Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Internet Question -- What Provider is Best?

ThaitshirtFactory

Hello All,

I am going to be getting the internet set up in the coming week but have not decided on which provider to go with ... I have gotten information from both locations but just wondering what service is best. Here is what is offered at both locations:

3b

This is the internet that I believe is with TT&T and they are in Carrefour

- One month is 590 baht for 4 megabit

- For the setup it is 100 baht plus you pay 2 month in advance

- They provide you with a 4 port wired router

- 2 weeks time for setup

TOT

The office is near Carrefour

- one month is 590 Baht for 4 megabit

- Setup is 2550 baht (this is the option that I like best)

- Free home phone line

- the will provide wireless router 4 port

- 10 days for install

***If I chose not to have the phone line it is only 1650 baht

So they are both good deals but I am mostly concerned about the daily service/connection of the internet so can anyone let me know if they use either of the services and what they think about them.

Thanks

Thai T-Shirt Factory is your one stop screen print and custom clothing solution.

Visit us now: ThaiTshirtFactory.com

If You Think It! We Can Print It!

CAT Telecom is the best. I have been told that they are doing 10mb for 550 baht now, or soon in Pattaya.

Hello All,

I am going to be getting the internet set up in the coming week but have not decided on which provider to go with ... I have gotten information from both locations but just wondering what service is best. Here is what is offered at both locations:

3b

This is the internet that I believe is with TT&T and they are in Carrefour

- One month is 590 baht for 4 megabit

- For the setup it is 100 baht plus you pay 2 month in advance

- They provide you with a 4 port wired router

- 2 weeks time for setup

TOT

The office is near Carrefour

- one month is 590 Baht for 4 megabit

- Setup is 2550 baht (this is the option that I like best)

- Free home phone line

- the will provide wireless router 4 port

- 10 days for install

***If I chose not to have the phone line it is only 1650 baht

So they are both good deals but I am mostly concerned about the daily service/connection of the internet so can anyone let me know if they use either of the services and what they think about them.

Thanks

Don't forget there is also True and Sophon.

CAT Telecom is the best. I have been told that they are doing 10mb for 550 baht now, or soon in Pattaya.

Do you have a URL for CAT? I can't find anything about their prices/plans.

I had TOT initially but their customer service is so crap that I changed to TTT. OK so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few questions on some of the posts here.

one month is 590 Baht for 4 megabit

Are you talking speed or amount of download because 4 mb is not a lot. I would need at least 4 gig a month.

Also are you talking about adsl/cable or the usb mobile connections?

Will be getting internet soon in Pattaya so would be interested in hearing opinions about the different providers. I'm thinking of adsl or cablke if available and setting up a wireless router. My needs are like most peoples as fast as possible and reliability of connection.

Just a few questions on some of the posts here.

one month is 590 Baht for 4 megabit

Are you talking speed or amount of download because 4 mb is not a lot. I would need at least 4 gig a month.

Also are you talking about adsl/cable or the usb mobile connections?

Will be getting internet soon in Pattaya so would be interested in hearing opinions about the different providers. I'm thinking of adsl or cablke if available and setting up a wireless router. My needs are like most peoples as fast as possible and reliability of connection.

4mb is the download speed (although I only ever get 2.6 mb with TTT). Amount of download I think is unlimited, certainly I do not seem to be limited or charged any more. Router is ADSL. reliability is OK but you do get the odd day when you cannot connect for a few hours.

I think you will find that the best provider for you will be based on your location not on who the provider is

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry