IGNORED

Bangkok Hotel Advice please

Sam Beckett

Hi Guys

I am going to Bangkok In April Next year and will be there for 6 days

I have searched the forum and I like the look and Price (under BHT 3K)

with bkfst and internet

of the following hotels

Admiral Suites soi 22

Admiral Premier soi 23

and Grand President soi 11

Does anybody have an opinion on any of these hotels

They seem to be very similar, and have POOLs (handy in april)

I am not too sure of there locations other than they are on Sukhumvit rd

I am not familiar with Bangkok, stayed for a couple of days earlier this year, but spent the days on tours

and was too exausted to do any nitelife site seeing

So looking for something thats close enough to some action but not sleazy....

Cheers

Edited by Sam Beckett

Admiral on Soi 22 is close to a beer bar area, but quite a walk up to Sukhumvit; long crossing to Cowboy or BTS (skytrain)/taxi to Nana

Admiral on 23 is closest to Soi Cowboy; fair walk to the BTS.

Grand President on Soi 11 is just about mid-way between Nana and Cowboy, a short walk up to Sukhumvit and Nana BTS. Avoid Tower 3 studios (a bit cramped): try for a suite in Tower 2: last time I stayed there the rate was 1,999 baht/night and good internet connection if you need it. I've never stayed at an Admiral, so don't know if they're seedy or not. Overall, Grand President is OK (lived there once for 3 months) and very popular with older chaps who like to entertain their Thai nieces at breakfast.

• Like 1

I've stayed at all three, Soi 22 you won't like it's not that good, Soi 23 is acceptable but obnoxious staff when I was there, bed squeeked all night long for some reason (seriously took the mattress and put it on the floor)... 11 might be old but get tower 2 the one bedroom and you can't beat it, short walk to nana bts, easy to cowboy, easy to nana, easy to beer garden, easy to soi 33, etc... I can guarantee you the door man will NOT say anything if you bring back 5 girls at a time...

Adelphi properties (they manage admiral and others) are pretty good look at their full range and I like president park / grand president / president solitaire and others... That's compass hospitality group.

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Check out http://www.bangkokguestfriendlyhotels.com/ this site has all the info you need. On the two maps you see some hotels and party hotspots. It's best that you choose a hotel by yourself depending on your preferences like budget, location, facilities, roomamenities.....

2729606_orig.jpg

3086517_orig.jpg

• Like 1

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Check out http://www.bangkokguestfriendlyhotels.com/ this site has all the info you need. On the two maps you see some hotels and party hotspots. It's best that you choose a hotel by yourself depending on your preferences like budget, location, facilities, roomamenities.....

Great maps & most helpful.

:001_Thank_You5:

Enjoy it all & be nice.

i like staying at the dynasty inn grande , nice rooms , not too far and not too near to everything

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Thanks for the great replies, will check out the hotels mentioned aswell as that terrific site .

Cheers

:001_Thank_You5:

Edited by Sam Beckett

great map ..thank you, i tried book dynasty grande full up early january so am trying the dawin..have i done right guys..thanks

I stayed Dawin hotel 3 days which is located in Soi4. Very good hotel with every aspect.. Friendly staff, good foods, clean.. If i go Bangkok again, no doubt, I will stay at there again.

Ohh My Buddha!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sam,

Woraburi hotel sio 4. 10 mins walk to the famous Nana area and it's skytrain station. Go for the superior room @ about 1200 bht with excellent breakfast. They have a complimintary tuk tuk to take you to Nana. I love thier jacuzi type small swimming pool. They have a massage shop as well. In soi 4 there are many bars including a large Irish and many resturants offering excellent pizzas, seafood, western food and Thai. Most of the bars have a pool table and some are infact pool clubs with many tables. 7/11 and Family mart shops opens 24 hours. Lundary shops are everywhere and not expensive. I hope this help.

www.woraburi.com

All

<iframe width="350" height="240" src="//w2.countingdownto.com/544538" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://countingdownto.com">Countdown Clocks</a></p>

I stayed Dawin Hotel 3 days which is located in Soi4. Very good hotel with every aspect.. Friendly staff, good foods, clean.. If i go Bangkok again, no doubt, I will stay at there again.

I stayed there about 3-4 years ago and it was great.  Now it's getting mixed reviews on Trip Advisor.

S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel has opened up and is getting good reviews.  Right on the doorstep of Cowboy, so not so far for Nana.  I'm giving it a go in December - it is supposed to be girl friendly.

I stayed there about 3-4 years ago and it was great.  Now it's getting mixed reviews on Trip Advisor.

S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel has opened up and is getting good reviews.  Right on the doorstep of Cowboy, so not so far for Nana.  I'm giving it a go in December - it is supposed to be girl friendly.

i wish you good luck bro. dont forget to report here.

Ohh My Buddha!

Hi Sam,

Woraburi hotel sio 4. 10 mins walk to the famous Nana area and it's skytrain station. Go for the superior room @ about 1200 bht with excellent breakfast. They have a complimintary tuk tuk to take you to Nana. I love thier jacuzi type small swimming pool. They have a massage shop as well. In soi 4 there are many bars including a large Irish and many resturants offering excellent pizzas, seafood, western food and Thai. Most of the bars have a pool table and some are infact pool clubs with many tables. 7/11 and Family mart shops opens 24 hours. Lundary shops are everywhere and not expensive. I hope this help.

www.woraburi.com

All

Woraburi for me every time,deals are good stay 3 nights pay for 2 but you HAVE to book the suites the other ones are rubbish.

I'm surprised by the mixed reviews on the Dawin, I think it's a great hotel, have a look at the Majestic grande, top quality girl friendly hotel

I'm pretty sure that the Dawin was only completed in 2008, but nevertheless it gets good reviews for a cool attitude towards guests (and their guests). I've stayed in Majestic Suites, Aspen Suites and Boss Suites - all good and very guest-friendly. I see there is a new hotel next door to Aspen - the hotel Solo. Nice looking place on their website with the glass-walled bathroom that I'm sure will appeal to my inner pervert. Anyone got any experiences of the place ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that the Dawin was only completed in 2008, but nevertheless it gets good reviews for a cool attitude towards guests (and their guests). I've stayed in Majestic Suites, Aspen Suites and Boss Suites - all good and very guest-friendly. I see there is a new hotel next door to Aspen - the Hotel Solo. Nice looking place on their website with the glass-walled bathroom that I'm sure will appeal to my inner pervert. Anyone got any experiences of the place ?

Your right!  I've never been there......  Checked my reservations and I have been to the Davis, which is still getting good reviews, though a little walk from Nana and Cowboy, and I see that it's no longer girl friendly.

• 2 months later...