IGNORED

Article about Pattaya in News of the Wold (UK Sunday newspaper)

mousemat

Jack........it's pretty accurate in my opinion. The number about HIV are neither right or wrong because no one knows the actual figures, but i do think it is greatly increased

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darkside Bob

• Tao 66

• Edge

• bellhanger

I wonder if the journos have ever actually experienced these 'facts' first-hand??? ..if not, I put it to them that they are making it up or simply taking the words of others and printing what is said (after all, who knows how many drinks they had to buy 'Gary' for the interview?) I for one have never witnessed some of what they talk about on the streets of pattaya ..I mean manicures chucked in for free? nobody told me about this! I'm booking my flight and getting over there now to get myself one of these beauties ..anyone know if they stretch to the depraved lows of pedicures?? :rolleyes:

Thankfully its in NOTW, so there's fat chance of the misses reading it!

I don't think the rate would be as high as 40%, but I just meant that I would not be at all surprised if it was. I still think it would be at least 10%, probably a lot more. But like you say, even at 10%, its bloody scary! Shag 10 women, and the chances are 1 of them had hiv. And I think we have all shagged ALOT more than 10 women..!

I hate to say this, but can't be the first to think it ..If you'd shagged 9 and No.10 came along with a certifacte confirming she was definately HIV positive ..bona fide ..100% and she said "but it ok I have condom" ..would you still do it?

Life's too short!

I think you guys are making far too big an issue about the Manicure thing. I have had girls cut my toe nails and fingers before. All i did was ask them too. When i read the article that is what i thought the journo, that lived in Thailand BTW, was meaning. As i say. I think he is pretty accurate with his peace.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

Of course I'm being facetious, most of us I'm sure(including myself) barely know Thailand in reality, so of course we learn bits from all these articles from those that live there. Its impossible for any journo to print an article putting much of a gloss on this whole side of life (as much as we would sometimes like them to). I know most of it is based around the truth, but also think its a difficult topic for any female journalist to get involved with. Long live the debate.

Edited by SP1

Life's too short!

It is absolutely impossible for the HIV rat to be anywhere near 40%. If it were cases among visitors would be extraordinarily high, the WHO would be issuing extreme warnings and putting enormous pressure on Thailand to solve the problem.

None of that is happening. I'd be 100 times more concerned with contracting some resistant form of gonorrhea than with HIV.

It is absolutely impossible for the HIV rat to be anywhere near 40%. If it were cases among visitors would be extraordinarily high, the WHO would be issuing extreme warnings and putting enormous pressure on Thailand to solve the problem.

None of that is happening. I'd be 100 times more concerned with contracting some resistant form of gonorrhea than with HIV.

Spot on. HIV rates in the US, Europe and Japan would be sky high amongst men that go to Thailand for holiday if the HIV rate was approaching 20% let alone 40%. Considering many of these girls go bareback and many punters partake, you would have an epidemic of guys bringing HIV back home and infecting their girlfriends or hook ups. Also take into account that the Thai variant of HIV is primarily transmitted through hetero sex so this would theoretically make it even easier to spread.

I'd be interested to know where this news outlet got their figures from.

Spot on. HIV rates in the US, Europe and Japan would be sky high amongst men that go to Thailand for holiday if the HIV rate was approaching 20% let alone 40%. Considering many of these girls go bareback and many punters partake, you would have an epidemic of guys bringing HIV back home and infecting their girlfriends or hook ups. Also take into account that the Thai variant of HIV is primarily transmitted through hetero sex so this would theoretically make it even easier to spread.

I'd be interested to know where this news outlet got their figures from.

"News outlet"

That's an interesting description for that publication. I think a lot of people would consider they just made it up.

As someone once said about TNOTW: Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Edited by bellhanger

Thanks a bunch News of the World...Now My daughter thinks I,m a perv.... lol

That makes 2 of us I think your a nice perv. Good luck with your daughter. Eidoos77. :o:P:o

Im working in Dubai at the moment and the place is coming down with hookers of every nationality (apart from Thais funnily enough) . The going rate is 500- 1000aed which is 4400-8800 baht.

A lot of the girls here were promised jobs, but when they get here, there is no job and their passport is withheld by the people who brought them here. They then have to work in the bars and clubs to pay back their fares and pay for another flight out if they are lucky enough to get their passport back.

Some of the girls have day jobs and do some evening freelancing for the extra cash as their wages are terrible.

The good thing here is that everybody who gets issued a resident visa (work visa) is given an HIV test. Anybody testing positive is put into the cells until they are flown out.

Im surprised these papers still write up these stories about Thailand as its soo long in the tooth and old news.

I suppose the hypocrites who read this stuff and bag the men who go to Thailand are God loving church going pillars of society....NOT.

LOS. Gotta Love It.

I don't know where this classifies, either trafficing or enslavement. When ever my wife came to Pattaya about 12-13 years ago. She had to sign a 5 year contract, wasn't allowed to leave the bar for st's, only for shopping etc, and with a time limit. Got paid tips once a month and salary once a year. And this a bar downtown around Soi Post office. I don't think they still do that though.

You hear and read about arrest here in Pattaya where laies are supplying under age kids to men, that's bad.

Chalee

A wise man once told me to ignore anything that comes out of a woman's mouth, unless it needs wiping and putting back in your pants.
You might see me tonight with an illegal smile, it doesn't cost very much and it last a long while ............ John Prine

You can't fix stupid

I'm a man of many things, but Character is not one of my attributes.

Happiness - Everyone brings some,  some by coming, others by going.

No use wanting what you can't get

Quit Hollering at me, I  heard you the first time you don't have to tell the neighbors, a little silence ain't no sin , they already know my name is where the hell have you been,

Project Whores

I suppose we shall now see an influx of young NOTW readers. That will be nice.

Things could be worse I guess. The article could have been published by The Mail.

Yes if it had been the mail, then:

"Major Disgusted" retd.

Turnbridge Wells.

Would of been turning up in Regimental blazer, et al.

But, it wiz Noos Ov Ta Woid. Then:

Dareel and Fankee,

Fae Livee-pull

Will still be coming, ere we go?

Abjetc apology to any Darrel and Frank's from Liverpool. All in jest

5555 5555 5555

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thought you guys may be interested in this article that was published in today's News of the world magazine, which is aimed at women.

For those of you who are not familiar with the News of the world, its the UK's top selling Sunday tabloid newspaper.

I have cut and pasted the article below but should you want to view the actual web page with pictures etc, then click on the link at the bottom of the page

Young, British and buying sex abroad

The Thai sex trade is driven by overweight, unattractive, middle-aged divorcees, right? Wrong. A Fabulous investigation reveals it’s now 20-something Brits paying for sex

By Eimear O’Hagan & Andrew Drummond in Pattaya, 25/07/2010

Nick and Gary are on a boys-only holiday with a difference. Their girlfriends think they're on a golfing trip, when in fact they have come to Thailand solely to have sex with prostitutes.

The young men, both 21 and chefs, are in the beach resort of Pattaya for the first time on a two-week break. Good-looking, with decent jobs and gorgeous girlfriends at home, they are not the sort of guys you expect to see paying for sex on the seedy streets of Thailand. But in the 24 hours since they landed, they've already handed over cash to two prostitutes.

Unashamedly, they compare it to trying to secure a one-night stand. While they might buy girls drinks all night only to get blown out in Tenerife, here they know if they fork out money, they're guaranteed sex at the end of the night.

"I wouldn't go to a prostitute in the UK - they spend their cash on drugs and I wouldn't want to fund their habit," Gary says. "It's different here."

Both men seem oblivious to the idea that these women are being forced by poverty and pimps to sell their bodies.

"Here the girls send money back to their families in their villages. They're doing a good thing," Gary says. "They're so nice and sweet, it's easy to forget what they are."

As they head into a bar, wallets bulging with Thai bhat, girls swarm around them. It's clear the new sleazy sex tourists are more likely to be your boyfriend, your husband, your brother or even your son.

Despite prostitution being illegal, the country's sex industry's annual turnover is estimated at $4.3billion - making a significant contribution to the country's economy. Which perhaps explains why the law is so easily flouted. Sex here is incredibly cheap, too. A guy will pay just £5 for a sexual act, or anything up to £50 to spend the whole evening with a girl.

Whether they're graduates on their gap year or groups of lads on their annual holiday, young British sex hunters are joining the 500,000 men flocking to the country every year in search of cheap thrills with poor girls.

But while the go-go bars are glitzy and the women beautiful, the industry has a dark underbelly. Many of the women working in the bars have been trafficked across the country and forced into selling sex. Of the estimated 50,000 prostitutes working in Pattaya, a notorious hot spot just two hours from Bangkok, a staggering 40 per cent are believed to be HIV-positive.

Capitalising on the burgeoning sex trade, the prostitutes - many of whom appear to be very young, despite the legal age for sex workers being 18 - are forced by pimps, poverty and desperation to go to extremes to extricate money from their punters. It's not just sex they're offering to sell, but love and the promise of a happy-ever-after, too. Perhaps driven by the fact that bagging a Brit is often their only escape plan.

To help them make more money, the girls have recently started using a phrasebook entitled Get Rich Quick For Thai Bar Girls. The book teaches them how to say: "You're the man of my dreams," followed by: "My brother needs books for school," or: "I've got toothache and can't afford to get treatment."

In fact, the prostitute experience in Thailand is becoming blurred, with many men buying a 'girlfriend', taking them to their hotel for the entire holiday and paying for their services. Some arrange to meet the same prostitutes on a return trip. They email and maintain a cyber relationship once they return home.

Western male tourists have exploited these women for years, and now the need for more prostitutes to meet demand means ever-younger girls are being brought into the industry. They're encouraged to have unprotected sex in return for more money from punters with no regard for their health, or that of the men's unsuspecting British girlfriends back home.

Rachel Davies, prostitution and trafficking officer at CARE, a charity working to end prostitution, says there are several reasons why young British men have started travelling to Thailand for sex.

"Thai women won't seem anything like their girlfriends, so it's easier for them to be treated in a way that these lads would never dream of doing in the UK. When young men are away from their jobs and their families, they feel comfortable doing things that they'd never consider doing at home," she says. "In Thailand, there's an element of disassociation."

That's certainly the case for Nick and Gary - they're already planning their next sex holiday to Pattaya. No doubt Nick will tell his girlfriend it's another golfing trip. She's at home in Huddersfield, blissfully unaware of his holiday antics. "She doesn't need to know," he admits. "What happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand."

where sex sells

It's 2am on Walking Street in Pattaya, Thailand. The neon-drenched 1,000-metre strip of go-go bars, massage parlours and discos is heaving.

Young Thai girls in lacy bikinis and miniscule miniskirts or PVC hot pants strut up and down, touting for business from the throngs of Western tourists.

"I'll be your girlfriend," they shout, as men paw and grope their exposed flesh.

Flashing signs scream sex and strip shows, all on tap for less than a round of drinks. For 400 baht (£9) men can take a girl out of the bar she works in, then negotiate the fee for 'extras'.

The girls charge between just £5 and £50 for a night, bizarrely throwing in a manicure for free. And no, that's not code for anything else

At a bar on Beach Road, 24-year-old Em (pictured below), from Udon Thani near the Laos-Thailand border, dances and smiles from 2pm to 4am every day, waiting for a customer to pay to have sex with her.

Her Thai husband left her after she gave birth to twin boys, who are now four years old, so she works as a prostitute to support them while her parents care for the children at home in their village.

They know how she earns the money she sends to them every month. She's not the only girl from her village to have turned to prostitution - it's simply not spoken about.

Em says she'd like a farang (a foreign husband) of any age, as long as he is jai dee (has a good heart) to care for her and her sons.

She laughs and jokes, but when asked about the young men who've started to come to the bar, she begins to cry.

"They just want sex," she weeps. "They want it quickly, and they don't take me to nice places. They just want as many girls as they can. We don't mean anything to them."

Back on Walking Street, 19-year-old Ling from Sisaket, north-east Thailand, has been working at a bar for three months. She sends home around £100 a month to pay for her eight-year-old sister to go to school.

"The men here have changed," she says. "It used to only be middle-aged or old men coming for sex, but now more and more younger men are, too."

Ling explains that while they're easier on the eye, many girls actually prefer the older clients.

"With young men, it's non-stop boom boom," she frowns. "Old men are better. They're not as demanding."

'Thai girls left me broke'

Justin Dunn, 40, a PR from Liverpool, says:

"There's no denying Thailand's a beautiful and exciting place, but behind the flashing neon, there lies a dark side - rampant STDs, crime and ruthless bar girls only interested in your wallet.

I should know. I went on a lads' holiday to the Thai island of Koh Samui in 2005, and I ended up staying on for 10 months. After losing my job in PR and breaking up with my girlfriend, I wanted some fun, and at first I got it - in spades.

Girls threw themselves at me and I fell for the compliments and the flattery, thinking they genuinely wanted to go out with me. But they were as scheming as hell, fleecing me out of a fortune by claiming they needed money to send back to their sick grandmother, or to fix their bike. One girl even stole £150 from my wallet while I slept, another threatened to cut my penis off if I cheated on her, and pretty much all of them had some gangster connections.

Before long, I was broke and forced to get a bar job to survive. Luckily, I always practised safe sex - but there was one thing a condom couldn't protect me from. The first and only time I ever paid for sex, I ended up back at my bungalow with a gorgeous girl who called herself Nadia.

Just as things were getting hot and heavy, I discovered she was actually a he! Horrified and degraded, I gave him the money and told him to leave.

After 10 months of life in Thailand, I'd had enough. I didn't want to end up like those men you see there - tramps with tans, who've lost all their money to girls. Blokes going over to Thailand need to realise that the girls aren't interested in them. They just want their money - and they'll say or do anything to get it."

'I can have any girl that I want'

Daniel Pirie, 23, is single and an office furniture fitter from Stalybridge, Cheshire. He visits Thailand every year. He says:

"When I go out in Manchester and meet a girl, I have to buy her drinks all night, chat to her and put a lot of effort in. In Thailand, I just click my fingers and any girl I want is mine, for a small price. It's too easy.

I first visited Pattaya in 2006, on a golfing holiday with friends. I knew Thailand had a sex industry, but I had no idea how public and accepted it was. It's so open it feels normal. Everywhere I looked, there were beautiful women. And when I learned you could pick one, pay less than £50 and she was yours for the night, it was too tempting not to. It's cheaper than wining and dining a girl, and she'll definitely sleep with you.

In three weeks, I slept with 15 girls. I was nervous at first, but then I really enjoyed myself. My friends didn't get involved with any of the bar girls, but they all knew what I was up to and didn't mind.

Since then, I've gone back to Thailand every year and have slept with prostitutes every time. My mum thinks I'm there to play golf and have a nice holiday.

On that first trip I met a bar girl called Summer and that year, and for the next two years, I paid her to stay with me for one week at my hotel and be mine exclusively. I knew when I left Thailand she'd sleep with other guys, and that did bother me a bit, but I looked at it like a holiday romance - with a difference.

Last year, she called me and asked for money and I sent her £100. But a month later she called asking for more money and I refused. She was angry and I knew I had to end any contact I had with her. I didn't want to be one of those guys who gets duped into sending all his money to a Thai prostitute.

I think my holidays to Thailand are almost exactly the same as other lads' holidays to places like Magaluf and Ibiza, where they meet girls and sleep with them. The only difference is that I pay the girls I sleep with.

I'm single, and although I've had a few casual relationships in the past, I've never been in one while I've been out in Thailand. And I've never told a girl what I get up to on my blokes-only breaks there - I really don't know how they would react, so I think it's best not to say anything.

I have safe sex so I'm not worried about STDs. If I meet a girl I want to settle down with, I'll stop my holidays to Thailand. But for now, I'm young and enjoying myself."

SOME NAMES HAVE CHANGED TO PROTECT IDENTITY PHOTOGRAPHY: ANDREW CHANT, NIGEL HILLIER, NI SYNDICATION

Actual link for article

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulous/features/886238/Young-British-and-buying-sex-abroad-The-Thai-sex-trade-is-driven-by-overweight-unattractive-middle-aged-divorcees-right-Wrong-A-Fabulous-investigation-reveals-itrsquos-now-20-something-Brits-paying-for-sex.html

Where do these news WHORES get their statistics, made up of course. The writers are such liers that they should be banded from writing. 40% have HIV what a load of crap. Pimps and trafficing how in the hell would they know unless these made up jocks were hiring girls for sex even though I doubt it as they sound like little girls themselfs. All this crap they spew about the Thai girls is just nonsense and should be treated as such. I really would like to see someone do a real story about Thailand and the girls. What business is it of yours what type of person comes to Thailand for holidays, why don't you write about the corruption, prostitution and criminality in your on country and leave Thailand alone. You are just creeps without a moral compass who are looking to justify your sorry existance.

Thanks a bunch News of the World...Now My daughter thinks I,m a perv.... lol

my daughter thought the article was so funny she wants to come and see what all the fuss is about lol :Circle_Sharks:

have the thai tourist board targeted a younger market?young blokes with more disposable income.or maybe durex co.need a sales boost.the power of the tabloid.

Gawd, the usual cliches in this article.

Thai women being "exploited" and being forced from poverty and pimps and all of that to work the bars.

Some things never change.

I do agree though that some punters do have no regard for some of the bar girls and would do things they wouldn't do back in their homes, barebacking, etc. etc.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

No

Then stop producing unsubstantiated allegations about things you obviously have no clue about. Your guesses are of no help to anyone.

Tramps with tans - scary - made me think twice about selling up and effin off to the land of smiles. The point about middle-aged British women flocking to Turkey for sex with young men was interesting. I've been to Turkey a couple of times and now realise why the good looking young Turks in the bars were hanging out with unlovely boilers. Why do the British press get so hot under the collar about people enjoying sex on holiday - is it island mentallity, a Victorian attitude to sex, or just plain old jealosy? :Circle_Sharks:

im 23, been to pattaya 2 times, and only paid for sex once, there is more to this beautiful country than the seedy shit, golf the temples etc, bit of a blinkered article to be honest, as for the scouser spending all his money on the bar girls, what an idiot 555

Yeah, right. She has been working for 3 months and already know how it all has been changing.....

Back on Walking Street, 19-year-old Ling from Sisaket, north-east Thailand, has been working at a bar for three months. She sends home around £100 a month to pay for her eight-year-old sister to go to school.

"The men here have changed," she says. "It used to only be middle-aged or old men coming for sex, but now more and more younger men are, too."

This is true. We like boom boom :)...

"With young men, it's non-stop boom boom," she frowns.

'I can have any girl that I want' (a quote from the article)

That's one of the main reasons guys visit Pattays (imo): every guy, no matter what age or looks, can have a girlfriend (-experience) in Pattaya, if you don't mind the "walk of shame" some guys feel and keep in mind she's with you for the money (yes she is) go ahead.. :P treat the girls with respect, be nice to them but keep in mind: it's their job: don't let the girls fool (manipulate) you.

My wife & her sisters tell me (they ran bars themselves) that many girls have Thai "boyfriends" who make them feel good & tell them anything they like to hear-just so long as they keep bringing him the cash. Then he can spend it all night living it up with his mates & not have to do any work for it, ever see all them boys on motorcycles waiting near bars? These guy's are the nearest to pimps the bar girls will see. But it's not just bar girls who'll do a short time, very many 'employed' girls will do it too..& could rip you off just as bad as the worst bar girl would. My wife's eldest sister has run her own bars now for over 20 years in Pattaya so she knows what she's talking about. Also she say's all bars have for many years handed out free condoms to the girls, the bars get them for free from the local govenment officer.

Swagman

• 2 weeks later...

Where is it full of drivel? Seems to be about 80-90% accurate to me

Where did they find chicks at GBP 5 or THB 250 ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this was an interesting article with more truth than the ordinary crap about the P4P industry. However, the big problem is that all "journalists" take a negative position even before they starts writing, they can never see anything good about "exploiting poor girls" as its described. This article tries to give a new perspective on the guys that travel to Pattaya instead of confirming the myth that old ugly bad child abusing men is the typical man going to LOS. But still, the conclusion is that "its a very bad thing".... and the evidence is presented as 40% HIV rate, trafficking, and interviewed guys that have lost their jobs and by accident barfined a ladyboy. And its interesting that the article start off by explaining that young men are the ones comming to Pattaya now instead of the ugly bastards... but in the end of the artice the girls are of course horrorfied by this fact because the ugly old ones was much better to them.

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...