Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

West Australian BM's - Cheap Flights to BKK Out Of Perth

Highlander

Air Asia have cheap flights to Bkk with change out of $500 return inc taxes.

Only pain in the arse is you have to fly from Perth into KL then KL to Bkk and it is classed as 2 different flights so you would have to pick up luggage at KL and check in again for the Bkk leg of the journey.

I have done it twice and have no problems at all.

Probably the best way to do it is to take the 23:30 out of perth getting you into KL at 05:10 then get the 08:10 out of KL landing at Bkk at 09:30.

The reason why I say it is the better way to go is that when you arrive at Bkk on the other flight you get into Bkk at 16:40 so by the time you get out of the airport, get your taxi it is 19:00 so too late and too tiring to get on the sauce. I did it last time and it would have been better taking the flights I suggested as you gain some extra time by leaving Perth 6 hours earlier and you can grab a couple of hours sleep before hitting the Soi's.

I hope this is useful to the WA guys, if any other budget airlines have any other deals, I will add them to this thread.

Thanks Mate...I'm from Sydney and I checked Air Asia but I did not see any flights for Air Asia to Australia.

BUT the flights you mentioned sound exactly like the flights I am getting with Malaysia Air. Unless they are the same company anyway.

I did like that you arrived at BKK in the morning. Plenty of time get settled in for the day and get ready for the first night. :)

I arrive 28th Sept...only 2 months and 2 days to go. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Air Asia have cheap flights to Bkk with change out of $500 return inc taxes.

Only pain in the arse is you have to fly from Perth into KL then KL to Bkk and it is classed as 2 different flights so you would have to pick up luggage at KL and check in again for the Bkk leg of the journey.

I have done it twice and have no problems at all.

Probably the best way to do it is to take the 23:30 out of perth getting you into KL at 05:10 then get the 08:10 out of KL landing at Bkk at 09:30.

The reason why I say it is the better way to go is that when you arrive at Bkk on the other flight you get into Bkk at 16:40 so by the time you get out of the airport, get your taxi it is 19:00 so too late and too tiring to get on the sauce. I did it last time and it would have been better taking the flights I suggested as you gain some extra time by leaving Perth 6 hours earlier and you can grab a couple of hours sleep before hitting the Soi's.

I hope this is useful to the WA guys, if any other budget airlines have any other deals, I will add them to this thread.

Been there done that and never again, too unreliable, uncomfortable and unhelpful staff.

But hope your trip is ok

Thanks Mate...I'm from Sydney and I checked Air Asia but I did not see any flights for Air Asia to Australia.

BUT the flights you mentioned sound exactly like the flights I am getting with Malaysia Air. Unless they are the same company anyway.

I did like that you arrived at BKK in the morning. Plenty of time get settled in for the day and get ready for the first night. :)

I arrive 28th Sept...only 2 months and 2 days to go. :)

Yes buddy, unfortunately they only fly out of Perth, Melbourne and the Gold Coast (Coolangatta Airport) and as I mentioned, you have to class it as 2 flights Per - KL then KL - BKK.

Jet Star fly out of Sydney (via Melb) to Bkk, at the moment it would cost you about $900 to fly but I am sure they have sales on (I have signed up for the Air Asia and Jet Star email deals)

I thought Perth would be the last to get the cheap deals but for a change we get it.

On the bright side Air Asia are planning to fly out of Sydney to KL which was supposed to have started the 1st of this Month (see link below) but they have been previously put off the idea by Sydney's steep Airport fees.

Air Asia Link

Hope it all works out for you mate.

Edited by Highlander

Been there done that and never again, too unreliable, uncomfortable and unhelpful staff.

But hope your trip is ok

Sorry to hear that mate, I had no issues but I have heard of a few that have.

I suppose every Airline will give you the shits every now and than, even Thai pissed me off the last time I flew with them they cut me off from Bourbon after my 4th one and asked me if I always drink that much? I was stone cold sober and simply replied, "yes I do and if I was on my 15th one I wouldn't care but up to you you're the cabin crew"

I suppose they are used to two pot Screamers so not worth making a fuss on my way to LOS.

Have a good one mate

Hi Highlander

Deal with Jetstar leave September just after midnite Perth via Singapore into Bangkok at 0845 next morning $593 inclusive all taxes total time less than 8 hrs probably less than a hundred dollars more but much more convienent have used them 6 times when not flying Thai and much more convienent than getting in at midnite plus with Thai

Air asia also have the sleeper beds now for a few dollars more kip on the plane

Cheers

Grumps

Hi Highlander

Deal with Jetstar leave September just after midnite Perth via Singapore into Bangkok at 0845 next morning $593 inclusive all taxes total time less than 8 hrs probably less than a hundred dollars more but much more convienent have used them 6 times when not flying Thai and much more convienent than getting in at midnite plus with Thai

Cheers

Grumps

Hi Grumps,

Thanks for the update, I will try to keep an eye out on their website

perth to bangkok 8000 baht round trip.

http://isaanair.com/

Hi TNMA,

I cannot find a booking page on Isaan air on that page, is there something I am doing wrong buddy?

Cheers

Hi TNMA,

I cannot find a booking page on Isaan air on that page, is there something I am doing wrong buddy?

Cheers

That website is a piss take mate.

That website is a piss take mate.

It does look that way, or at least a website that has been abandoned

I thought it was too good to be true considering the Perth Airport site has no listings of Isaan Air as a customer airline

Hi guys below is comment from another forum

mate,

who ever done this is brilliant as the amount of work they put in to it is awesome.

but to answer your question, its not real.

sorry

cheers

Hi Highlander

Cheers

Grumps

In addition to this, if you fly Perth to Bangkok (Via Singapore) on Jetstar, your bags are checked through from Perth to Bangkok and you receive both boarding passes in Perth, just go to the gate in Singapore. No need to clear customs in SIN or recheck.

Flying Tiger Airways on the same route involves Clearing customs/imm and rechecking in SIN, as it a point to point airline.

Regards

Ozskin

In addition to this, if you fly Perth to Bangkok (Via Singapore) on Jetstar, your bags are checked through from Perth to Bangkok and you receive both boarding passes in Perth, just go to the gate in Singapore. No need to clear customs in SIN or recheck.

Flying Tiger Airways on the same route involves Clearing customs/imm and rechecking in SIN, as it a point to point airline.

Regards

Ozskin

So true its just more convienent and gets you int Patts about 10am so I gain a full day plus a chance of a sleep befor the night begins

malaysian are also offering cheap full service out of perth at the momenti got one way 4323aussie pretty happy with that only thing they didnt have those preety red dress'es

• 1 year later...

Has anyone been able to purchase Tiger flights with an Australian Master or Visa card ? Getting error messages at the moment, may be something to do with the Australia wide ban at the moment ?

Has anyone been able to purchase Tiger flights with an Australian Master or Visa card ? Getting error messages at the moment, may be something to do with the Australia wide ban at the moment ?

you can do it,,,but you need a "secureCard" on your Master card. It is easier to ring the call centre and book or better still get the price on line and then ring Jetstar call centre to get their 10% price beat guarantee. Jet star will save you money and they transit though Singapore. Tiger make you collect luggage and recheck in

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Hi guys below is comment from another forum

mate,

who ever done this is brilliant as the amount of work they put in to it is awesome.

but to answer your question, its not real.

sorry

cheers

"isaanair.com" that's a good one. Out of the 3 big budgets - AirAsia, Tiger, Jetstar - I prefer Jetstar.

you can do it,,,but you need a "secureCard" on your Master card. It is easier to ring the call centre and book or better still get the price on line and then ring Jetstar call centre to get their 10% price beat guarantee. Jet star will save you money and they transit though Singapore. Tiger make you collect luggage and recheck in

From Jetstar's website;

If you find a published internet airfare on another airline that is lower than the lowest available comparable Jetstar fare on Jetstar.com, call us to book with Jetstar and we will beat the other airline’s fare by 10% (provided we can verify the lower fare when you call to book). The comparable fare must be for a one way direct flight on the same route at a comparable time.

My route would not be direct, as it would include a Singapore stop over, although the exact same route for both airlines.

Has anyone been able to try this with Jetstar ?

Regards

Ozskin

Furthermore Jetstar go through Changi International, which is heaps better than those low budget airports in S'pore and KL that Tiger and Air Asia use.

Highlander,

I've been researching flights from Perth to BKK and I can't find anything near that price from Air Asia or Jetstar. Only one that comes close is Tiger, Air asia and Jetstar are about the $800+ mark but Tiger is about $550. Are these fares only on certain days or something? Are they through the Air Asia online booking? If I can get over there for that price I'm not living in Perth anymore...anyone want to rent a house...8)

Yes I have flown using Jetstar price beat guarantee.

Once I was quoted the "direct flight oneway ruling" and I just booked 4 flights..Still got my discount, still got my transit through Singapore and saved heaps of money.

Of course you need to factor the extras like $5 per leg for seat allocation and $14 per leg for luggage and I pay extra for xtra leg room seats but you get the idea...just watch the press and be ready to book when you see the price. Don't mess around because the price can change in an hour.

tiger price.jpg

Jet star price is about $390

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Looking at departing on the 22nd Sept and back on the 28th. Started at $410 two weeks ago but couldn't book with australian card. I think it's now at $580 with Tiger and $1200 with Jetstar.

Let's hope Jetstar can do something?

Looking at departing on the 22nd Sept and back on the 28th. Started at $410 two weeks ago but couldn't book with australian card. I think it's now at $580 with Tiger and $1200 with Jetstar.

Let's hope Jetstar can do something?

It helps to be flexible....Tuesdays are cheaper than the end of the week.

quicksilva.jpg

But even then you can get $522 today. Ring Jetstar and their base fare will be $475 inc taxes. Then the extras if you want them. You do have to ring them for the "Price Beat Guarantee". Can't book on line. An Australian credit card will work at the call centre.

Voltaire