IGNORED

Canterbury tales

stew

Has anyone stayed at Canterbury tales in Soi Chayapoon? I've been offered 2 rooms but I haven't booked them yet as I stayed at a guesthouse last year in that street across from Crazy Daves in a room at the front. There is a Thai disco across the road and from about 3 or 4am it kicks off and you cannot get a wink of sleep. I'd like to know is it worth booking these rooms at the front of Canterbury tales and is that disco still in business, thank you.

stew - yes, the annoying thai karaoke/disco was still in business as of end of june. from what i understand they get told to turn down the noise after enough complaints from the other residents in the street - when i stayed in room 12A there in march it wasn't an issue (stayed elsewhere in june/july) but could easily have got worse again - on previous stays in 12A there it was loud enough to keep me and the LT awake on a couple of nights. i think if you get rooms at the back of building B or those in building A at the side of building it wouldn't be an issue at all. i wouldn't personally go for the rooms at the front of B though as they face towards it.

Has anyone stayed at Canterbury tales in Soi Chayapoon? I've been offered 2 rooms but I haven't booked them yet as I stayed at a guesthouse last year in that street across from Crazy Daves in a room at the front. There is a Thai disco across the road and from about 3 or 4am it kicks off and you cannot get a wink of sleep. I'd like to know is it worth booking these rooms at the front of Canterbury tales and is that disco still in business, thank you.

Thank you Dr Nick.

I stayed in room 6B for 10 days in July. Although I could hear some drums at night in the "living room" with the couch and TV, which fronts on the street, in the bedroom, which is separate, I didn't notice anything. The noise wasn't loud enough to be heard over the (relatively quiet) wall mounted fan. The one night it was noisy was, I think, the end of the World Cup (I'm not sure as I don't follow that sport).

Of course in Party town there will be noise from time to time and I get more people complain about guest houses they stay at above a noisy bar than ever I have had about the noise from the kareoke, I am aware it can wake sensitive sleepers and we have complained to them but of course this is Thailand and I am aware of it.

In saying that we have a lot of repeat customers in fact well over 50% are and we are full now and have been all through the BKK troubles and recession etc so really its not so bad but as I say it may disturb very sensitive sleepers, thankfully a few beers and a good woman make a guy tired.

I will however make another complaint and it will make a difference then a few months go by and up it goes again.

My apologies to those affected.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I stayed at the Canterbury last June and if you sat on the balcony in the early hours the noise was noticeable,

but once you closed the doors and had the air-con working in the bedroom you could hardly hear it.

Lets face it if you went on holiday to Ibiza, Magaluf, Surfers Paradise,etc: would you be going there for a nice

peaceful, relaxing vacation or would you be going to get pissed and pull birds?

If you want a lovely quite holiday I can recommend North Yorkshire.......

Its quiet,its got history,pubs,women and if that's not enough there's a wide selection of sheep to cuddle up to on

a night....heh...heh...heh

...would you be going there for a nice

peaceful, relaxing vacation or would you be going to get pissed and pull birds?...

Why should the two be mutually exclusive ?

Been to many countries around the world.

When I wanted a little peace I would always look for a hotel with a bit of height, that way you know there's a good chance your going to be so far above the bars that any noise wouldn't be an issue.

If you want a bit of peace from the madness of Patts' head for the skies or the Chabba Hut Resort.

Never stayed there but there are some good reviews of how quiet it is and its not far down the road from the

Canterbury. Same price range as well.

As for my next trip I'm spending the first part in a guesthouse amongst the madness and the last part in the skies at the PBR where I'm hoping I'll get some peace!

i stayed for 10 days at CT in May-only 1 night was the noise a problem when that feckin karaoke was on-the other 9 nights-no problem-CT is a great place to stay

or www.fawltytowers.com u can try here

add.jpg

www.FawltyTowersPattaya.com

[email protected]

Skype - ftpattaya

Rooms from 600baht per night

Hey mate

I stayed at Canterbury Tales earlier this year, in the same building.

Really pissed me off the karaoke place still going at 9.00am.

Staying close by this time,but will still use C'Tales to eat, meet mates.

cheers

I stayed there early this year and after a few beers a good partner was tired and didnt notice it really, I am probably booking in again for December,

or www.fawltytowers.com u can try here

Probably bad form posting about your business in a thread about another, especially when Dave's a long standing member here and he's already posted in this thread.

Probably bad form posting about your business in a thread about another, especially when Dave's a long standing member here and he's already posted in this thread.

Yes would have to agree with that, I wonder How Dave would feel if I went onto Fawlty Towers thread with one of my ads, I wouldn't do it of course.b7428d0336bb21a565dcddf7bb4e428c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes agreed, I know Dave, C/T's to be more than a Gentleman to have to be this sneaky

Canterbury tales is a great place to stay, not only because off the very decent but still low priced rooms,but also because you will have a great time sitting at the table while having breakfast, chatting with the rest of the guys there.

I'm just back from Patts, stayed there for the first time and i allready miss the guys :P

Canterbury tales is a great place to stay, not only because off the very decent but still low priced rooms,but also because you will have a great time sitting at the table while having breakfast, chatting with the rest of the guys there.

I'm just back from Patts, stayed there for the first time and i allready miss the guys :P

Hey Sam

It was good meeting you too and was great to hear you enjoyed your time here.

All the best DavePhotoFunia-9bc451.jpg

Hey Sam

It was good meeting you too and was great to hear you enjoyed your time here.

All the best DavePhotoFunia-9bc451.jpg

Thank you.

Say hi to all the boys from me :)

Edited by doctorsam17

Will do Sam, all the best Dave.

post-2887-015061200 1277056428.jpg

post-2887-026041300 1277056363.jpg

Edited by Daveo

Of course in Party town there will be noise from time to time and I get more people complain about guest houses they stay at above a noisy bar than ever I have had about the noise from the kareoke, I am aware it can wake sensitive sleepers and we have complained to them but of course this is Thailand and I am aware of it.

Well, you've got to be *very* sensitive to noise to be disturbed in your sleep since the bedrooms don't overlook the street. I know because I spent about 12 days in July/August in building A, B and the newest one further up the soi with keycard access.

By the way, I do recommend anyone Canterbury Tales if you're looking for quality budget accommodation in a friendly part of the city near Bliss Lounge, soi LK Metro and soi Buakhow. Their English breakfast is also very good.

Regards from Jeremy, the French-Vietnamese guy. Say hi to Keith for me.

Well, you've got to be *very* sensitive to noise to be disturbed in your sleep since the bedrooms don't overlook the street. I know because I spent about 12 days in July/August in building A, B and the newest one further up the soi with keycard access.

By the way, I do recommend anyone Canterbury Tales if you're looking for quality budget accommodation in a friendly part of the city near Bliss Lounge, soi LK Metro and soi Buakhow. Their English breakfast is also very good.

Regards from Jeremy, the French-Vietnamese guy. Say hi to Keith for me.

When I stayed in Soi Chayapoon it was directly across from the noisy Thai disco. the thing that got me was the hours it was going. It seemed to start around 3am and go on until about 9 or 10am, very unsociable.

When I stayed in Soi Chayapoon it was directly across from the noisy Thai disco. the thing that got me was the hours it was going. It seemed to start around 3am and go on until about 9 or 10am, very unsociable.

Well, what do you expect from Thai youngsters living in Vice City? They're certainly not the kind to go to bed at midnight :)

Soi Chaiyapoon, Buakhow and LK Metro are not the best places to find quiet accommodation. Jomtien is much quieter :)

Well, what do you expect from Thai youngsters living in Vice City? They're certainly not the kind to go to bed at midnight :)

Soi Chaiyapoon, Buakhow and LK Metro are not the best places to find quiet accommodation. Jomtien is much quieter :)

No respect for the older people :GoldenSmile1: I don't care if the place is noisy between drinking hours, that's fair game. They break all the rules partying at that hour, 10am, tsk tsk :Party5::CatDance1::Drunk_Party::Anger::Finger4::Drunk1::Party3::GrinNod1::Insanity:

No respect for the older people :GoldenSmile1: I don't care if the place is noisy between drinking hours, that's fair game. They break all the rules partying at that hour, 10am, tsk tsk :Party5::CatDance1::Drunk_Party::Anger::Finger4::Drunk1::Party3::GrinNod1::Insanity:

that is what beaches are for ,geting a tan and sleeping ,ready for the next night .