IGNORED

Amsterdam

ginger ninga

Im planning a last minute trip to the Dam and im looking recommendations for cheap hotels and were to find thai food and women can anyone help me out ??????

in the red light area a few thai places,also a few thai girls window shoppin,but mainly east european ,40,50 euros

Im planning a last minute trip to the Dam and im looking recommendations for cheap hotels and were to find thai food and women can anyone help me out ??????

There is a couple of well regarded Thai girls working in de Wallen (Red Light District) - Cookie who works in the 'covered area' and another called Mai Thai who on the Trompettersteeg. Both work during the day. But expect Euro prices - 50 euros for 15 mins.

There a few Thai restaurants in Chinatown, just off from the RLD. Also a resto/bar run by some by katoeys at the bottom of the main street in the RLD (forgot what is called now) that serves excellent Thai food.

A good cheap hotel close to the RLD, I would recommend hotel Vijaya or the Crown hotel. Both cheap and cheerful hotels. Just up from the hotel Vijaya is a Thai bar called Mekong.

bb69

Mai Tai is retired, I believe she moved back to Thailand about 4 months ago. However, I strongly second the recommendation for Cookie-if you like Asian girls like I do then in my view she is the best in the RLD.

• 4 weeks later...

Good cheap hotel - The Corner House. It's also just next to one of the best coffeeshops - Home Grown Fantasy. Think it was like 70e a night. It's nothing special but it's clean and it's round the corner from Wamoresstraat. In fact that area actually has a mini RLD of it's own, walk towards Central Station and as you pass the Westcord City Centre hotel there is an alleyway turning on the left. You pass some girls and then you see Coffeeshop Anyday on the left across the road and loads more kamers to your right.

I tried to take a video walking through there during one afternoon and there actually girls already working so had to put the camera away fast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDampkring#p/u/9/b7RTn_8mGp4

btw check lastminute.com for good hotel deals. Of course you can get cheapy ones with good locations but you can often find 4 or 5 star ones for the same price that are maybe a minute or 2 outside the square. We got a good deal for the Westcord Fashion hotel, it was like 200e for 4 nights! I think it was buy 2 nights, get 2 free ect... It was way out west past the Vondlepark but the trams there are really good, was by dam square within 15 mins. The hotel was brand new, 4/5 star.

Enjoy!

Edited by kopite

I always liked the Delta hotel. Straight down the main strasse from Central Station and it's on your right (opposite the grasshopper pub). Cheaper options are on Soi sleeze right next to the canal. Jeez, I miss the Dam! just too damn expensive now.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I always liked the Delta Hotel. Straight down the main strasse from Central Station and it's on your right (opposite the grasshopper pub). Cheaper options are on Soi sleeze right next to the canal. Jeez, I miss the Dam! just too damn expensive now.

I agree on the expense, Stayed in the Dam for 7nights,add cost of flights, hotels, Food & beer prices, RLD girl prices, etc etc (Could have gone to LOS for 10 nights same cost),

But was worth the experience, some serious Stunners too!

If its ya 1st time in the Dam, I sugest you have a read through the Newbie guide here www.ignatzmice.com enjoy ya trip :)

Edited by visage

Ignatzmice is a crazy site. Hardcore mongering is an understatement.

If its your first time in damn some good forums are channels and coffeshop directory. But yeah it's really expensive there now. Used to be 30e for the kamers but now it's 50.

FYI stay away from bloedstraat, unless trannies are your thing.

Edited by kopite