Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

cheap golf

Big Koala

picked up a discount coupon at Sun Golf (3rd rd, near P North rd),

500 baht green fee until July 31.

don't know the course but that is cheap.

just in case you wanted to know.

If they'll accept it mate,once they get you there the rules sometimes change.

picked up a discount coupon at Sun Golf (3rd rd, near P North rd),

500 baht green fee until July 31.

don't know the course but that is cheap.

just in case you wanted to know.

Rayong Country Club also have some great deals at the moment no vouchers needed. You should check them out

• 1 month later...

I am a newcomer to Thailand and am planning on going in November to play some golf and indulge in some other thai activities.Can anyone tell me what the etiquette is for the golf courses around the Pattaya area?

Are handicap certificates required and what are the dress rules.Also is it compulsary to have a caddy and what is the average cost of a round with caddie fees and such like?

Anyone recommend any nice courses around that area for a mid handicap player? thanks in advance

Go to the Pattaya Sports Club Website (Let Google be your friend) and click on the Golf Link, all the info you require is there!

• 3 months later...

If anyone's looking for a cheap game of golf with a few mates go down to Bang Saray 9 hole golf club.The last time I played their was back in March which was 450 baht including caddy for 18 holes.We went their on the white baht bus which is 20 baht each way an takes about 20 minutes but you can only get this on Sukhumvit Road and you need to make sure you don't miss your stop.Otherwise just get a taxi,still cheap enough between 3 or 4,this in the best option if you've never been before.

If anyone's looking for a cheap game of golf with a few mates go down to Bang Saray 9 hole golf club.The last time I played their was back in March which was 450 baht including caddy for 18 holes.We went their on the white baht bus which is 20 baht each way an takes about 20 minutes but you can only get this on Sukhumvit Road and you need to make sure you don't miss your stop.Otherwise just get a taxi,still cheap enough between 3 or 4,this in the best option if you've never been before.

Thanks for the tip. I would love to get a few rounds in, but as a shit golfer I would prefer to go to a cheap and out of the way course.

Thanks for the tip. I would love to get a few rounds in, but as a shit golfer I would prefer to go to a cheap and out of the way course.

If you want to play on "cheap", but often well-maintained golf courses in Thailand (not just Pattaya area), look for military bases or ask some Thai's where the military bases are. Most of them have 9 or 18 holes courses, and many of them are quite nice and well kept for the officers and other rich that play there. They do allow farangs on and the prices are cheap, cheap, cheap. Yes they require caddies (again, cheap) and most of them have carts as well, if you don't want to walk, which I find difficult during the hot season.

• 3 months later...

If you want to play on "cheap", but often well-maintained golf courses in Thailand (not just Pattaya area), look for military bases or ask some Thai's where the military bases are. Most of them have 9 or 18 holes courses, and many of them are quite nice and well kept for the officers and other rich that play there. They do allow farangs on and the prices are cheap, cheap, cheap. Yes they require caddies (again, cheap) and most of them have carts as well, if you don't want to walk, which I find difficult during the hot season.

You should get a brochure of golf courses at TigerLine and call the course themselves...I find that many have unadvertised deals for 1000bahts a round. 250bahts for the caddie and please tip the caddie also.

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

There are about 25 courses within an hour of Pattaya city and most are very good value, so many societies in Pattaya and the pattaya spots club .org has all the info, or just turn up at any of the Societies and put your name down and play, they provide transport etc and if you need club hire3 most provide this too.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I'm looking to start playing golf.. whats the most simple and cheap course that's also near to central pattaya?

If you have never played before go to the Asia hotel and try the par 3 course. My first ever round was at the phoenix course and it cost me about 2 dozen balls.

Century raised there Green fees this year to 200 Baht..Still a collar shirt is required and caddy...1 Hr away but its the best deal anywhere for 18 Holes...Navy has a North South East and west for a total of 36 holes all inclusive with cart for about 1100 Baht for 18 holes..

Treasure Hill is an Outstanding tough course for 500 baht green fees..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf