IGNORED

Sticky Rice recipe?

I can get thai rice in japan but have no idea how to make the sticky rice. Anyone have a recipe or technique?

BTW--i would vote to have a food sub-forum if any mods are listening :GoldenSmile1:

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Not positive but the type of rice is fairly important - need to use sweet rice - or sticky rice to start.

Traditional way is to soak the rice for several hours - typically overnight is a good way to do it. Rinse the rice, then soak. Next you will need a steamer basket, cheese cloth, and a boiling pot. All easy to find in Thailand. Fill your boiling pot about 2/3, not too full (not full enough for the water to touch the steamer basket when you place it in/on top of the boiling pot). You wrap the soaked rice in the cheese cloth, and sit it in the base of your steamer basket. Sit the steamer basket into the boiling pot, and place the lid of the boiling pot over the rice/cheese cloth. Boil the water to a boil and cook for about 45 min.

I knew one lady who could make a version fast in the microwave - not sure of the quantities. Something like one cup rice and one cup water. Mixed in a bowl. Let it soak for about 15 min. Then place a plate over the top of the rice/water mix. Cook on full power for several mins - then check consistancy, and stir the rice. Repeat the full power cook until you get the consistancy you want.

This link shows the steamer and boiling pot you'll need - or something like them.

http://importfood.com/stickyrice.html

Edited by IBF

You da man! Excellent info. Thanks a lot. I will be on the look out for the tools to make it at home.

Thanks again! :GoldenSmile1:

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif