IGNORED

o2 UK and charges for receiving SMS in Thailand

CrazeeHorse

Hi all,

I have just got back from LOS and my O2 pay-monthly mobile bill (business tariff) has several "Roaming text" entries at £0.40 each. I did send a couple but nothing like what I have been billed for against my mobile number.

So I called up O2 customer services and the guy explained that networks in Thailand charge you to receive SMS when you are roaming there!? Subsequently, he called me back to say it was incorrect information and that I should not have been charged.

However, it seems that DTAC - which I used - may be (over) charging UK users for receiving SMS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CrazeeHorse

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

that sucks considering o2 regularly send me marketing text messages!! take your uk sim out while in los!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

i have an o2 payg sim in a mobile here as most of my family get free uk texts,

i have never been chaged to recieve a text and i get loads of them on it,

one other thing i have noticed,if i try to ring a number from it and i dont get thru or no one answers i pay nothing but a mate who was here with a pay monthly contract was getting charged 99p even if he didnt get thru or no one picked up.

seems like different rules for payg and pm