Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Google Chrome extensions for Mac

Darkside Bob

Gents. Do any of you Mac users use Google Chrome as your browser?

If you do what extensions do you find handy?

I use Ad blocker, Facebook rounder, Fastest Chrome and flash blocker.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

Gents. Do any of you Mac users use Google Chrome as your browser?

If you do what extensions do you find handy?

I use Ad blocker, Facebook rounder, Fastest Chrome and flash blocker.

Personally, I'm very happy with Safari.

What is it that you like about Google Chrome that makes you want to use it instead of Safari???

(just curious)

Allen

I'd be interested too - I've used Firefox on my PC for years and last year's Mac got it too. I haven't felt the urge to experiment with browsers, especially anything Google branded.

I like it because it's a very clean and simple browser. I do not use many add ones but the ones i do, especially AD Blocker work perfectly. It seems a tad quicker but in reality that means a page loads .0005 seconds quicker than FF or Safari. It also uses less power than the other 2 browser, my fan never kicks in when i use GC. I do appreciate that a lot of you will have a lot of add ons with FF so that will probably be the biggest draw back for you.

I understand why people are wary of google but personally i don't care what information they keep because i have zero to hide. Please, do not think that is me trying to be a smart ass and say that people are up to no good on line!!

I think the easiest answer i can give is..............try it for yourself................we all brows around online in our own way and will have our laptops set up differently so it's all down to personal preference. I have been using it on and off since it launched but over the last 3 days i have stuck to it and i have no reason to change.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

I play with both, and the Javascript support in Chrome is usually considerably faster and full-screen mode is nice only little Dell Mini 10v hackintosh. Yes, I know about gips, but it seems to slow down or crash Safari so I pulled it.

Safari 5, to be honest, has quite a few bugs to sort out yet. I'm thinking of moving back a step.

Hmmmmmmmmm...........I've never really had any problems with Safari on my 27in iMac; other than a couple of websites don't recognize Safari for some reason (it usually has something to do with entering data online). I wonder if some of the websites don't like browsers that support HTML 5? (Doesn't really make sense though if that was the case.)

I always get a good laugh when a website states to use Internet Explorer.

I'll have to download Google Chrome and use it on my 27in iMac and monitor the power and processor power it draws; then try to compare it to Safari. I can't really hear the fans in my 27in iMac so I'll have to use an 'extension'/widget to do the monitoring for me.

Allen

I have all 3 -Fire, Safari and Chrome

Personally i find Safari is best out of 3, for starters because it opens to a full screen(i am on 21.5 inch screen)

Chrome use to be much faster but i noticed Fire now is just as fast if not faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I have all 3 -Fire, Safari and Chrome

Personally i find Safari is best out of 3, for starters because it opens to a full screen(i am on 21.5 inch screen)

Chrome use to be much faster but i noticed Fire now is just as fast if not faster

This is where you and I's browsing habits differ. I don't ask my browser to do much and i am more than happy with my MBP 15" and what GC offers.

If i watch a movie of any sort VLC opens the picture up to the full screen so it's happy days for me.

GoldenSmile1.gif

If i watch a movie of any sort VLC opens the picture up to the full screen so it's happy days for me.

GoldenSmile1.gif

Ah yes; VLC. A must have. Probably one of the best, if not one of the best video players around.

(and free)

Allen

Edited by abinder

Ah yes; VLC. A must have. Probably one of the best, if not one of the best video players around.

(and free)

Allen

Also check out Miro. While it can't beat VLC its still a nice player and adds some other options not in VLC.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton