Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WOTIF 'Mystery Hotels

wackyjacky

How do you copy the information...or am I being a bit dense ? :Dunno: The (rather sparse) hotel information pops up and you can't 'Ctrl + C' it...are you just typing the pop-up info into something else and then Googling ?

just copy and paste the description given of the room, and google it even if it is sparse it will still match up with a room on Wotif for example I copy and pasted this on a google search:

Tastefully furnished with long bath and separate shower, electronic safe, LCD TV with satellite channels and in-house pay movies, Wifi , key card access, hair dryer, mini bar, coffee and tea

it comes up Grand Millenium

OK, sussed it ! I was trying to copy and paste the info on the pop-up that you get when hovering over a price (which is impossible) - I didn't realise that there was a separate page with the same info. :Hit_Self:

Just for info : The new Wotif 5 star deal at 2,800 baht looks like it's the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park (I like the look of that because I like a good swim - the pool looks a decent size)

Just for info : The new Wotif 5 star deal at 2,800 baht looks like it's the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park (I like the look of that because I like a good swim - the pool looks a decent size)

Beat me to it. Thanks; wj

Yeah, these wotif deals must be the best value for money going. The 1499 looks like the Grand President. I'll be going for that or the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park. Anyone know if these Marriot appartments are guest friendly ? These seem to be too new to have much written about them.........

Cheers

Yeah, these wotif deals must be the best value for money going.

the blind buy system is the second cheapest among opaque travel options. the bidding system is the absolute cheapest/best value. unfortunately none of the major travel sites for thailand have a bidding system - i'm hoping Agoda does since they're owned by priceline. once one is developed dont be surprised if these already low prices you're getting on wotif are cut in half.

4148884281_ef7a937bfd_o.png

Yeah, these wotif deals must be the best value for money going. The 1499 looks like the Grand President. I'll be going for that or the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sukhumvit Park. Anyone know if these Marriot appartments are guest friendly ? These seem to be too new to have much written about them.........

Cheers

The 1499 is the Grand President. I just booked that one and it was confirmed as such.

Property name:

Grand President - Wot hotel?

Address:

14, 16 Soi 11, Sukhumvit, , Bangkok 10110 BANGKOK

Room type

Room description

Secret Deal

WOT a BARGAIN!!! On Soi 11, incl. buffet breakfast, world famous clubs, restaurants, and entertainment choices next door.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Grand President looks like a good deal Fritz.......

I finally went for phachara suites - 3 nights in December for 7,200 baht on Booking.com (Deluxe studio with breakfast, fully refundable if I cancel) - I might upgrade that to an executive suite nearer the time (doesn't cost much more)......... The only negative I found about phachara suites is that the pool is cold and doesn't get the sun - GREAT - it won't be full of kids and my bald pate won't get burnt....... :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/index.do?ctyhocn=BKKCICI

This is a wotif mystery hotel for 4025baht

Very tempted at that price, i had also come to that assumption, i am up in BKK on Weds, cant see anything at the moment that looks like the Millennium, cant work out what the new 5star world famous brand at B2800 serviced apartment hotel, any ideas

Very tempted at that price, i had also come to that assumption, i am up in BKK on Weds, cant see anything at the moment that looks like the Millennium, cant work out what the new 5star world famous brand at B2800 serviced apartment hotel, any ideas

It's the Marriott Executive Apartments. It's NOT the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2, but is located quite a ways down Suk Soi 24. It's a great price for a very good facility.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I think that current B2800 deal is for the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sathorn Vista - Just based on the descriptions being so similar.

I think that current B2800 deal is for the Marriott Executive Apartments, Sathorn Vista - Just based on the descriptions being so similar.

It does say Sukhumvit in the WOTIF description

Looks like Google maps have it in the wrong location, how far is it down 24.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=90+Sukhumvit+Soi+24,Klongton,+Klongtoey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl#

Edited by splitpin

It does say Sukhumvit in the WOTIF description

Looks like Google maps have it in the wrong location, how far is it down 24.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=90+Sukhumvit+Soi+24,Klongton,+Klongtoey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl#

If it is the one on Suk then it is quite a ways down Soi 24 - well in excess of 500 meters.

I was lucky to score "The Meridien" in Chiang Mai.....was Fabulous, Tg and I had an unforgetable time...cant remember how much I paid. The hotel rate was 6,500 baht.

Another time ended up at "The Royal Princess" in Bangkok...that was great place at a crazy price.

Worth taking a punt...I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Cheers

H888

Edited by happy888

I'm almost certain in the New Marriott Apartments.

The best deal I had recently (August) was the Sheraton for 3600baht weekend rate from wotif. If i had the choice between the Marriot Apartments or The Conrad, at the prices I would stay at The Conrad.

• 2 months later...

I've just been looking at Bangkok hotels for my next trip and I've been struggling to find out which hotel the 2900baht mystery one is. I think it's

The Renaissance Bangkok

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkbr-renaissance-bangkok-ratchaprasong-hotel/

Can anyone confirm this. If it is, it's a bargain.

Anyone know if it's guest friendly?

yes it is the renaissance, i ve been doing the same search,

it s a really nice hotel,

but there is a new amari in suk 2, with special opening prices, the hotle is brand new opened in dec 2010, guess i ll take it, they charge 2200 for a night plus breakfeast and the rooms are studios with kitchen, check it out

yes it is the renaissance, i ve been doing the same search,

it s a really nice hotel,

but there is a new amari in suk 2, with special opening prices, the hotle is brand new opened in dec 2010, guess i ll take it, they charge 2200 for a night plus breakfeast and the rooms are studios with kitchen, check it out

I heard Amari charge a Joiner fee, i may be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

dont know about that, but u can call the hotel to confirm it i guess

I called them and they said they just will take the girl's ID card.

Seems like a good deal so I booked it for 3 nights w/o breakfast comes to $63.91 per night via Agoda.

• 2 weeks later...

I called them and they said they just will take the girl's ID card.

Seems like a good deal so I booked it for 3 nights w/o breakfast comes to $63.91 per night via agoda.

Taking the girls ID card doesn't mean they wont charge a joiner fee

Heres the response I received today after enquiring

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Greeting from Amari Residences Sukhumvit! Please be inform that

Extra person charge at THB 800net per night

For more information, please go to http://www.amari.com/residences-sukhumvit/

Thank you very much in advance and look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Nisha Takimnok

Manager, E-Commerce

NEW 5 Star Wotif

Can any of you confirm that it is Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

NEW 5 Star Wotif

Can any of you confirm that it is Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

It has been in the past. Did you try the cut, paste, & google trick ? Check out TripAdvisor too. Reviewers often spill the beans. wj