IGNORED

Review: Pattaya Bay Resort

PetterSmart

hello.

this is my review of Pattaya Bay Resort

i stayed there for 20 days in june.

it was my first trip to thailand and i had never been to other hotels. but when i was picked up at the airport by PBR's taxi i started to see the friendlyness (is that a word?)

anyway, we arrived at the hotel and i was pretty satisfied its not a huge hotel where the hotels dont have control of whos who and whats where.

i booked in to a standard room (1000B) a day.

the room is an ok size room 28m2. everything is clean and nice.

+ service and friendly staff

+ location (right behind avenue in second road) so its not noisy hotel when your trying to sleep.

+ price

+ very clean after every room service.

+ good breakfast

+ AC very effective

+ good bed

- a bit weak shower (not the bathroom, but water coming out of was a with to weak for my taste)

so i would really recomend this hotel to other travellers

Thanks for your rec. I'm booked in to stay there for the first time in Sept for a week. Did you find any places close by that you liked? :001_Thank_You5:

Nice review. PetterSmart :)

So when are you going back to pattaya? addicted?

Was it better than you thought?

Do have any pictures from your trip?

Im going to Patts 29 august. 14 days of fun.

Jones78 your fellow Norwegian.

Thanks for your rec. I'm booked in to stay there for the first time in Sept for a week. Did you find any places close by that you liked? :001_Thank_You5:

loads of good places near this hotel,very central for everywhere in pattaya,great hotel also.

petersmart just to add to your review(i also was there for 21 days in june) if you like a cuppa take a mini kettle..free tuk tuk to soi buckhoaw 200 mtrs(2o baht tip for the driver)..large gathering of thais at the entrance to the lane of the hotel in the day ,can be a bit off putting for a noob, but i never had any trouble in my 3 weeks stay there..just smiles..great little bar called "bodega " just thro the shopping centre on 2nd avenue full of sexy ladies..and beach rd and Walking Street short walk away,lovely cleaner on floor 6 "OY" and the reception girls are brill,on two or three occasions when trying to get home early hours of morning on motorbike taxi they didnt no where hotel was..take little card from reception to show driver or learn wot "soi 15" is in thai...great hotel as peter said but to expensive in high season..am looking for elsewhere jan 2011 trip

Just one question :

- Is Pattya bay ressort guestfriendly ? :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

Just one question :

- Is Pattya bay ressort guestfriendly ? :GoldenSmile1:

Completely guest friendly. Bring back as many as you like. They'll need to leave their IDs at reception and you'll be phoned to check everything's OK before they're allowed to leave. Great hotel.

Completely guest friendly. Bring back as many as you like. They'll need to leave their IDs at reception and you'll be phoned to check everything's OK before they're allowed to leave. Great hotel.

Ok, same as Amari Nova Suites.

Thank you for informations. Maybe, I can staythere next time. hotel is not far away from WS :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

I got an email from the hotel saying they charged 300 baht for a second guest. Does anyone know if this is the case? If yes do they charge for the second girl if she doesn't spend the night? I love the idea of being phoned if everything is OK before letting the girl walk away.

never been charged extra for more than 1 girl, had 3 girls in room many a time..(more than 6 holidays so far at PBR)BUT if they sent you email stating that the 2nd girl was going to be charged for then perhaps the policy has changed

I got an email from the hotel saying they charged 300 baht for a second guest. Does anyone know if this is the case? If yes do they charge for the second girl if she doesn't spend the night? I love the idea of being phoned if everything is OK before letting the girl walk away.

Although it says this in their literature I have never heard of anyone being charged anything for an extra guest or an extra 2, 3 or 4 guests either. It's a very monger friendly hotel and if you have any problem while staying there either the manager Boem or the owner Kim (an American) will sort it out for you.

• 3 weeks later...

hello.

this is my review of Pattaya Bay Resort

i stayed there for 20 days in june.

it was my first trip to thailand and i had never been to other hotels. but when i was picked up at the airport by PBR's taxi i started to see the friendlyness (is that a word?)

anyway, we arrived at the hotel and i was pretty satisfied its not a huge hotel where the hotels dont have control of whos who and whats where.

i booked in to a standard room (1000B) a day.

the room is an ok size room 28m2. everything is clean and nice.

+ service and friendly staff

+ location (right behind avenue in second road) so its not noisy hotel when your trying to sleep.

+ price

+ very clean after every room service.

+ good breakfast

+ AC very effective

+ good bed

- a bit weak shower (not the bathroom, but water coming out of was a with to weak for my taste)

so i would really recomend this hotel to other travellers

Good review, I agree totally. I just checked out, and I would return.

Some additional items:

the safe is a bit small: laptops will not fit.

Location is behind the avenue shoppoing center, the map on there web site shows the walking path as a dotted line.

TVs are great. though did not watch much. But it certainly impressed my first LT. She remarked the TV is HUGE... I don't think she gets out much though. She also said my cock was HUGE.

I agree, this hotel is an excellent option. One of my good friends stayed there for a week and a half last year, and though I've never booked it myself, I spent a number of hours at the hotel, seen the rooms and facilities and would definitely recommend it as a good option in its price range. My friend never was charged for bringing back girls.

Glad to hear it is a good hotel I am booked in for 3 weeks in the presedential suite aparently it sleeps 4 so me and 3 girls :GrinNod1:

has any one stayed in the presidential suite before? is it worth it?

Glad to hear it is a good hotel I am booked in for 3 weeks in the presedential suite aparently it sleeps 4 so me and 3 girls :GrinNod1:

has any one stayed in the presidential suite before? is it worth it?

I've just had 4 nights in the Pres Suite, but got it as a free upgrade so it only cost me the standard room price :001_Thank_You5:

It's great and my BG wanted to move in permanently. Computer, big TV/home cinema/DVD, massage chair, espresso machine - not sure it could sleep 4, but the bed is big and there's a comfy sofa.

Enjoy!

I just stayed a week in deluxe room and was good. lots of room, free wifi, clean etc.

Was going to stay again end next month when i go back down to pattaya for 2 weeks but in high season its more expensive so might elsewhere.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got any top tips for acquiring an free upgrade? There seems to be so many positive remarks about this hotel, I had no hesitation to book a reservation.

I notice different views on whether or not you pay for a second girl or not. Is it worth tipping and becoming friends with the reception staff early on?

Views and guidance greatly appreciated!

Tele Delux

Has anyone got any top tips for acquiring an free upgrade? There seems to be so many positive remarks about this hotel, I had no hesitation to book a reservation.

I notice different views on whether or not you pay for a second girl or not. Is it worth tipping and becoming friends with the reception staff early on?

Views and guidance greatly appreciated!

Tele Delux

I've not heard of anyone being charged for an extra girl. I guess they're just reserving the right to do so, and to break up a loud party going on with multiple guests.

A number of board members have stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort and described it in their trip reports. I've booked 20 nights for myself there, and will arrive on December 18. I am hoping to have a nice room, with a properly functioning bathroom (that's big for me), and BBC World on the television (I suspect it's too much to expect ESPN International or Star; sigh). The pool doesn't appear to offer any real shade, so maybe I'll spend most of my days on the beach strip. Hope to meet some BMs, wherever they may be staying.

A number of board members have stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort and described it in their trip reports. I've booked 20 nights for myself there, and will arrive on December 18. I am hoping to have a nice room, with a properly functioning bathroom (that's big for me), and BBC World on the television (I suspect it's too much to expect ESPN International or Star; sigh). The pool doesn't appear to offer any real shade, so maybe I'll spend most of my days on the beach strip. Hope to meet some BMs, wherever they may be staying.

The bathrooms are fine but small, although there's no bath only a shower in the standard rooms. BBC World, Fox News and Aljazeerah are all available but not ESPN/Star.

The bathrooms are fine but small, although there's no bath only a shower in the standard rooms. BBC World, Fox News and Aljazeerah are all available but not ESPN/Star.

Thanks, dude! I only need a shower. (Maybe a bath might be romantic with that special bar girl?) I'm a news junkie, so I need my BBC World. As for sports channels, that doesn't surprise me; that's what the bars are for, I guess!