IGNORED

Double entry visa

21playrAven

Hey guys

Question on applying for a double entry visa. Purchased a round trip ticket from Los Angeles leaving for Bangkok late August and returning Late February. How strict will the Thai consulate in LA be about exit flight from Thailand 6 months later. My plan is to visit other countries in the area traveling by land once I reach the first 60 day limit then returning to Thailand for the last 60-90 days. Does this seem doable or any other suggestions are appriciated.

Hey guys

Question on applying for a double entry visa. Purchased a round trip ticket from Los Angeles leaving for Bangkok late August and returning Late February. How strict will the Thai consulate in LA be about exit flight from Thailand 6 months later. My plan is to visit other countries in the area traveling by land once I reach the first 60 day limit then returning to Thailand for the last 60-90 days. Does this seem doable or any other suggestions are appriciated.

Here is a post with my experience at the Thai consulate in Dec 2009:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/50476-pre-trip-report-lax-patts/page__p__783748__hl__kenllah__fromsearch__1#entry783748

Hope I did that right. Bottom line is they never asked for tickets or bank statements. Good luck and have fun.

Ken

Thanks Ken

Just the type of information I was looking for, I will going to the Thai consulate on Monday and post my experience.

Steve

Here is a post with my experience at the Thai consulate in Dec 2009:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/50476-pre-trip-report-lax-patts/page__p__783748__hl__kenllah__fromsearch__1#entry783748

Hope I did that right. Bottom line is they never asked for tickets or bank statements. Good luck and have fun.

Ken

Ken,

one more question. When they offered double entry did you increase your duration to 120 days. The question is should I request 120 days up front with double entry.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Steve

Ken,

one more question. When they offered double entry did you increase your duration to 120 days. The question is should I request 120 days up front with double entry.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Steve

Nope. Just tell them 60 days. Once you have your visa you get 30 and extend for 30. then you border run for your next 30 and extend 30. I did not inquire as to more time because I had an open ended ticket and did not want them asking too many questions. The extension is very easy at immigration in country. It is the standard 2 day process. (unless willing to pay more of course).

I am not an expert in this field (this is just my personal experience)

This is the only way I know of turning a 60 day visa into 120 days, however, there may be others I am not aware of.