IGNORED

Schengen Visa for Philippina

Old Salty

I am inThailand on a retirement visa and I am living together with a Philippina who is staying in Thailand on a double entry tourist visa. We were planning a trip to Europe and went to the German Embassy to apply for a tourist visa for her. At the Embassy we were informed that she can not apply for a tourist visa to the Schengen States in Thailand because she is only a tourist here and needs to show residency in Thailand, otherwise she can only apply for a tourist visa to Europe in Manila. I have now following questions to the BMs:

Has anybody else ever dealt with this problem and if yes, how did you solve it?

Is it possible to change a tourist visa into a residence visa without leaving Thailand?

Is an Ed-visa equal to a residence visa and does it allow to apply for a tourist visa at the German Embassy?

All answers and advises are appreciated>

I think they are right. She will need to apply for the visa to Europe from her country of residence - in this case the Philippines. I know it sucks but them the rules.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

I am inThailand on a retirement visa and I am living together with a Philippina who is staying in Thailand on a double entry tourist visa. We were planning a trip to Europe and went to the German Embassy to apply for a tourist visa for her. At the Embassy we were informed that she can not apply for a tourist visa to the Schengen States in Thailand because she is only a tourist here and needs to show residency in Thailand, otherwise she can only apply for a tourist visa to Europe in Manila. I have now following questions to the BMs:

Has anybody else ever dealt with this problem and if yes, how did you solve it?

Is it possible to change a tourist visa into a residence visa without leaving Thailand?

Is an Ed-visa equal to a residence visa and does it allow to apply for a tourist visa at the German Embassy?

All answers and advises are appreciated>

Well, it sounds like the German embassy at BKK isn't going to issue her a visa. I'd think her applying for Thai permanent residency would be more of a hassle than just going back to PI and getting the Visa there. Your other option is to try different Schengen state embassies in BKK. Once she has a Schengen visa, all is well; it doesn't necessarily have to be issued by Germany. The way I understand it, you can enter ANY of the Schengen states on a Schengen visa and you'll be admitted. The hard part is convincing the issuing embassy that their country is the "primary destination" so they can issue the visa. I'd try contacting other countries' embassies that may have a more laid-back attitude and ask if they will issue a visa to a PI national and if so what documentation they will want. The worst thing they can say is no.

She should apply in her host country.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059