IGNORED

Travel advise please...?

daveboro

I am wanting to travel from pattaya to angkor watt....... I under stand that flying from Bangkok is the easiest way.... but it seems to be expensive...... anyone have any cheap flight ideas...?

My other idea is going by coach... have read a few posts about this... but has anyone done it recently... what was the rough costs, how long did the journy take... and would you advise it..

Edited by daveboro

As i am going in three weeks and would like help....

I am wanting to travel from pattaya to angkor watt....... I under stand that flying from Bangkok is the easiest way.... but it seems to be expensive...... anyone have any cheap flight ideas...?

My other idea is going by coach... have read a few posts about this... but has anyone done it recently... what was the rough costs, how long did the journy take... and would you advise it..

This isn't going to be much help as I haven't done it recently so can't remember cost or time taken, but do remember that the roads were pretty bad even by Thai / Cambodian main road standards so wouldn't recommend it unless you are on an extremely tight budget and with time on your side (and want to get a feel for the 'real Thailand').

Having said that Angkor Wat and the surrounding area is impressive to say the least so well worth the journey there.

If at all possible fly!

An alternative is fly to Phnom Penh and then PP to Siem Reap by ferry boat, about as smooth as any trip I've taken throughout SE Asia, but still 5 hours +

bb69

Last year the flights were around $200+ US but for some reason this year they are a lot more than that

why ?? who knows with flights and airlines.

I did the trip a few years ago, bus from Bangkok to the border with Cambodia (Poi Pet- spelling ?) and then by taxi in to Siem Reap, the bus fare was very little maybe 150B ? and the taxi I think was 1200Baht for two of us but as was said the road was terrible and it took like 6.5 hors to travel the 160km+.

I think the road has now been paved, not sure but it was not an easy trip when I did it, Poi Pet was an absolute crazy place . But having said that I would not have missed the trip for the world as it was a life experience, but I did fly back to Bangkok as the rain came and again washed out the road.

Do a search and I'm sure you will come up with more current information, and yes it's worth the trip Agkor is fantastic ! good luck

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

Forget the boat, it's Monsoon, $36 OW now, & a claustrophobic experience if you can sit on top. Fly to PNH on Air Asia & get a bus. IMHO you should look into a 'Discovey Airpass' from BKK Air. You'll save 40-50%, but you've gotta buy 3 links. http://www.bangkokair.com/discovery-airpass/index.php Wait a seccond, they've got a Visa 2fer going on now too ! http://www.bangkokair.com/promotions/index.php

Edited by wackyjacky