IGNORED

What are you cooking today?

Today we had Tom Kha Gai and I would like to show you some pictures (taken with a Canon 5D + 50mm f1.4, if anybody cares :-) )

If such a thread is unwanted, I apologize in advance

IMG_8501.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

Edited by mufdi

That's one of my favourites, you can get Tom Khaa paste in many oriental supermarkets and it nearly always come out well. Aroy, aroy!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Do you deliver? :D

I don't think they do liver. :LMFO:

Everybody can join the thread. Take some pictures and post them here :-)

I love food pictures:-)

Tonight I am going to grill on a medium heat some succulent sausages for 10 - 12 minutes and microwave then mash some melt in your mouth potatoes.

This follows my delicious 3 slices of french toast for lunch.

I also indulged in a jaffa cake bar for an afternoon snack which was quite the tasty treat.

• Like 2

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

Aroy, aroy!

You sound like one of those bloody commercials! :D

You sound like one of those bloody commercials! :D

You sussed me!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I was thinking of getting the same lens for my 40D but it's then no longer a 50mm due to the cropped sensor factor.

Nice pictures though.

Now that looks delicious. Tom Kha Gai is one of my favourites. Any chance you could post the recipe you used?

TIA

Mark

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

Now that looks delicious. Tom Kha Gai is one of my favourites. Any chance you could post the recipe you used?

TIA

Mark

I will try it in english :-)

take 250ml Chicken stock and mix it with a can of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of fish sauce.

Cut 4 stalks of lemongrass in pieces and smash them a little with the back of the knife and throw it into the stock and milk.

Add 8 lime leaves ((Bai Magrood), some peppers and 2 inches of galangal cut into slices.

Cook everything for 10 minutes.

Now add 1/2 ponunds of chopped fresh mushrooms and one pound of sliced chicken brest.

Cook 5 more minutes at low temperature.

Now add another can of coconut milk, the juice of two limes and a bunch of scallions.

Boil it up and add some sugar, salt and if you like some coriander. Now it is ready :-)... do not eat the lemongrass, the lime leaves and the galangal, you have to pick them out before eating

Looks good. Just knocked up a Thai curry myself, unfortunately too late to take photos now as all gone. I did a Thai cookery course a couple of trips back, good experience and tempted to do another one next time round.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

No more food topics please as I'm bloody starving now.

Where do you do thai cooking courses?

• 4 weeks later...

If I cook by myself I pretty much just cook thai food now, once you get used to food stinging the roof of your mouth with flavour it's hard to go back, not only do I prefer it to potatoes and X but the savings you make are pretty amazing as a big sack of rice is cheap as and not to mention how quick things are to make.

10046_1795368924_big.jpeg

kow pad gai - friend chicken rice thai style.

Just need some rice (ideally cooked the day before or a few hours before), chicken, olive oil, nam plaa (fish sauce(don't worry it doesn't taste like fish and smells good once heated)), garlic, onions, soi sauce, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juicea pinch of sugar and some other veg if you feel like it.

Cook the chicken, then add the veg and other stuff,

mix, simmer for a couple minutes, add the tomatoes,

move the rice to one side of the wok and open an egg in the center, mix it till cook and then mix the rice with it OR wait till after you serve the rice and fry an egg which should take under 30 seconds.

serve with some cucumber and/or spring onion with some lime juice on the top and/or some chilli powder, so simple and quick (under 5 minutes) and aroi mak.

the problem with a lot of the recipes on places like: http://www.thaitable.com/

is that here in the UK a lot of the ingredients are either hard to find unless you know a good oriental supermarket (or chinese one) or the fact that a lot of the fresh ingredients do not taste the same here after they've been imported or canned. I found you can't really go wrong with kow pad (fried rice), gai che ow (thai omellete) and green curry can be ok if you get the right paste.

Edited by herds

• 3 months later...

I will try it in english :-)

...do not eat the lemongrass, the lime leaves and the galangal, you have to pick them out before eating

Oh No, don't say that please - I love the Galangal bits & find it really clears my sinuses!

• 12 years later...
2 hours ago, cregwillis said:

Any new good recipes?

He's obviously been cooking the same for 13 years :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Recipes change all the time; some new ingredients become more or less popular, and new methods of cooking are invented. There are a lot of different cookers available these days, which do the job for you (almost). As for me, I really enjoy making some of my foods on an open fire outside. I love cooking in the carbon steel wok pan, mostly veggies and meat, and adding different spices