IGNORED

Why does England need a foreign coach to fail so miserably ?

chaang

Seriously why do we have an foriegn coach when an

English coach like rednapp or hodgson could have done just as good if not better. We are only as good as the players in the team - so why not keep it English. How many quality WC teams have foreign coaches? It's an embarrasment.

Totally agree. WHAT a shambles. Capello has been paid a fortune, but lets not pin total blame on him - apart from a shit decision by the linesman (making the score a rightful 2-2) lets be honest, the Germans were better.

beacuse no english manager in the right mind would take the responsibility of england, with the constant ramblings on about 66, how great the england football team, the media hype its just not worth it and its not just the manager who gets the pressure its the players.

id agree harry redknapp would probally be the best choice for the england squad with his experience in doing great things for less favourable teams.

the simple fact that england as a team have the inability to play together as a team, maybe this is down to rivalry between clubs. or that none of them has a great deal of experience in playing in another leauge or style of football.

bring back steve mclaren with his super cool dutch accent

How much better have we done with English coaches over the last 20yrs? They would still have the same shit to deal with from the media and fans - I remember only two well the newspapers attacks and pictures of turnips etc.

When the players that are meant to be world class quality perform they way they have during this world cup, it's not all down to the manager. Saying that he said he thought they played quite well in an interview after the match!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what nationality the coach is as long as it's the best they can find.

I really think that the press have turned it into a job that nobody wants. Up until the 80's to be chosen as the England manager was considered the greatest of honours in English football. The press started mocking the English mangers, they started it with Robson who redemed himself by nearly getting us into the final. Who can for get the "Taylor Turnip" press. Ok it didn't work for him with the National team but he deserved more respect for the things he had done for other football clubs. The job is seen as too hot to handle.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Seriously, who would have put on heskey. What a bad call. Save money with an English coach and invest the difference in promoting grass roots football. Why kid ourselves that we are any good. Invest in the future as the Germans have done quite successfully.

Fundamentally the English team has not changed since the last WC or failure to qualify for the EC. The same backbone has been chosen by 3 different managers. Letd get an English manager and downgrade our expectations.how many England players were quoted as saying that thy believed they would win the world cup? Also do you not think that the Italian Brazilian or argie managers get off lightly in the press. Lippi is probably dreading any knock on his door. Could be a mafia hitman calling.

The best thing to come of this is that I can now book my flight to Thailand before the school holidays :) and hopefully get a cheaper flight.

Is it the coaches? I blame the players. Are they that thick that not one of them can take a game by the scruff of its neck? They believe all the hype that's written about them. Overpaid prima donnas.

Just got home after watching the game at a pub in walthamstow, east London Cant believe how bad we were!!!. I am embarrassed to be English!!!!! F**** useless c****!!!!!!!!

Take a look at the premiership and see how many decent English players are on the verge of breaking through - its going to be a depressing time moving forward!!!!

There is no talent coming through - the FA really needs to do something ASAP!!!

Maybe we should take a note from our cricket team and employ a group of foreigners and then we might start winning a few games.

AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I was in Pattaya, it sure would cheer me up :)

Steve Mcclaren could have picked that team, in the end Capello brought nothing new to England, 95% of the UK football fans know Heskey is useless when playing for us, so why pick him, also he said at the beginning he would only take fit in-form players, so much for that.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1130120/index.html

King, Rooney, Heskey, Carrick, Barry

I really think that the press have turned it into a job that nobody wants. Up until the 80's to be chosen as the England manager was considered the greatest of honours in English football. The press started mocking the English mangers, they started it with Robson who redemed himself by nearly getting us into the final. Who can for get the "Taylor Turnip" press. Ok it didn't work for him with the National team but he deserved more respect for the things he had done for other football clubs. The job is seen as too hot to handle.

Come on Dr for six million bucks i'd do it and take the bad press....

I cant believe that anyone would pay that much money for anything. They could of employed a team of coaches and people that could of helped the team do better. But maybe i'm just dirty that i only earn 35 an hour and only get 4 weeks off a year...

Come on Dr for six million bucks i'd do it and take the bad press....

I cant believe that anyone would pay that much money for anything. They could of employed a team of coaches and people that could of helped the team do better. But maybe i'm just dirty that i only earn 35 an hour and only get 4 weeks off a year...

Yes that kind of money sounds great from my perspective too. On the other hand if I was a high profile Football Club manger used to earning higher ammounts I might be tempted to take a longer term and broader view. How many England managers in the past 20 years have come out of it with a better reputation than before they managed the national team? I can only think of Bobby Robson. Terry Venables also put in a great show football wise was was not even given enough respect by the FA to be officially titled England Manager. In todays game a mangers reputation is all that he has and I fear that many would not want it thrown at the mercy of the UK press. It is a sad situation when we need to import our national team manager IMO.

is that the same taylor who kept picking andy shinton,on the left wing ,and chris waddle could,nt get a game.

You can al really let rip here.

http://www.germany4e...om/comments.php

Please email friends and Twitter it if you can.

Should be some fun and games there as no sign in required.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

is that the same taylor who kept picking andy shinton,on the left wing ,and chris waddle could,nt get a game.

Yes, and also the one, the one who took Watford from the old 4th to the then highest division which was the first and then finished second in their first season at the top.There was only one year in that run from bottom to top that they did not get promoted. That it didn't work out with Graham Taylor as England manager is beyond dispute ("Do I not like that" lol). My point was that he deserved more respect from the press than the treatment he was given.

Tis indeed a Poison chalice.

Yes, and also the one, the one who took Watford from the old 4th to the then highest division which was the first and then finished second in their first season at the top.There was only one year in that run from bottom to top that they did not get promoted. That it didn't work out with Graham Taylor as England manager is beyond dispute ("Do I not like that" lol). My point was that he deserved more respect from the press than the treatment he was given.

point taken,then again carlton palmer probably the worst footballer ever to put on an england shirt.

The FA and Premier League are only interested in one thing - CASH. They don't give a damn about the national team. The investment in English footballing talent is shocking. The longer this goes on the worse the national team will become.

Over paid wankers, and we English lack the mental strength it's really out of order for the fans who paid so much to over to SA.