IGNORED

Great food and cheap at Soi Diana

I am staying at LK Metropole and found a great place to eat just across the street at Sawasdee. They have 39 baht menu with 10 selections. I have tried several items and all were good. They do not even charge for the rice like most places do.

Enter the hotel and the restaurant is just to the right, look for blue menu card on the tables with "39" on it and order it from it. If you just sit down, they will normally bring you the regular menu.

Great info. If the food is good that would be a great place. Any pictures of the place?

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I stayed there a couple days last month. It is EXACTLY across the street from LK Metropole. I didn't take a photo because it wasn't much to look at. The rooms were nice except for no safe. 600B/day. Breakfast was free but not nearly as good as, say Canterbury Tales.

I am staying at LK Metropole and love it. I have looked around few places and find it a best value. I am paying 26,000 baht for a month and everything (water, electric, make up room, gym) is included. I was going to stay at Bay Breeze on Soi 12 which has nice clean rooms for 700 baht, but after looking at the room and facilities at LK Metropole, there was a big difference and few hundred baht in price, so I chose LK Metroplole. And, finding Sawasdee just across the street for eats was a bonus. I eat there everyday, sometimes twice a day. Can't beat it for the 39 baht price but more importantly is the quality of the food.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, i'll be staying at the Metropole in Oct and will def give it a try

I am staying at LK Metropole now and it is a very nice hotel. But, I will be trying somewhere else next time. Mainly because of hotel noises. Every afternoon, I get woken up by a telephone, by the elevator, which rings repeatedly and very loudly. Also, the maids while cleaning the rooms will make all sorts of noises from ringing the loud door bells repeatedly to each rooms and talking. This makes it impossible for me to get a good sleep at this supposedly 3-star hotel. Also, the hot water temperature is not constant while showering. This is annoying cause the water will get cold and you have to wait like a minutes for it to get hot.

If you are a night owl and like to sleep through the afternoon, I would not recommend this hotel. But if you get up during normal hours, it is a great hotel, minus the hot water issue.

I am staying at LK Metropole and found a great place to eat just across the street at Sawasdee. They have 39 baht menu with 10 selections. I have tried several items and all were good. They do not even charge for the rice like most places do.

Enter the hotel and the restaurant is just to the right, look for blue menu card on the tables with "39" on it and order it from it. If you just sit down, they will normally bring you the regular menu.

Thanks for the info playboy - will give it a go in 6 weeks and see how it compares to Nuch's and the hole in the wall and report back. :001_Thank_You5:

Playboy, would i be right in saying Sawasdee is opposite

Robins Nest restaurant ? :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by dayo202

Dayo...

:001_Sawasdee: Thank you for your info.Want go more times to LK Metro,Soi Diana and Soi Buakow,an so it's a good idea to test it in November on my next trip.Cheers

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I am staying at LK Metropole now and it is a very nice hotel. But, I will be trying somewhere else next time. Mainly because of hotel noises. Every afternoon, I get woken up by a telephone, by the elevator, which rings repeatedly and very loudly. Also, the maids while cleaning the rooms will make all sorts of noises from ringing the loud door bells repeatedly to each rooms and talking. This makes it impossible for me to get a good sleep at this supposedly 3-star hotel. Also, the hot water temperature is not constant while showering. This is annoying cause the water will get cold and you have to wait like a minutes for it to get hot.

If you are a night owl and like to sleep through the afternoon, I would not recommend this hotel. But if you get up during normal hours, it is a great hotel, minus the hot water issue.

Thanks again for some useful info, I'm normally up and about by midday but I'll request a quiet room away from the lifts just to be safe.

What type of room were you in and how much was it?

Playboy, would i be right in saying Sawasdee is opposite

Robins Nest restaurant ? :GoldenSmile1:

Yes, Sawasdee is opposite Robins Nest restaurant.

What is on the menu at those prices, please?

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Thanks again for some useful info, I'm normally up and about by midday but I'll request a quiet room away from the lifts just to be safe.

What type of room were you in and how much was it?

I am in a standard room (38 sm) which is very nice, had many complements from the girls. It is a one big room with upmarket furnitures and nice decorations (nice blackout curtains, paintings, etc.). It has a comfortable king size bed with 4 pillows. I took pictures but will not be able to upload til I get home.

I paid 26,000 (normally 27,000) baht for a monthly rate plus 1,000 deposit. Daily for low season is 1400, high season is 3000.

What is on the menu at those prices, please?

Pork or chicken with basil leaves with rice.

Omelet Pork or chicken w rice.

Pork or chicken with garlic and pepper.

Noodle Pork or chicken with soy sauce. (my favorite)

Spaghetti w Pork or chicken.

Spring rolls.

Vegetables with Pork or chicken.

Sweet and sour Pork or chicken.

Is Sawasdee a hotel? If so is it part of the Sawasdee chain and what is the full name?

Thanks

PR

Edited by Pocket Rocket

• 5 weeks later...

Is Sawasdee a hotel? If so is it part of the Sawasdee chain and what is the full name?

Thanks

PR

Yes, Sawasdee is a hotel. It is Sawasdee Pattaya hotel.

• 1 month later...

Tried out the place on the last trip a couple of weeks back and had the chicken and garlic (with fried egg +10 baht more) a couple of times. The food is of good quality, nicely spiced and on a par with Nuch's re quality and quantity, but not the same portion size at Hole in the Wall. Its definitely a good alternative to Nuch's or the Hole at that price, but there was couple of negatives. Firstly, the service wasn't great - 2nd time food took a while to arrive(15 mins or so) and i was only one of 2 customers in. I also difficulty in getting any of the 3 waiters on duty to come over and check bin as they were all sat watching tv - would have thought they would have been a bit more keen since one of the hotel managers was conducting a job interview on the table next to mine! The other slight issue was the only 39 baht menus i could find were all in Thai so had to ask what was on offer at that price - the rest of the menu was all translated so maybe aiming the cheaper option at the thai hotel guests.