IGNORED

Open a bank account?

gmid2006

Hi guys, I have heard that you can open a Bank account in Pattaya using your Passport and the hotel's address. I believe the Bank's name start with a K. Does anyone know the name of the bank and location? Also I have heard that you would need to leave a minimum amount in the account or they will keep charging you a service fee until all your money is gone. Would appreciate any information. Thanks

kasikorn its green bank and they have a big branch on Pattaya Central Rd between 2nd RD and Soi Bukaw

Hi guys, I have heard that you can open a Bank account in Pattaya using your Passport and the hotel's address. I believe the Bank's name start with a K. Does anyone know the name of the bank and location? Also I have heard that you would need to leave a minimum amount in the account or they will keep charging you a service fee until all your money is gone. Would appreciate any information. Thanks

I have an account at K (kasikorn) Bank. The only reason I use them is because of direct deposit from work. I don't know if it would be worth it if you are hear for just a short time.

If you decide to open an account,I would talk to the different banks. Also, see what banks are nearest you.

Good Luck!

K bank is where most guys get their accounts due to easy opening. TMB and another Farmers Bank is where I have work accounts and they require more documents (hard for a tourist / visitor to open up).

For me it is easy to wire money to K Bank. There is a branch at Royal Shopping center on the second floor that I took my passport and funds and opened up. I used the hotel name back then and never had an issue. I use on line banking and such to check account balances and transactions. Very easy to use and the ladies at the branch are great in helping you set it up.

If you go a few trips a year or such it is nice to have.

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

kasikorn its green bank and they have a big branch on Pattaya Central Rd between 2nd RD and Soi Bukaw

Thanks, this is the bank information I was looking for.

Do they often send important post to your address? The reason why I am asking is because I will be staying for more than 3 months in Thailand but will moving around a lot and will not have a permanent address for any really long time.

How much is the service fee that they charge for the account?

I know it cost 350 bath to open the account but do they charge extra for i.e. online banking, bank account...I am just trying to see what is best payable.

Thanks so much.

I've never had a fee at K bank, I have never had a postal item to the hotel or apartment. They get JUNK mail in my name at the hotel after opening but that is it. I do keep a minimum of 50,000 baht in the account at all times. Not sure of the rules but I look on line, do online banking and other stuff and never have a fee...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

IIRC KSB fees for normal account with ATM card are 100THB/year if minimum balance 2000THB.

I also have internet banking setup and a virtual visa card in case I need to make online purchases.