Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smile 4 the camera

aussieassman

That is nice! No flash at all?

nah.. long exposure..

looks like some very big planets or a dirty lens maybe even some blown pixels too :)

dirty lens? blown pixels? where??

I only had the camera a few nights before i took that shot.

nah.. long exposure..

dirty lens? blown pixels? where??

I only had the camera a few nights before i took that shot.

in the sky !!

unless they are stars???

look like dead pixels/dust to me

in the sky !!

unless they are stars???

look like dead pixels/dust to me

The smear would probably be dust.. Ive only cleaned it once and that was after the shot..

They'd be stars i reckon.. ive never seen any dead pixels in any of my shots before.. but will check again, you got me worried lol

30843_1355692904485_1596337400_30856091_786867_n.jpg

Same night... i don't see any dead pixels.. probably just the stars

30843_1355692904485_1596337400_30856091_786867_n.jpg

Same night... i don't see any dead pixels.. probably just the stars

clean as a whistle

Long exposures sure can give funky effects, I have a few that I unfortunately can't show here, but clouds move and so does airplanes. And on long exposures even in low light, they might come out like odd lines and shapes in the sky.

You can get some wicked portraits with a tripod and long exposures.

I used an S90 on my last trip. Whilst i argree it takes great pics it does have drawbacks

its a little large to comfortable fit in your pocket

the controlls are cumbersome

the lense remains out when in playback mode , this is e real pain in the arse when trying to pass your camera through the cage in a taxi to show the driver your hotel adress

the flash pops outta the most annoying place right where your left hand holds the camera

the camera fogged up on me 2 times simple by coming out of a air coned hotel room into the evening humidity , both times i had to take a blow dryer to it to clear the condensation

IMO the casio exlim takes great pics in a smaller package for 1/2 the price of the s 90

Bought an S90 for this years trip as a complement to my Panasonic LX3 that can be a little too big to fit in your pocket since the lens doesnt retract fully into the the body. The reason for choosing the S90 is the good lens, starting at F2.0, very good low light performance for a compact.

Some tips for you: Controls are not cumbersome, you just have to learn them, like with any other camera. Anybody that have used some other Canon camera will feel right at home, I did because I have owned several cameras from the Canon G series before.

Lens remain out in playback mode: Yes it does if you start in shooting mode and goes to playback mode. If you go directly to playback mode from power off it doesnt though, just push the blue button with an arrow when powered off and youll go to playback mode with the lens retracted.

Flash: Yes it pops the flash if you are in "flash auto" setting when the camera determines the light condition too be to low. You can however force the flash off, just cycle through the different flash modes with a press on the right side of the four-way button with a flash symbol.

Havent had a problem with fog, but i keep the camera in my pocket when not using it so it stays almost the same temperature all the time.

Daytime I use the "P" (program) mode and limits the ISO setting to ISO 80, really good shots. For night time photography, there is a "low light" setting on the top dial that gets good shots even when there is little light.

A very good camera that Im pleased with, maybe not as good a lens as my LX3, but for a pocket camera that fits even in your jeans pocket you cant find a better one at the moment.

Edited by flob

I just purchased a Canon 50MM f/1.8 on Amazon. Hope to take some shots with it when it comes in and play with the setting. Just nothing around where I live that remotely resembles Walking St. at night.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Now carry in my back pocket... Sony TX5 (shock proof / water proof / dust proof etc..) decent, nice features, good for shower / tub / balcony / night / panaroma etc...

Before I would carry two... the Olympus stylus nice for heavy duty / bad conditions (waterproof / shock proof / tough), and they Sony TX1 but the TX5 is a nice combo between them...

Sony Alpha systems I use for commercial uses...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

• 8 months later...

Ok Guys, so we all like to see the pics of the ladies weve had on our trips to patts. Ive decided to buy a new camera

and id like some suggestions on what to buy? Ive got a budget of about $1000 to $1500 Aussie dollars. Im thinking of a Nikon and the SLR type. All suggestions welcome

I would look at the New Nikon P-7000 it is a point and shoot but has all the features of a DSLR. It runs around $500 US. Its a great little camera. feels good in your hands and like I say it shoot video in HD and it like a bigger dlsr with less the weight to carry. I got one about 3 months ago and i carry it around all the time and it great. But in 103 day's I'm taken my D-700 and the P-7000 and shoot me some lookers.

well guys ive allready got my 2 new cameras I decide on a Nikon D90 and for ym p&s i bought the Lumix- TZ 10, i got them both at a really good price and really happy with them both.

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

• 3 months later...

Wow. I just found this area and happy I did so.

I am spending a month in Pattaya, and while I will be boinking my brains out, a man can't do it 24/7 (though some have tried :D). I just bought a Canon XSi and have a 35-80mm lens. I am learning to take pics with the camera now and playing with settings. I want to get a 100-300mm lens for shooting on the beach and various other areas, but would like to get a low light lens for night shoots. Does anyone have recommendations? I read the 17-55mm with a low aperture (going off memory) is great for night shooting. I would like to take some shots along the major hot spots at night when they are alive but I know if I use a flash its going to annoy people. So any advice would be great.

I also want to take some pics of the ladies in my room just to practice my portrait shooting. I met a guy in Medellin, Colombia that would do full blown photo shoots for the girls and then give them copies. He also got some semi-free loving out of it as he would get the shots printed out for the girls. The budding photographer in me is more excited at the thought of taking pics of the girls to get better at it than trying to get them naked in my bed. :Insanity:

Thanks!

35 or 50 mm prime, f1.4 or so.

Gary Galore's pictures here are beautiful, but there's nothing moving in them. If your in a bar, every thing's moving and you need a fast shutter speed and large aperture to get as much light as you can.

Anything more than 50mm isn't going to fit in a hotel room, 50mm is probably pushing it. With 100mm you'd be on the other side of the room and not able to get more than the girls face in a lot of places.

And the longer it is, the larger and heavier it's going to be to get anywhere near the same images in low light. Look at some pictures of what a 200mm f2.8 lens looks like from any of the manufactures, there massive heavy things you'll never carry around all day and cost over $1K. The standard 100-300mm f4-5 zooms will work great on the beach and are nice and light to carry around (sort of), but are best put away when the sun sets.

Edited by little_me

• 3 weeks later...

35 or 50 mm prime, f1.4 or so.

Gary Galore's pictures here are beautiful, but there's nothing moving in them. If your in a bar, every thing's moving and you need a fast shutter speed and large aperture to get as much light as you can.

Anything more than 50mm isn't going to fit in a hotel room, 50mm is probably pushing it. With 100mm you'd be on the other side of the room and not able to get more than the girls face in a lot of places.

And the longer it is, the larger and heavier it's going to be to get anywhere near the same images in low light. Look at some pictures of what a 200mm f2.8 lens looks like from any of the manufactures, there massive heavy things you'll never carry around all day and cost over $1K. The standard 100-300mm f4-5 zooms will work great on the beach and are nice and light to carry around (sort of), but are best put away when the sun sets.

Just getting back into the board after some forced reality time.

My original post was from last year and I have expanded my knowledge of cameras big time since then. Damn expensive hobby.

The 35mm prime is brutal at 1.4 but I did have a 50mm 1.8 which I enjoyed but suffered big time in low light. I finally broke down and sold that one and picked up a 50mm 1.4 which I am thrilled with. Playing with various ISOs and shutter speeds to learn what is going to give me the best product at the end of the day. I plan on using that as my main lens as I mainly like doing portrait shots of people around Pattaya and any place I go. I just like capturing people doing their thing. I think its a more authentic experience. With the prime I don't have to screw around and can usually get the shot I want.

I did a trip to Prague in June and I bought a Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 as my main lens as I was mainly shooting scenes and I was very pleased with the performance. I could zoom when I needed to and still get decent close shots when I wanted to. I was reading some article where professional travel photographers said that when they are out thats the best lens if you need to just carry one or two. I just don't think I would use it in Pattaya because I would always be screwing with the zoom and it would cause me to miss my shots since I shoot spontaneous.

As for carrying my camera and lugging gear around I am with you on that. I carry whatever lens I am using for the day and leave it at that. Weight is an issue and camera straps hanging around your neck are hot as hell.

Funny how a year can change. I went into the hobby with a lens given to me by a friend and I bought a camera body. I'm now up to 5 lenses, various filters, external flash, and looking at a higher end body. I need to find a cheaper hobby like rock collecting or something.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton