IGNORED

New Way to catch fish

A couple of trips back i was in the village sitting down to an ale or two, now out here my TGFs parents have a rice farm with accompanying fish farm and obligitory coconuts.The lights start to "flicker" i ask TGF what's happening? Oh, they are catching fish,ok, with elecricity? gotta see this.Head down to water,picture this - two cables running from house, a good 100 metres away, boy standing in water with two prods in mud,scarey, stuff eh?

Apparently fish get stunned,boy flicks out fish to awaiting hands on bank,Aunty rubs in salt, cooks on skewers over hot coals, can't get any fresher than that,you see something different every day in LOS

Once every year or two they will actually pump all of the water out of the fish pools to harvest the fish. Can't beat that method for efficiency!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

beats using a rod and bait.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

My GF's son lives in Chayapoom. I don't understand the mechanisms of it, but apparently lots of pools of water merge & diverge on a regular basis. He was walking home from school a few weeks ago when he spotted a fish 'as big as his arm' trapped in a small pool. He scooped it up in his shirt & took it home.

The family ate for free for a few days. :EatThePoor1:

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Where I used to live out the Darkside previously, every time it pissed down, one of the soi's in and out of there would flood, was riding home one day after the rain and there were Tilapia thrashing around on the road, the adjacent pond had overflowed and they escaped, the locals were all over the road trying to pick the things up.

GoldenSmile1.gif

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger