IGNORED

Weird posting under my handle

arbiez

Something strange going on and while I hit the alert button within the thread, I thought I'd alert you as a post in this forum as well . . .

Action

I did a check on "my content" to see if there have been any recent replies to threads I've posted and I discovered this . . .

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/60764-double-entry-tourist-visa-from-cambodia/page__p__949864__fromsearch__1#entry949864http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/60764-double-entry-tourist-visa-from-cambodia/page__p__949864__fromsearch__1#entry949864

Now what is strange is that while the topic seems legit and with decent replies, I didn't start this thread (nor did I reply to it). However, my handle is listed as the initiator and with a reply.

(I promise you I am not joking on this and a bit worried that my handle would show a thread I did not start.)

Good

It appears to be the only thread on this list like this (so far).

Bad

I can't tell if someone hacked my account or if there was a glitch. (I am the only one who uses this PC.)

Follow ups

I've checked emails to see if there is a spam bot or keyboard capture on my PC. (So far nothing -- but I'm not an expert at this.)

I've taken another action which I advised in my "alert".

Based on the hack job done on DD site as mentioned in a thread, I'm wondering if there was a glitch or if something else is going on.

Am I being paranoid or did someone get into my PC and/or PA and making random threads through various handles?

Can you advise me either way?

Edited by arbiez

change your log on password and change the computer settings so you dont auto log on, then watch the other to see if the other topic still changes...

If it does then there is a problem, if not maybe your password was used by someone else....

Or even your computer...

Can you advise me either way?

I've asked Admin to look at it.

Are you saying you did not start the Visa thread?

Presumably you did the Report on this yourself.

Did you also do the Report on somone commenting on ExPat46's Avatar?

• Changed pw
  • I alerted within the original thread myself and posted this
  • I don't auto log on (and I am the ONLY person to use this computer)
  • I have not allowed anyone permission or rights to this (or any other account)
  • I don't remember posting or alerting anything about ExPat46's Avatar (although I did reply to his thread on being called Papa). If this alert was recent, it wasn't me!

I hope this helps.

Edited by arbiez

I often forget things I have done when I have been pissed.

Come to think of it I often forget things.

Al.

I often forget things I have done when I have been pissed.

Come to think of it I often forget things.

Al.

I wish that were the case but unfortunately it is not.

[*]I don't remember posting or alerting anything about ExPat46's Avatar (although I did reply to his thread on being called Papa). If this alert was recent, it wasn't me!

I hope this helps.

That would suggest that someone accessed your account to make the Topic and then later to make a Report.

Could you confirm in the PM conversation including Laamok and Serpentine which, if any, of the 3 'arbiez' posts currently in the thread you posted please.

Done

Edited by arbiez

Just to close this out, thanks for the extra research, follow up and straightening everything out.

Edited by arbiez