fine and stops you from getting burnt to a crisp as well if your of the whiter than white complexion like myself.

Rain is warm but when it's flooding the main problem is putting your foot in a hole and doing yourself some damage, stop for a beer or a bite or a massage and chances are it will be drained away when your finished.

Getting a good drenching in Patts I think is all part of the fun!

When it starts, jump into a bar/shopping mall

After it stops, 'dance' through the floods like the locals

If your soaked, your only a walk/baht bus away from your hotel to get changed or

get a mate to video you 'singing in the rain' and post it so we can reminisce.

Rain is warm but when it's flooding the main problem is putting your foot in a hole and doing yourself some damage, stop for a beer or a bite or a massage and chances are it will be drained away when your finished.

This happened to me on my last trip. I was lucky and didnt hurt myself to much but it could have been much worse. There are a lot of nasty holes in almost every soi. Take a beer or two and relax in a nearby bar until the rain stops.

• 1 month later...

or if out on scooter you get very wet but usually dry off in half hour or so

Keep out of it, it only rains for about an hour usually so just drop in a bar or something if you cant make a dash home, to many loose and bare overhead power cables around Pattaya to go walking around in it.

Lightning can and does strike the boxes linking the cables overhead, seen it happen between Soi 5/6 and it was one hell of a bang, if any cables come loose and contact the ground and your near it and soaking wet, one outcome, your FUCKED!

As one B/M said just enjoy it. If you are near a massage area hole up while enjoying a massage. If you are feeling like a bite grab a light meal or beer, there's never a rush in Pattaya. By the time your activity is finished it has usually not raining and you can get mobile again. I keep a small rain suit on the motor bike but have never used it. These are warm rains and very refreshing. When on foot in Patts sandals are the way to go but the runoff is usually dirty so be careful where you are stepping!

I find a bar or some form of shelter that serves alcohol and wait it out.

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

Stay constantly drunk, so you won’t feel the rain.

:Drunk1:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

If I'm still home, I don't move until it stopped.

Once, I had to stop in front of Camelott hotel because Second Road was under water and on a motorbike it was too wet. I took a baht-bus to go less than 50 meters ahead... :D

Why living with love and fresh water when you can be living with sex and alcohol ?

Worldwide poll : Which country/region do you come from ?

Please answer the poll in order to get complete statistics. Thank you.

If it's raining at night my girlfriend wont let me leave the bar I'm in until it's stopped raining but if the gf isnt with me then I'm happy to walk in the rain to get to the next bar or gogo. The laundry shops in Pattaya are so cheap I don't mind if my clothes get wet.

I'm getting ready to map out what to bring on my upcoming trip. I realize it's the rainy season and chances are that I am going to go out in the streets and it's going to get wet. I was wondering how do people walk around and keep their feet dry.

Do you say "Forget it" and wear shorts and go bare foot?

Do you say "Forget it" and wear shorts and sandals?

Rain Boots?

Stay inside until it stops Raining?

Please tell me how you get around and what can I take with me to keep somewhat dry?

Thanks

Buy an umbrella

• 1 month later...

this is my 50th post everyone, just so u know i am now officially an advanced member!!!!!

WOOHOOOO! :Number1a:

or not

• 2 months later...

I don't care about rain in LOS. There is usually very warm so can't get gold. If I'm on the streets when it start raining I don't care. If I'm in the bar it is good reason to take another beer when rain starts.

I was once walking with TG when rain starts. She was in panic have go to off the rain. Another TG didn't care at all.

Get soaked? Whatever Thai girl can strip your clothes off in the go go or bar and hang them to dry :Think1:

Im usually in my loom in the middle of boom boom when it rains :GoldenSmile1: but if i was outside and it looked like it could rain i put one of those small umbrellas in my shorts pocket, also makes me look like i have a huge cock :GoldenSmile1:

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA