IGNORED

Nice hotel with good wifi internet and in-room safe?

bbb2k2

Hi guys,

I'm currently planning my 3rd trip to Pattaya and in my previous trips I've stayed at Sandy Springs and LK Metropol. I was quite happy with both places but since I also have to do some work I need a reliable internet access and also a safe to make sure noone steals my laptop.

In Sandy Springs they did not have in-room safe and I had to put my laptop in the reception which was very annoying since it was not open 24/7 and I lived on the 3rd floor (hey! yeah, I'm lazy...). Their wireless internet access was quite slow and not very stable. In the beginning I got it for free but after some days I had to buy access time which was kinda expenisive (Talking LOS expensive so not really expensive...)

LK Metropole had much better internet access but no wireless. I had to sit in my room with a cable which is not what I intend to do... I wanna lay by the pool with my laptop and charge western consulting prices. :D I guess I maybe could solve this by bringing my own wireless router but then I would need a room within wireless range to the pool.

Ok, this brings me to my question to you more experienced guys. This is what i want

- girl friendly

- price range below 2500 bath/day (hopefully around 1500)

- reliable wireless access (if the bandwith is good and it is reliable I can also pay extra for this)

- in-root safe

- location should be similiar to Sandy Springs (soi 13) and LK Metropol or better (closer to Walking Street)

- nice pool

- aircondition

- UBC (?) or whatever that satelite TV package is called (ESPN etc)

- dvd player in room (no big deal, but would be nice)

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me any advice here. I plan to stay from July 14th until August 1st.

BBB

Check out the Residence Garden, and join the pattaya talk board before booking if you like it, they have a special deal at 1399 a night. Look here Residence Garden to see some pics and details. I stayed there in September, and the place is quite nice, spacious room, suite actually with a completely seperate bedroom. The do not mention wireless on those pages, but it is available at an extra cost, I believe it was 100 baht a day for unlimited usage. One downside currently is that there is road construction going on in the area, the road it is on is the major route between Pattaya and Jomtien and badly in need of the widening they are working on. They are working on that whole strech of road, so the construction activities tend to move as work progresses. The last time I was through the area, more than a week ago, the major work is away from the RG, but that will change at some point. I would email them direct and ask about it, and confirm the wireless access and prices.

Rick

I stayed last week at the Chaiyapoon Inn hotel, just off Soi Buakhouw towards third road. Free Wi-Fi Internet, safe in room, nice staff all for 550 Baht per night. Can´t be beaten in my opinion. Their website is www.soichaiyapoon.com :unsure:

Try Bella Villa Prima on Soi 4. Good wireless internet, pool, workout room, and safe in room for 1500 baht per night. Take baht bus to Soi 7 or 8 or WS. Walk to bars at Soi 2-3-4 or Soi 6. Big C across the street.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will check out Residence Garden, seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

BBB

I stayed last week at the Chaiyapoon Inn Hotel, just off Soi Buakhouw towards third road. Free Wi-Fi Internet, safe in room, nice staff all for 550 Baht per night. Can´t be beaten in my opinion. Their website is www.soichaiyapoon.com :Good_Post:

Do they charge a joiner fee? How far is it to walk to Walking Street?

I have been using the Queen Victoria Inn regularly but decided I needed a change.

The Queen Vic had everything I wanted and it seems that this hotel is a very close match.

The price should be less than 2000 BAHT

I require wireless internet and if its FREE all the better

In room safe

Close to the action

No joiner fee

Was it a separate shower or did it just have a shower curtain?

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

The price should be less than 2000 BAHT

I require wireless internet and if its FREE all the better

In room safe

Close to the action

No joiner fee

Was it a separate shower or did it just have a shower curtain?

I paid 550 Baht per night & had all the above mentioned. Also propper seperate shower. No thai style water heater in the shower cabinet also. Stayed under grantite wash basin counter. can only recommed it!