IGNORED

sweating a lot

frogger

I knew that alcohol makes me sweat more but I didn't realise how much until this last trip. If I had not had been drinking the night before I could come out of the hotel and walk around for hours without generating a bead of sweat. Atfer a night on the beers, well... ten minutes down the road and I really noticed it.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogger

• Slacker

• mufdi

• pattaya.fan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

try to avoid using the air-con too much, get the body used to the heat

avoid cotton type t-shirts, the fabric in shirts can make a big differance..

also cold showers are nice, but just make things worse

I beg to differ regarding the cold showers. I find they cool the body temerature down considerably and reduce the levels of sweating, the same refreshing experience you have after a swim in the sea or a pool in hot climates.

I distinctly remember one evening my friend and I were about to go out for the evening and we had arranged to meet in the lobby of our hotel. My friend duly appeared looking well scrubbed but sweating excessively and complaining of the heat. I immediately asked him if he had just had a hot shower to which he replied in the affirmative. I, on the other hand had had a cold shower and felt relatively cool and the pores of my skin were closed.

If not cotton what fabric would you advise the OP to wear in a tropical climate such as that in Pattaya?

For under the arms use a product called Drysol/Driclor (use can use on the hands and feet too).

You a apply at night when you go to bed every few days, then gradually decrease the application.

Its a little unconfortable at night but you get use to it.

Now I apply it once a month and need no other deodorant and I am bone dry.

I use a spray deo with it purely for fragrance.

• 2 weeks later...

The stronger aluminum based products (Drysol/CertainDri) are effective if used correctly and regularly. For localized sweating (ie armpits) the most effective solution is Botox. I had this done a few years ago in Bangkok; it took about 45 minutes for 30-40 injections per arm. Not incredibly painful but you'll sure be happy when they're finished just the same. Dried me up for 9 months. I haven't had too much trouble lately but if it become a problem I will get injected again. If I remember correctly it was around b12,000 which I was happy to pay for 9 months of peace.

• 6 months later...

I have read that sage tea works wonders and can reduce sweating by up to 50%. A cup in the morning and a cup at night is the recommended dose. I have just ordered some off the net. Hope it works for my upcoming trip. Would be interesting to see if this is true or not.

I do like the thais, use plenty of Johnssons babypowder on my body before going out. Its great because it absorbs moisture and it smells nice too. In addition to a dry deoderant ofcourse. Girls love the smell of babypowder so win win for sure!

Some people are just naturally sweaty basterds whether Fit, unfit, fat or not.

The Thais dont really minds as long as you don't stink. They see it as a sign of strength if you are partial to a bit of leakage.

Have you ever noticed HM is sweating in alot of his pictures?

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

I'm sure I read somewhere you sweat less if you eat hot/spicy food.

It will make you sweat more...the evaporation of the sweat might make you feel cooler. However, most Westerners smell very different to Asians - a combination of diet and markedly more apocrine glands than Asians (apocrine glands are the kind that make you stink) - so if you sweat freely, beware. Sweat is also a way of expelling toxins, so lifestyle will affect the quantity and type of sweat you produce. You may alleviate some symptoms by avoiding red meat, fatty foods, fried foods, refined sugars, and overly processed foods - others have mentioned excessive alcohol.

At the end of the day though Thailand is pretty hot all year round and if, as the OP states, you are overweight you will be prone to sweating.

OP, I sweat a lot too and here's what I've done in LOS to help me sweat less.

1. Right before you finish your shower, turn on the cold water all the way up and stand in it as long as you can but at least for 1 full minute. The cold water will make your body temp drop.

2. Drink as much water as you can, the colder the better. And try your best to avoid alcohol at the bars. I used to drink a lot at bars, but I switched to bottled water at every bar and I felt a lot cooler.

3. Wear white colored shirts. White will evaporate the heat quicker than dark colored shirts and if you sweat wearing white, it won't be as obvious as wearing a red shirt with huge armpit stains on them.

4. Buy a bunch of the wet napkins that they sell in the freezer at 7-11 and keep 2-3 of them in a ziploc bag in your pocket. It really helps when you're walking and starting to sweat.

5. When you sit at an outdoor beer bar, try your best to sit right under where one of the fans are blowing.

Hope at least some of those tips can help you out.

Is there anything i can do to stop excesive sweating please. and im fat

drink lots and lots of water and stay out of the sun.

When I am in Pattaya, during the day stick to water and don't walk in the sun all the time, I hardly break out in a sweat just got to pee a bit more.

Sweating is a natural way for your body to cool down.

And drinking alcohol during the day will just make you sweat even harder.

Light meal, the right clothing, good body shape, less fat, drinking water.... have all been mentioned but it's pretty normal that you will sweat as your body isn't used to this kind of climate. I always sweat a lot on the first days of my trips but after a few days this stops. When you stay for longer periods the sweating will reduce as your body is adapted to the climate. At least that is for my body, as after living 6 weeks in thailand my body didn't sweat no more as in Belgium summer. But i have also seen expats who keep sweating even after 5 years of living in LOS!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

my body mass is such that it generates heat. Muscle will do that just as much as fat.

Muscle creates a lot more heat than fat, but fat provides insulation. So a fit guy with relatively high fat percentage should suffer most from heat.

The trick in the tropics is to slow down. Move slowly, avoid the sun, wear light breathable clothing. The more skin you expose, the more sweat evaporates, the more you cool down. Sweating is the body's mechanism to loose heat, when it's truly hot it can't be avoided.

I use Drysol/Driclor...a roll on. You apply it at night and slowly decrease the application over time.

I need only to apply once every two months and no need for any deodorant at all, except for fragrance.

Takes some getting used to though, it itches like hell the first few applications.

Maaaaan, I forgot how hot Thailand is at this time of year! Last week I arrived in Bangkok and decided to get some supplies from the 7-11. It was only a few minutes walk from the hotel but by the time I got to the store I was covered in sweat! I think your body soon gets used to it, but like others have said, loose fitting clothing helps a great deal. Also if you do sweat a lot make sure you drink lots of water to replenish the water your body is losing. Another way of keeping cool is stopping off at the nearest bar as soon as you get hot!

• 4 weeks later...

Excessive alcohol intake is most probably the key factor to this.

I've cut down dramatically how much I drink now and the results are that I sweat far less now.

On my previous visits i have over done it and the sweating got to the stage where I just could not keep cool.

Definitely agree on keeping the air con at a higher temp, or not at all but just use a fan, this will help you get used to the heat and your body will not go into shock from one extreme temp to another.

This year I've been relatively cool - I've been very careful not to drink too much of anything, even water. I don't mean dehydrate, but a small bottle of water doesn't need to be guzzled down in 20 seconds either. I think I drink 2 bottles a day, keep a loose fitting shirt on or a polo and I'm pretty good right now.

Visit a sauna a few times a week.

You are coming from England to a hot humid climate. I come from Perth and it is often hotter than Thailand. If we could lose weight, tone our bodies and get younger we bloody well would but the fact is that all takes a major lifestyle change and it is not easy.

My advice is to learn to live with it.

I always get a spare room key so I can go out and leave the card in the wall to keep the air-conditioning on. Nothing is worse than sweating all over a young girl... I always shower before a shag and don't rush into things. Walking back into a cold hotel room and having a shower and talc and smelly stuff makes a much more pleasant experience.

On a hot day I don't rush around but will still get sweaty. I pick a beer bar with lots of air and sit under a fan but my shirt is nearly always wet. I will carry a back pack and a spare t/shirt or singlet. In the evening I move from one air-conditioned go go to the next. When I get inside I will often stand at the bar rather than sit where I am told. There is always one spot where the aircon is best...find it and stake a claim.

I buy t'shirts for 200 baht in Pattaya andI get one size bigger than I need,,, this helps to stay cool too.

Remember you are not alone ...we all sweat...worse time is after spicy food but i love it so gotta put up with it..

Good luck when you get there

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Try dry claw deodorant u can get it boots meant to be excellent one of my friends uses it coz he sweats loads under his arms and since he has used it never had no problems it's meant to be quite expensive but does the job

I used anhydrol forte two trips ago, it is similar to dryclor and works very well. Only downside is that it itches a lot.

When you come to LOS - use the air-con to get climatised. Then try to use it as little as possible, the celling-fan will surfice after a will.

Use a powder called "Prickley Heat" and see how much you can freeze at 36°C. :Cool3:

Please be kind to all members - "like" posts that are helpful!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Its mostly me big fathead thats sweats like a sweaty person, LOL....I feel bad walking in to every bar with my head melting. Thank for the advice so far :001_Thank_You5:

...Use a powder called "Prickley Heat" and see how much you can freeze at 36°C.

Just don't coat your nuts, like I did first time ! :o

Edited by Slacker