Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jazz venues in Pattaya / Jomtien

Kola

Hello, I searched the forum for jazz pattaya and found a few things. I'd like to know where I can go listen to jazz live band in the pattaya area, and maybe eat and/or have a drink.

Here are the ones I've found so far on the internet and visited. Unfortunately only at Hopf I have been several times, as the others are not playing or only playing occasionally due to low season. One I need to check it out (Mojo Club)

Here is the list, please add to it if you know of some places in Pattaya although on Thai Visa forum it has been confirmed that the jazz scene is very poor in Pattaya compared to Bangkok, of course.

* Manhattan's Steakhouse, Nirvana Complex, Thappraya Road (on the hilltop between Pattaya and Jomtien)

Live Jazz only once a month in low season, need to look inside for next date

http://www.manhattans-pattaya.com

* PIC Kitchen, Pattaya beach road (or 2nd road) soi 5

No live Jazz in low season

http://www.pic-kitchen.com

* Hopf Brew House, on beach Beach Road just on the corner of soi 13/2

Every day but sundays. Best time is from 11pm onwards since the drummer/singer farang starts to play long time, before it's only the thai band, they play/sing good but with the farang it's better.

* Mojo Club, Jomtien Complex Condotel, off Thanon Thep Prasit, Jomtien

Never visited, descriptions says it is a relaxing jazz club where you can sing your blues away with the talented musicians, need to check if any of this is true.

I was waiting in immigration office today and I read pattaya people newspaper and there was in the calendar events section a text about having jazz monday (today) starting from 8pm at PIC Kitchen, so I'll have a look inside tonight.

I was waiting in immigration office today and I read pattaya people newspaper and there was in the calendar events section a text about having jazz monday (today) starting from 8pm at PIC Kitchen, so I'll have a look inside tonight.

I like the PIC Kitchen and it would be good if it had a Jazz live music night every Monday. I will be in Pattaya in a few short weeks time and if they did have live music there on a Monday night I would visit PIC on a Monday night

blues factory soi lucky star Walking Street, its at the back of JP bar

i think they do jazz nights

send a meassage to BM davethailand i think he runs the joint :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I like the PIC Kitchen and it would be good if it had a Jazz live music night every Monday. I will be in Pattaya in a few short weeks time and if they did have live music there on a Monday night I would visit PIC on a Monday night

I went there on monday for nothing.

They let the ad run in pattaya people newspaper so that stupid guys like me come to their restaurant only to find that there is in fact no jazz session.

Now I talked to the staff again and she says now, it will reopen in 2 months. I told her that they should cancel the ad in pattaya people saying that mondays have jazz, she said will do, but why don't I believe at all that it was a mistake, like if I was the only one coming on mondays for listening to jazz as announced in the newspaper...

Anyway, I'm getting tired a little bit of hopf where I once again ended up eating to listen to something quiet.

blues factory soi lucky star walking street, its at the back of JP bar

i think they do jazz nights

After on that same night I also went to the blues factory for the first time ever, well that's blues, so not jazz or easy listening. But if you think that some nights they do jazz, would be interesting but I will not rely on pattaya people events calendar to know about these :-)

I went there on monday for nothing.

They let the ad run in pattaya people newspaper so that stupid guys like me come to their restaurant only to find that there is in fact no jazz session.

Now I talked to the staff again and she says now, it will reopen in 2 months. I told her that they should cancel the ad in pattaya people saying that mondays have jazz, she said will do, but why don't I believe at all that it was a mistake, like if I was the only one coming on mondays for listening to jazz as announced in the newspaper...

Anyway, I'm getting tired a little bit of hopf where I once again ended up eating to listen to something quiet.

After on that same night I also went to the blues factory for the first time ever, well that's blues, so not jazz or easy listening. But if you think that some nights they do jazz, would be interesting but I will not rely on pattaya people events calendar to know about these :-)

It's a shame that PIC are not doing the Jazz night on a Monday night as advertised. I might still visit PIC because I like the layout of the place and the food is good.

Manhatten's I think is a fairly new place and I've not yet been there. By all accounts it's a good place to visit but it's not cheap. I fancy visiting the place during my next visit later tthis month or maybe in December but as it's a bit on the pricey side I will only take a thai girl with me that will appreciate the place.

Edited by blue1878

It will be best to get some updates that are really very interesting and I would be more interested in knowing some places that are good for those who are very much fond of jazz and other type of music.

Thanks

I went to Manhattan steak house last saturday 3rd, jazz started at 20:00

Well, for sure the settings is not my cup of tea, too high service which probably will result in prices, but anyway I came only for the music even if I ate too:

one piano (good)

one singer/saxophonist/flute player (excellent)

one female singer (good)

and ipod for the backing track.

Very low volume, slow and low, so as not to disturb the customers who are for the most part more interested in talking loudly about their uneventful lives than listening to the music or respecting other wanting to hear it.

So the fault is from two sides : music too low, audience not interested.

I will never go back to manhattan for the jazz and it has nothing to do with price.

I would love to hear the singer/saxophonist (name's mark i think) in a settings where he can really play freely.

Edited by Kola

• 1 month later...

Could I get a current update please !!!

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

^

Alas, still no real jazz venue in Pattaya, so far.

Oh well it was a hope ;)

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !