IGNORED

T.B.

swagman

Hi everyone, I'm new here & don't want to seem like a motormouth, but I may have one piece of good advice.

When/if you bring your lady to your home country, please get her innoculated for T.B.(it's free). As this nearly killed my wife & she'd been living here (England)for 9 years when she got in on the lungs. She was rushed into isolation for 2 weeks with a temp of 108! she was in & out of consiousness, really scarey & it has left it's dammage too. All this could of been advoided if I'd known/thought that Thai schools & family do not seem to keep records of any injections-her mum & dad just shrugged their shoulders with a smile!

We were told it's on the rise do to the many east europeans now over here.

Hope this may save someone a lot of grief.

Swagman.

• 1 month later...

I wondered why my Doc, when I told her I was banging a BG in Pattaya, and the condom broke. Would she please run a STD-HIV-HEP screen ?????

So I got the piss test, usual blood tests, and then to my suprise a TB test.

All came back clean except for Gohoniria (spelling) 3 weeks of cipro and all is well.........

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I believe that now that immigrants from certain countries, including Thailand, have to prove that they have been innoculated against TB when applying to stay in the UK for over 6 months. Possibly this was not in force 10 years ago.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I wondered why my Doc, when I told her I was banging a BG in Pattaya, and the condom broke. Would she please run a STD-HIV-HEP screen ?????

All came back clean except for Gohoniria (spelling) 3 weeks of cipro and all is well.........

Did you have to do the piss test first thing in the morning? i mean first piss of the day.

Did you have to do the piss test first thing in the morning? i mean first piss of the day.

No, the lab appt was about 9:45, pee in a jar, and blood draw, and the 48 hour skin test. Oh almost forgot the q-tip up the pisser ( not fun)

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

My son was born 3 weeks ago in Sattahip Hospital as soon as he was born he was vaccinated against Hepatitis B the following morning he was given a BCG vaccine for TB,as there is a high prevalence of both in Thailand it would appear to be standard practice to vaccinate new born children.

There is a comprehensive vaccination program for children in Thailand some are free other have to be paid for though by using the government hospitals all Thais should be able to afford it.

Some of you may have noticed what looks like a raised lump of skin or what looks like a scar from a burn on the upper arm on some of the girls, that in all probability is from a TB vaccination even so it is only around 75-80% effective.

I would go a step further than what swagman has suggested and advise all BM's to make sure their own vaccinations are up to date.

Al.

Similar experience. Thank god for broad spectrum antibiotics!!!

Very good point!!

Many Thais, especially from the rural areas don’t keep records of their vaccinations.

Just recently, when I went to Pattaya Int’l Hospital to have a booster vaccination, the doctor appeared quite surprised to see my immunization card.

If you love your family, GF and yourself, it’s worth to invest a few minutes of your time and some Baht.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Hi everyone, I'm new here & don't want to seem like a motormouth, but I may have one piece of good advice.

When/if you bring your lady to your home country, please get her innoculated for T.B.(it's free). As this nearly killed my wife & she'd been living here (England)for 9 years when she got in on the lungs. She was rushed into isolation for 2 weeks with a temp of 108! she was in & out of consiousness, really scarey & it has left it's dammage too. All this could of been advoided if I'd known/thought that Thai schools & family do not seem to keep records of any injections-her mum & dad just shrugged their shoulders with a smile!

We were told it's on the rise do to the many east europeans now over here.

Hope this may save someone a lot of grief.

Swagman.

Just been reported in the Irish media that three schoolchildren in the same school have been diagnosed with TB. The gestation period is apparently six months, so all the other kids and teachers are currently undergoing tests. They say that a six-month course of drugs will cure it, but it's out there and hasn't disappeared.

Good advice from the OP.

I believe that now that immigrants from certain countries, including Thailand, have to prove that they have been innoculated against TB when applying to stay in the UK for over 6 months. Possibly this was not in force 10 years ago.

http://www.ukvisas.g...ly/tbscreening/

That's right, she was only given an X-ray for it at the airport

That's right, she was only given an X-ray for it at the airport

She was given an x-ray? For TB? Surely you mean she just had to go through the metal detector?

BTW when you quote a post, you can write your response underneath within the post; or are you just a post whore? :P

sgu_banner.gif

She was given an x-ray? For TB? Surely you mean she just had to go through the metal detector?

BTW when you quote a post, you can write your response underneath within the post; or are you just a post whore? :P

Ah-Ha! that's how it's done! (sorry)

Nope, X-rayed before I was allowed to meet her on arrival at Heathrow, when they asked a few questions I forgot the date we got married! I said "well I thimk it was a tuesday!"