IGNORED

Q Cars

wiggy221

Hi all,

Newbie here, glad i have found the forum :-)

Would just like to ask if anyone has used Q Cars for car hire recently or in the past, i am looking at using them very soon and they have an attractive rate and seem to have all the insurance in place, not that i know what the correct insurance is, but they say they have full insurance.

Would really welcome peoples comments on them.

Also, would like to know if you know of any car rental companies who would allow you to rent a car without a credit card? Most ask for the credit card to pre-authorise a deposit when you take the car i do not own a credit card and nor can i get one. Thus one reason Q cars have been handy as they will take the deposit in cash.

Thanks everyone,

Wiggy

Can't comment on the cars, but as to C/Cards....

I happily scrapped my CC 2 years ago. I now have a Mastercard Debit Card that simply draws money from my savings account (but is not a Credit Card at all).

Because it's a Mastercard, it's accepted the same as a CC worldwide. Works in an ATM or in the shops or online.

Might be worth seeing if your UK bank has an equivalent, so many places like to have a CC number on file these days.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Can't comment on the cars, but as to C/Cards....

I happily scrapped my CC 2 years ago. I now have a Mastercard Debit Card that simply draws money from my savings account (but is not a Credit Card at all).

Because it's a Mastercard, it's accepted the same as a CC worldwide. Works in an ATM or in the shops or online.

Might be worth seeing if your UK bank has an equivalent, so many places like to have a CC number on file these days.

Cheers

Perthie

Hi Perthie,

I have a Visa Electron and my wife has a Visa card but after speaking to most companies they say they wont take the Wifes Visa card as its a debit card and not a credit card. Seems strange i think as in the UK i have rented a car and solely used a visa electron for the transaction AND pre-authorised deposit when you drive away

Wow, that's a pain!!

I've used my card all over the place since I switched to it, here and in Thailand. Never had any problems getting it accepted online for purchases or deposits, and booked my entire holiday online using it.

Sorry I wasn't any help with that one, hope someone comes back to you with some response on the cars.

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Never rented a car in thailand but i do know john the owner he has been in thailand for years and suplys a lot of expats with cars (that most have crashed at some point ) without any problems

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

Thanks for letting me know that Monkey, i am a bit concerned now that you have told me most have been crased or involved in an accident at some point.

I will have my wife and small baby in the car with me so if there is any possibility that the cars may not be up to scratch i think i may have to give them a miss and try find somewhere else.