IGNORED

overstay

zakooo

i was not able to get a visa in time for a last minute stay so me and the wife arrived with the 30 day on arrival but we will be 4 days over the limit are we okay just to pay a fine at the airport without any comebacks affecting future trips i have been many times but never overstayed before so any advice would be great thanks

Hi,its no problem to pay at the airport,but if you have time just go to immigration in jomtien.

a fee of 1900 baht gets you 7 days or so,then you dont have to woory what happens in the airport

good luck and enjoy your holliday

bitches and hoes

correct me if i am wrong but as the 30 day is not a visa as such i thought you could not get any extension at all

Last year , I had three day over.. Went to Airport,Prepared to pay 500 bahts daily for overstay, Immigrations never charged me at all but told me that next time make sure... You will be grand.. 4 day is nothing..

Chances are 99% you will be fine howvever if during the 4 days of overstay you get into trouble, accident, incident of some sort and the police get involved and ask to see your visa then if you are found to have overstayed you will be taken straight to immigration lockup, followed by a vsit to the court the next day (if you are arrested on friday then you are stuck in jail until monday) to pay a small fine then taken to Bkk detention centre before finally getting deported.

Of course no problem flying back to Thailand in future but just something to be aware of is that if found by the police to have overstayed by even just one day then you get locked up and deported. Chances are very very slim so really up to you to take the risk of making it to the airport without any incidents involving the police or go get the 7 day extension. Your choice but just be aware of the risks.

Edited by bestmate

if the rules are still the same,then 3 overstay stamps in your passport means that you can not enter the kingdom again.so best just getting your 7 day extension so you are covered at the airport mate.

if the rules are still the same,then 3 overstay stamps in your passport means that you can not enter the kingdom again.so best just getting your 7 day extension so you are covered at the airport mate.

How come I came back again three times with no question or any hassle after I overstays for 3 days last year??

Chances are 99% you will be fine howvever if during the 4 days of overstay you get into trouble, accident, incident of some sort and the police get involved and ask to see your visa then if you are found to have overstayed you will be taken straight to immigration lockup, followed by a vsit to the court the next day (if you are arrested on friday then you are stuck in jail until monday) to pay a small fine then taken to Bkk detention centre before finally getting deported.

Of course no problem flying back to Thailand in future but just something to be aware of is that if found by the police to have overstayed by even just one day then you get locked up and deported. Chances are very very slim so really up to you to take the risk of making it to the airport without any incidents involving the police or go get the 7 day extension. Your choice but just be aware of the risks.

good advice.

How come I came back again three times with no question or any hassle after I overstays for 3 days last year??

i dont know mate,ive been fined twice over the last couple of years including 2 stamps in my passport.both times ive overstayed around 6 to 7 days each time.

i dont know mate,ive been fined twice over the last couple of years including 2 stamps in my passport.both times ive overstayed around 6 to 7 days each time.

Ok Stevo... I will bear that in my mind from now on.. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

thanks for all the info just a quick update we were 3 days over got fined 1500b each and boarding card stamped in red must leave on this flight and extra stamp in passport in thai that we cant read apart from 1500