Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smile 4 the camera

aussieassman

Ok Guys, so we all like to see the pics of the ladies weve had on our trips to patts. Ive decided to buy a new camera

and id like some suggestions on what to buy? Ive got a budget of about $1000 to $1500 Aussie dollars. Im thinking of a Nikon and the SLR type. All suggestions welcome

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

S90 as point and shoot, 35mm f1.8 Nikon prime attached to whatever DX body you can afford (second hand are ok). A TTL flash and off camera cord would be a good addition.

I've got loads of lenses and the 35mm takes mist pics.

I use a Sony Cybershot DSC-N2 point and shoot...its 3 years old now, always seem to get ood enough pics with it

not in the slapman or med5 league but does me

00301_sony_cybershot_dscn2.jpg

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

for point and shoot I have an Olympus Stylus 1030SW.

Waterproof and shockproof.

And doesn't have that little penis thing that sticks out(and can break off) - fits easily in back pocket...

I use a Nikon Coolpix for point and shoot, and for ease of carrying around.

Also use a Nikon D50 Digital SLR. Much better pics but more hassle to carry. The D50 is quite an old model, but the current Nikon range is excellent.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Derbytony

I use the Canon ixus 900ti which is great for taking out at night. Also got the Canon 40D DSLR which I love but only for taking specific shots as it's a pain as a carry round.

My brother just bought the Canon S90 as pictured by 'Serpentine' above and I'm very impressed with the quality of photo's and it also shoots RAW. Build quality is not as good as my IXUS 900 titanium though. You could by a second hand ixus 900 very cheap these days.

Decide what you want to use it for before buying. If you want something to take out at night I'd stay away from the DSLR and go for something small.

Canon G11 is also worth a look.

Edited by DavidL

Ok Guys, so we all like to see the pics of the ladies weve had on our trips to patts. Ive decided to buy a new camera

and id like some suggestions on what to buy? Ive got a budget of about $1000 to $1500 Aussie dollars. Im thinking of a Nikon and the SLR type. All suggestions welcome

What I would ask is how much do you want to get into photography? Is the primary use going to be taking photos on your Thai trips, or are you going to be taking photos all year long in addition to your Thai trips?

If you feel like you might get into being serious about photography, my recommendation would be to borrow a buddy's Nikon, and a buddy's Canon, and see how they feel to you. It's tough to go wrong on either path. If you're starting out, I'd say get a mid-range used body with either the Nikon or Canon, whichever felt better in your hand, and had controls that made the most sense. THEN, start buying good lenses, and at least one good speedlight (off camera flash). The great thing about a dSLR is that when you feel the need to upgrade your camera body, you don't lose your lens investment. Shoot lots of photos, take a class, read photo blogs, and have fun. The more comfortable you are with your camera, the better shots you'll take. And ideally, there will be no button or setting on your camera where you wonder what it does - since you'll have explored enough to know what it does.

If you're planning on mainly just shooting Thai girls, and just when you're on vacation, there are any number of good point and shoot cameras. I'd say pick one that is small enough that it's easy to have with you all the time. It'd be hard to count the number of times a board member writes in a trip report, 'I would have included pictures, but I forgot my camera back in the room.' When you get right down to it, the best camera to have is the one that you actually have with you.

I've got an old Nikon dSLR body, that still works great. It's not top of the line anymore, but in it's day, National Geographic covers were shot with that model Nikon. I'm still adding to my kit; lenses, flashes, gels and other light modifiers, etc. I don't know that it ever ends. BUT, when I get ready to upgrade my old Nikon body, all that extra kit stuff will still work with whatever new Nikon body I get. I also carry a small point and shoot Kodak in my pants pocket, and I frequently used the camera in my phone. Again, the best camera is the one you have with you. For me, that depends on what I'm doing, but I'm rarely without at least one camera.

Good luck!

Oh, one other thing, since the edit button isn't working for me. I bought my little Kodak 8MP point and shoot mostly because it was less than $50 USD, and it charges with a USB cable. I can charge it off my laptop, or another USB charger (so I don't have to pack a special camera charger for it), and if I sit on it, drop it, it falls out of my pocket and down into the toilet, etc, I'm not going to be that upset. Chances are the memory card will still survive, and that's the most important part. It makes for an awesome camera for a pub crawl, without needing to pay attention to several thousand dollars worth of camera investment.

I used an S90 on my last trip. Whilst i argree it takes great pics it does have drawbacks

its a little large to comfortable fit in your pocket

the controlls are cumbersome

the lense remains out when in playback mode , this is e real pain in the arse when trying to pass your camera through the cage in a taxi to show the driver your hotel adress

the flash pops outta the most annoying place right where your left hand holds the camera

the camera fogged up on me 2 times simple by coming out of a air coned hotel room into the evening humidity , both times i had to take a blow dryer to it to clear the condensation

IMO the casio exlim takes great pics in a smaller package for 1/2 the price of the s 90

Hey guys thanks for all the advice keep it coming.

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

I got my 500d from digidirect here:

http://www.digidirect.com.au/slr_cameras/canon/canon_eos_500d_digital_slr_camera_twin_kit__18-55mm_is__55-250mm_is

Got it for $1600 with bag, 16gb card, 2 lenses + 2 uv filters + 3 year extended warranty + tripod...

Also shoots full hd video if you're interested in uploading a descent video to redtube lol

Its there without the extra for $1372.. Add in a $100 card and its just under the $1500 budget.

I just brought the Sony Nex-5, it's a nice little camera, with the same qualities a a DSLR,

also with 1080p HD, also comes with 2 differnet lenses the 16mm and 18mm-55m,

I can't be asked to carry around a big D90, this is a lot smaller with the same power..

the lense remains out when in playback mode , this is e real pain in the arse when trying to pass your camera through the cage in a taxi to show the driver your hotel adress

There is a setting in the menu you can change so that the lens retracts immediately you enter playback mode.

There is a setting in the menu you can change so that the lens retracts immediately you enter playback mode.

thanks , i,ll check it out :D

I would recommend a full frame Body. I bought a second hand Canon 5D with a 50mm f1.4 and I am very impressed by the look of the output. Should be possible with your Budget

IMG_5818.jpg

Wow. I just found this area and happy I did so.

I am spending a month in Pattaya, and while I will be boinking my brains out, a man can't do it 24/7 (though some have tried :D). I just bought a Canon XSi and have a 35-80mm lens. I am learning to take pics with the camera now and playing with settings. I want to get a 100-300mm lens for shooting on the beach and various other areas, but would like to get a low light lens for night shoots. Does anyone have recommendations? I read the 17-55mm with a low aperture (going off memory) is great for night shooting. I would like to take some shots along the major hot spots at night when they are alive but I know if I use a flash its going to annoy people. So any advice would be great.

I also want to take some pics of the ladies in my room just to practice my portrait shooting. I met a guy in Medellin, Colombia that would do full blown photo shoots for the girls and then give them copies. He also got some semi-free loving out of it as he would get the shots printed out for the girls. The budding photographer in me is more excited at the thought of taking pics of the girls to get better at it than trying to get them naked in my bed. :Insanity:

Thanks!

Edited by Spanky99

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

just a thought worth considering.

if you want something less than DSLR (they are such a pain, i hardly ever use mine nowadays),

a flip-out and rotate screen like the Canon G11 now has is a great feature.

years ago i had a G2, after that they stopped making it flip-out.

reasons:

you can sit the camera on the ground/table/anything and see what you are shooting then use time release to get a long exposure and a sharp pic.

even just stick a piece of paper etc. under the front edge to frame what you want.

this way you can shoot available light inside temples, at night etc.

also its a great way to take pics unobtrusively, great for candid shots,

it probably has a remote control , that makes it even easier.

i don't have one myself, i use a little Ixus for out of the pocket shots, great camera but limited.

if you get a DSLR you must get a wide lens, down to 12mm (35mm equiv is about 20mm) or less before you get a long lens.

anything over 200mm is pretty useless for good shots, that's a very long lens on a digital camera.

on DSLR i never bother with a lens longer than 120mm.

I have a Nikon D90 and a lens or two + an olympus waterproof compact

For travelling I reckon its good to have two cameras

Those water proof/shockproof/beer proof cameras are the go.... cant see my Nikon surviving a rainstorm,being dropped in the sand or beer spilled on it

I know for day trips or nightime getting on the booze its compact camera time... But sometimes I feel like exploring and taking some shots then its Nikon DSLR time....

You can pick up a Nikon D3000 with an 18-55 lens + a 55-200 for $925 AUD

that will give you 500 bucks to spend on a waterproof/sperm/urine/beerproof compact

just a different angle

DW

Wow. I just found this area and happy I did so.

I am spending a month in Pattaya, and while I will be boinking my brains out, a man can't do it 24/7 (though some have tried :D). I just bought a Canon XSi and have a 35-80mm lens. I am learning to take pics with the camera now and playing with settings. I want to get a 100-300mm lens for shooting on the beach and various other areas, but would like to get a low light lens for night shoots. Does anyone have recommendations? I read the 17-55mm with a low aperture (going off memory) is great for night shooting. I would like to take some shots along the major hot spots at night when they are alive but I know if I use a flash its going to annoy people. So any advice would be great.

I also want to take some pics of the ladies in my room just to practice my portrait shooting. I met a guy in Medellin, Colombia that would do full blown photo shoots for the girls and then give them copies. He also got some semi-free loving out of it as he would get the shots printed out for the girls. The budding photographer in me is more excited at the thought of taking pics of the girls to get better at it than trying to get them naked in my bed. :Insanity:

Thanks!

i got a 500d and this is off my 17-55mm lense

30287_1373405987301_1596337400_30885989_3004845_n.jpg

That is nice! No flash at all?

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

30287_1373405987301_1596337400_30885989_3004845_n.jpg

looks like some very big planets or a dirty lens maybe even some blown pixels too :)

I am only taking the DSLR for real shooting when I am not out looking for ladies or drinking. My go to, always in my pocket is an Olympus point and shoot that I bought a few years ago. Thing has been beat to hell and back and still takes great pics.

That is nice! No flash at all?

No way a flash could light up that area! I reckon that's a tripod shot with slow shutter speed or perhaps some VR feature on the lens.

No way a flash could light up that area! I reckon that's a tripod shot with slow shutter speed or perhaps some VR feature on the lens.

I am still learning and I haven't done much night shooting yet. I have done some low light stuff but that is all. I got a bid in on a 100-300mm lens. If I somehow manage to win the auction I will be out all of $25 US. :D I am still looking for a decent 17-55mm lens for night shoots.