IGNORED

Hotel Vacancy rates christmas / new year

Vego69

Just wondering about vacancy rates re hotels over the new year period? Flights booked...arrive 27 December for 2 week stay. My hotel of choice Tim Boutique is quoting well over $110 US per night for that period! Question...should I wait for better rates closer to the trip or should I get in early ie RK Renaissance down the road at a better rate???

over christmas its classed as high season so most hotels charge extra, try going throug agoda.com and see what prices you can get from there. probally booking early might be your best bet atleast that way you gurantee what you want and hotels start to fill out for christmas/new year festives

Just wondering about vacancy rates re hotels over the new year period? Flights booked...arrive 27 December for 2 week stay. My hotel of choice Tim Boutique is quoting well over $110 US per night for that period! Question...should I wait for better rates closer to the trip or should I get in early ie RK Renaissance down the road at a better rate???

I doubt the rates are going to get any better, and in fact the closer to the date the less options you will end up with. Occupancy rates tend to be 90%+ for many hotels over the Christmas/ New Year period - that's why they call it the high season.

Not sure where you got the rate stated above, but if the rate if direct from Tim's then you can likely get a better rate by booking thru Agoda, Wotif, or similar hotel booking sites.

Edited by whitespider

Agoda are quoting $106US for that period so I doubt you will get a better rate than that.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ