IGNORED

Canterbury tales

stew

This will get you worried!!

Beer contains female hormones.

Last month, Wits University and RAU scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain Phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.

It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects :

1) Argued over nothing.

2) Refused to apologise when obviously wrong.

3) Gained weight.

4) Talked excessively without making sense.

5) Became overly emotional

6) Couldn't drive.

7) Failed to think rationally.

8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

lol @ Daveo

It all began with an iPhone...

March was when my son celebrated his 15th birthday, and I got him an iPhone.

He just loved it. Who wouldn't?

I celebrated my birthday in July, and my wife made me very happy when she bought me an iPad.

My daughter's birthday was in August so I got her an iPod Touch.

My wife celebrated her birthday in September so I got her a smothing iRon.

It was around then that the fight started...

What my wife failed to recognize is that the iRon can be integrated into

the home network with the iWash, iCook and iClean.

This inevitably activates the iNag reminder service.

I should be out of the hospital next week!!

Edited by FOH

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

Great stuff Foh, I will bring you some grapes.

I like the revamp of the website, looks a lot smarter without losing the canterbury tales identity.

and.... no more annoying transition sounds between pages,

good job

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks for that and yes I agree, still more work to do on it yet but its back online.

• 1 month later...

@daveo,

can my thai girlfriend make a reservation for me ?

i want to book room '4c'

Edited by mermar

Thanks for that and yes I agree, still more work to do on it yet but its back online.

Hi Dave.

Well done on the website & also the rooms in C look very nice. I'm in LOS ATM & am planning a (post Songkran, grrr!) holiday in Patts. Would you prefer me to call or email?

A little feedback on the website. It seems to be optimised for 4:3 & most people have widescreens these days (16:9); lots of dead & potentially usable space on the left / right sides. The descriptions on the room page particularly are too narrow & would benefit from 'widening' for ease of reading.

Hope to see you soon me old mucker. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

@daveo,

can my thai girlfriend make a reservation for me ?

i want to book room '4c'

HI Mate

Yes she can, what are your dates.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave.

Well done on the website & also the rooms in C look very nice. I'm in LOS ATM & am planning a (post Songkran, grrr!) holiday in Patts. Would you prefer me to call or email?

A little feedback on the website. It seems to be optimised for 4:3 & most people have widescreens these days (16:9); lots of dead & potentially usable space on the left / right sides. The descriptions on the room page particularly are too narrow & would benefit from 'widening' for ease of reading.

Hope to see you soon me old mucker. :GoldenSmile1:

HI Matey, I will pass the info onto the web guy and see what he says.

Thanks for that, either way but probably easier email, chat soon Dave

Has anyone stayed at Canterbury tales in Soi Chayapoon? I've been offered 2 rooms but I haven't booked them yet as I stayed at a guesthouse last year in that street across from Crazy Daves in a room at the front. There is a Thai disco across the road and from about 3 or 4am it kicks off and you cannot get a wink of sleep. I'd like to know is it worth booking these rooms at the front of Canterbury tales and is that disco still in business, thank you.

yess i stayed in that soi was it by anychance paradise guest house u stayed in ? i stayed there for a year and the windows would vibrate

from the noise coming from xcite disco i stayed at the front room of the plce couldnt get a room at the back,

but along 3rd road plenty of guest houses

I stayed in room 12A (1 bedroom) last year, which benefited from a window facing Soi Chayapoon & one facing the mouth of Soi Exzite. It did get noisy in the early hours of the morning, particularly from one bar on Soi Exzite.

It's a noisy area in general, but it generally stopped around 2am & I didn't have any problems sleeping; I stayed there during Songkran too!!!

I wasn't bothered by the noise from the disco, as it's located on 3rd Road & quite a distance away.

sgu_banner.gif

I guess in Party town it does get a tad noisy although this is a minor problem especially with no bar down stairs and rarely does it get mentioned.

I know the sonkran week can be crazy but all over now.

Room 8A has 2 TV's 2 DVD players, so you can watch your TV & your telak can watch her Thai soap's, separate bedroom & lounge, and all the normal amenities.Room 8 AA copy.jpg8A TV 1 copy copy.jpgRoom 8 A (1)AA Acopy copy.jpgRoom 8 A (2SD) copy copy copy.jpgRoom 8 A (3).jpg

A little bit of noise from the street won't bother me I've got Room 1B for May :)

Room 8A has 2 TV's 2 DVD players, so you can watch your TV & your telak can watch her Thai soap's,

2 TV's What a nightmare and Thai Soaps :Banghead2: I always tell the "Telak" TV KAPUT and hope she goes off to "look look TV" with "My friend me" or should that be "Her friend She" :rolleyes:

Edited by FOH

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Be in control of her and tell her to watch quietly, hahaha.

I was at CT early March for a brekkie & chat with Dave & cronies. :Circle_Sharks:

Maybe I'm not very observant, but during my 'hols no 2' last week I was drinking in Whiskers Bar opposite & noticed a brand new, all singing, all dancing new bar; where Nuch restaurant used to be & encompassing the unit (Isaan restaurant) on Chayapoon as well.

It looked like a rather swanky place & out of my price range. :SoWhat1:

Nuch was always busy, so must have taken a big golden parachute!

+ does anyone know where I can get a decent Lab Moo? :Whistle:

sgu_banner.gif

Yes its a good addition to the soi with happy hour from 8am to 8pm with sam mig for example 2 for 1 so 2 for 85baht but then 1 for 85baht after 8pm so I think that may be a stumbling block.

Hey Dave, looking forward to having a beer and watching the 'Ammers with you. Jebb.

image.png

Hey Dave, looking forward to having a beer and watching the 'Ammers with you. Jebb.

Yes dave but not in the Prem will see ya in May Dave

night out.jpg

86768008647001905.png

Yes Boyo I will look forward to it and hope this guy dont hear you say that, Cass Pennant is in town and doing a charity event with the guys at the Stags Head in LK Metro, they raised some money for the Thai kids for St Georges day.

cass 2.jpg

Hi Daveo,

I notice you have a bookshop, how much is that book Money No1, I could order it here in Australia but it will cost me shitloads no doubt.

I am planning to go to Pattaya in the next couple of Months

Cheers in Advance

Matelot

HI Mate

We have it used sometimes at about 180 baht but sells fast as the new one in the big book shops is 450 baht, when we have it we sell it at 360 baht as new, if your coming over then I will save you one, I could post you one but I know the post is as much as the new book so makes it silly.

As your coming over soon I should wait till you arrive.

Yes its a good addition to the soi with happy hour from 8am to 8pm with sam mig for example 2 for 1 so 2 for 85baht but then 1 for 85baht after 8pm so I think that may be a stumbling block.

Might try it out next time. Whiskers Bar was quiet & Kev looked none too happy. Maybe it's because he's a Leeds fan & always looks like that, or maybe he's pining for the 2000B the K man borrowed from his lass before he pissed off back home. :GoldenSmile1:

Barbie Bar was rammed as usual. Do they still have no BF and / or free ST rooms? :ThankGod1:

sgu_banner.gif

Yes Boyo I will look forward to it and hope this guy dont hear you say that, Cass Pennant is in town and doing a charity event with the guys at the Stags Head in LK Metro, they raised some money for the Thai kids for St Georges day.

cass 2.jpg

so funny

Be in control of her and tell her to watch quietly, hahaha.

this is nothing to do with your post but your website dont work mate, i tryed it a few times and it wont open at all

this is nothing to do with your post but your website dont work mate, i tryed it a few times and it wont open at all

It works OK for me in the UK

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/