IGNORED

luck or logic?

Have you noticed how politics and superstition are never far apart here? When there’s an election if you’re given an ‘unlucky’ candidate number you’ve almost lost already. Any time there’s a crisis some soothsayer comes forward and decides which policy is right based on the stars.

Having the right date to do something also seems to be paramount. When I was married, the mother-in-law decided the wedding had to be on a certain day: Wednesday.

Never mind that it messed up our plans, it was written in the stars. The Erawan Shrine in Bangkok seems just as touched. I read this story about Thailand and the Erawan Shrine curse as apparently this had to be built after someone laid the hotel’s foundation stone on an unlucky day. Once the shrine was up the spirits were appeased and all was well with the world. Do your Thai friends/partner have the same beliefs, or is it just a select few who are so superstitious?

www.pattaya24seven.com

www.pattaya24seven.com/blog

The ultimate guide to the ultimate resort!

Have you noticed how politics and superstition are never far apart here? When there’s an election if you’re given an ‘unlucky’ candidate number you’ve almost lost already. Any time there’s a crisis some soothsayer comes forward and decides which policy is right based on the stars.

Having the right date to do something also seems to be paramount. When I was married, the mother-in-law decided the wedding had to be on a certain day: Wednesday.

Never mind that it messed up our plans, it was written in the stars. The Erawan Shrine in Bangkok seems just as touched. I read this story about Thailand and the Erawan Shrine curse as apparently this had to be built after someone laid the hotel’s foundation stone on an unlucky day. Once the shrine was up the spirits were appeased and all was well with the world. Do your Thai friends/partner have the same beliefs, or is it just a select few who are so superstitious?

My wife and I had our first unofficial marriage ceremony on a particular date because a Monk had decreed that it was the most auspicious date for it to happen on, when I asked my wife how he had a arrived at that date, she said it was based on our dates of birth and our ages, funny thing about that is, that unbeknown to us, two of her girl friends had also been to see 2 different monks about their wedding dates and they were given exactly the same dates, when we all have different birth dates and ages, go figure :Question:

All so much superstitious hocus pocus I think

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Don't knock it bam just in case ! I'm not a very religious person but I won't say I don't believe in God etc etc because who knows where we may end up ?

About 8 years ago in the UK I got dragged to a "card reader",now this was 3 years before I'd even heard about Pattaya,the woman told me I would be with an oriental lady with glasses and a daughter (bullshit I thought)...........my first ex here wore glasses and had a daughter before me,my current lady wears glasses too.

My second ex went to see a monk who told her I'd had a bike accident before she met me and sometimes had a problem with my hip (true).

Mostly waffle I think but I'm keeping my options open just to be on the safe side......

Don't knock it bam just in case ! I'm not a very religious person but I won't say I don't believe in God etc etc because who knows where we may end up ?

About 8 years ago in the UK I got dragged to a "card reader",now this was 3 years before I'd even heard about Pattaya,the woman told me I would be with an oriental lady with glasses and a daughter (bullshit I thought)...........my first ex here wore glasses and had a daughter before me,my current lady wears glasses too.

My second ex went to see a monk who told her I'd had a bike accident before she met me and sometimes had a problem with my hip (true).

Mostly waffle I think but I'm keeping my options open just to be on the safe side......

Actually the Acharn / Ajarn that did my Sak Yant tatoo's sat there one night and described my acrage property in Australia, even drew me a map of the property which includes an "L" shaped dam, the only thing he got wrong was, he had the dam mirrored from it's actual aspect, ie: back to front, scary really, don't know how the hell he did that.

Before anyone jumps all over that statement and starts trying to tell me that it's called Phishing, which is asking questions until they get the right answers, there was NO asking, only telling and he was almost spot on.

:Question:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger