Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chaiyapoon Inn

hunterhunter

I just stayed 10 days there - excellent. Rooms are very nice & clean, staff charming. I could use the Wi-Fi Internet downstairs for free and paid just 550 Baht per night. The website is : www.soichaiyapoon.com

Also on soi chaiyapoon you have my local bar Maggie Mays, an air con bar where all bottled beers are 45 baht between midday and 6pm and 60 baht after 6. Also John Smiths and Guiness 150 baht a pint all day/night, a good bar, no working girls but normaly a good crowd in there, would highly recomend it for a hassle free relaxing cheap drink.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

• 3 weeks later...

why downstairs ?

why downstairs ?

I did not bring my laptop so I used theirs in the coffee shop downstairs.

IMG_9280_1.JPG

pic above from room, this from coffee shop

Thanks for info.

What is hotel policy on guests?

They not charge extra if u bring a girl back !

IMG_9290_2.JPG

pic above from room, this from coffee shop

They not charge extra if u bring a girl back !

Cool... thanks !

I dont think there is quiet place , is there , how is noisy voices there ?

How far is it from Walking Street and Beach Road?

Close to any shops? What is the transportation like? I think I will book anyway.

Soi Chaiyapoon is between Soi Bukaow and 3rd road so its a fair old distance from WS and Beach Road.

I eat there a lot at the K-Noy as I love their Bradford Curries once in a while.

I know my next statement will be contentious and maybe even insulting but I assure you that is not the intention.

Soi Chaiyapoon has a reputation (deserved in my view) of being a real low life soi. There are many 190 baht per night hotels - mainly catering for Thai weekenders and a fair few Thai Karaokes too. You can see some real dregs of (farang) society there it has to be said.

I am sure there are nice guys and nice bars - but overall its not going to give you a good Pattaya Experience unless you are on a VERY tight budget.

Soi LK Metro is spitting distance but worlds apart - you could get much better rooms there from about 650 a night.

OK I am going to get my tin hat and duck behind the wall.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Soi Chaiyapoon is between Soi Bukaow and 3rd road so its a fair old distance from WS and Beach Road.

I eat there a lot at the K-Noy as I love their Bradford Curries once in a while.

I know my next statement will be contentious and maybe even insulting but I assure you that is not the intention.

Soi Chaiyapoon has a reputation (deserved in my view) of being a real low life soi. There are many 190 baht per night hotels - mainly catering for Thai weekenders and a fair few Thai Karaokes too. You can see some real dregs of (farang) society there it has to be said.

I am sure there are nice guys and nice bars - but overall its not going to give you a good Pattaya Experience unless you are on a VERY tight budget.

Soi LK Metro is spitting distance but worlds apart - you could get much better rooms there from about 650 a night.

Hmm, I made an enquiry with these people but your comment seems to put me off now. I am still a bit green when it comes to hotel and location.

I would be scared to walk down that Soi if the reputation is deserved.

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

Hmm, I made an enquiry with these people but your comment seems to put me off now. I am still a bit green when it comes to hotel and location.

I would be scared to walk down that Soi if the reputation is deserved.

I STRESS my post is a mix of personal opinion and "reputation" which can often be misguided. I know a few BMs who have had great times there when on a budget.

It can be great fun there - a lot of the BGs "live" there so you can mix with them out of work.

Bryan can give you first hand info on this Soi I think.

Unless you are on a tight budget my "advice" would be that its not a good choice for your first stay - perhaps later when you know your way round a bit more.

If you want a cheap(ish) room check out the Rockhouse thread in the Business Owners section. I should also add tho that the owner there is a personal friend so mine before someone accuses me of (underhand) bias.

BTW - there is no need to be "scared" - its no more dangerous than a lot of places and you must keep your wits about and exercise common sense everywhere in Pattaya.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I STRESS my post is a mix of personal opinion and "reputation" which can often be misguided. I know a few BMs who have had great times there when on a budget.

It can be great fun there - a lot of the BGs "live" there so you can mix with them out of work.

Bryan can give you first hand info on this Soi I think.

Unless you are on a tight budget my "advice" would be that its not a good choice for your first stay - perhaps later when you know your way round a bit more.

If you want a cheap(ish) room check out the Rockhouse thread in the Business Owners section. I should also add tho that the owner there is a personal friend so mine before someone accuses me of (underhand) bias.

BTW - there is no need to be "scared" - its no more dangerous than a lot of places and you must keep your wits about and exercise common sense everywhere in Pattaya.

Thanks for the tip. It is true what you say about keeping your wits about you all the time.

Also, I have read the ROCKHOUSE thread and made some enquiries.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

What a load of bollox, i have drank there for a few years and never heard about this reputation, the soi maybe cheaper than other parts of town but so what. The soi contains Maggie Mays bar, Neeroys restaurant, Crazy Daves, The Seaside 2, Oasis gogo, Big Al's Taco stand and about 20 other bars i don't know the names of.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Since I have never been down that Soi I don't know what to say.

It seems that this place has all I want.

Free WIFI

Cheap

Guest Friendly

Clean

I have sent out an enquiry to several places already. I will choose when I get some feedback.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have just come back from Samui & I am staying at Chaiyapoon Inn again. For 650 Baht the best rooms in Pattaya. Happy to be back from Samui, expensive & most thais there very unfriendly...

HH, I've got reservations at the Chaiyapoon Inn and Pattaya Bay Resort...can't decide which one to choose. Do they have daily Maid service at the Cha Inn? They're both new places but PBR has a pool...

I have just come back from Samui & I am staying at Chaiyapoon Inn again. For 650 Baht the best rooms in Pattaya. Happy to be back from Samui, expensive & most thais there very unfriendly...

Is it opposite Maggie May's & do they have cable TV?

Thanks

Is it opposite Maggie May's & do they have cable TV?

Thanks

Yes all rooms have cable TV & they have all the sports on UBC downstairs.

sounds very good

thanks for the info mate

DON'T EVER NOT FINISH A BOTTLE OF BOURBON AND DON'T EVER TURN DOWN A FREE GO GO GIRL

• 3 weeks later...

well ive just booked 2 weeks at this hotel over the coming christmas period i only booked after hearing only good reviews about this hotel im sure soi chaiyapoom is ok im not the slightest bit bothered about it beeing cheaper as people have mentioned or cheaper farang low lifes look around pattaya there everywhere not all in soi chaiyaopoom

im paying 950 baht a night for a superior room wots cheap about that besides 10 mins walking takes me to soi 7 or 8 or a million taxis to wherever takes my fancy and if loads of bar girls stay in the area wot a bonus im single lol

have a good trip my friend im sure you will werever you stay

Edited by pauljo

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

well ive just booked 2 weeks at this hotel over the coming christmas period i only booked after hearing only good reviews about this hotel im sure soi chaiyapoom is ok im not the slightest bit bothered about it beeing cheaper as people have mentioned or cheaper farang low lifes look around pattaya there everywhere not all in soi chaiyaopoom

im paying 950 baht a night for a superior room wots cheap about that besides 10 mins walking takes me to soi 7 or 8 or a million taxis to wherever takes my fancy and if loads of bar girls stay in the area wot a bonus im single lol

have a good trip my friend im sure you will werever you stay

I just booked the same hotel over Xmas too Paul, we're going to have a fucking riot. :Jump_Drool:

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I just stayed 10 days there - excellent. Rooms are very nice & clean, staff charming. I could use the Wi-Fi Internet downstairs for free and paid just 550 Baht per night. The website is : www.soichaiyapoon.com

Stoping here in xmas at this hotel beacuse the price was ok for that time but having read this and read info of other websites about this hotel it sound a very nice hotel and very close walking to the main hotspots

...You can see some real dregs of (farang) society there it has to be said...

Hey, I resemble that remark, 5555 :Finger4: You betcha that the area around Soi Chaiyapoon is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is really charming in a gritty sort of way. I have been there lots of times, and never felt out of place (Although I did grow up in NJ, so that says something right there). For me, the area is a bit like I'd imagine Patts was like a decade ago. Please everyone, stay away, so that it remains a cheap and (dare I say) despised soi, potholes and all.

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>