IGNORED

Condo for sale in VT2

Guest Gabor

Guest Gabor

Studio in View Talay 2/B. 37sqm, Jomtien side, second floor, fully furnished ( air con, kitchen, fridge, microvawe etc ) FARANG NAME !

There are a strict security system with cameras and magnetic cards to avoid the unwaited guests.. also 24/7 security guard

Price: 1.620.000 baht

e-mail: [email protected]

81628-4870.jpg

81628-4871.jpg

81628-4872.jpg

Guest Gabor

Comparing with the 15-20 sqm hotelrooms it is a chamber... with a kitchen.. etc.

$51,000.00 for a small hotel room seems a might high to me.

Nice pool, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, has someone snapped up that condo yet or what?

I figure a sweet deal like that woulda' sold within hours!

I know, I'm being a smart ass, please don't be offended. I am just puzzled by the prices for these little "condo" thingies in Pattaya. I mean, sure it would be great to buy one and sell it six months later for twice what was paid for it, but I just can't understand who the target buyers would be. Is there a particular nationality that is paying these prices at the moment?

Well, has someone snapped up that condo yet or what?

I figure a sweet deal like that woulda' sold within hours!

I know, I'm being a smart ass, please don't be offended. I am just puzzled by the prices for these little "condo" thingies in Pattaya. I mean, sure it would be great to buy one and sell it six months later for twice what was paid for it, but I just can't understand who the target buyers would be. Is there a particular nationality that is paying these prices at the moment?

I am renting a small condo (32sqm) in Jomtien at a very good price. The small condos rent at a cheap price because there is a big vacancy rate. I could buy the place at a similar price to what Gabor is asking for his place. Why buy if I can rent at such a cheap price? The money invested will return me more than what I am paying in rent.

I lot of owners, both Thai and Farang cannot get tenants for their condos, especially now in the low season. I get periodically asked by various condo owners in the neighbourhood, if I am interested in renting or buying a better/larger or cheaper condo. Some of them will often ask for twice what they paid for a couple of years ago.

At times, when there is some urgency by the owner to sell, you will find a good bargain. I have been tempted to buy a couple of times when there was a real bargain. Then again, I must have thought, why buy, when as a owner one has to take responsibility for all the bad plumbing, telephone connections, electrical wiring and general maintenance of the place.

Besides, the market here has peaked and there is a big oversupply in the lower-end condo market. The prices for the higher-end condos are artificially high and the people buying either have too much money or don't know what they are doing. And don't forget, you are living in Thailand and there is no security in having ownership of any chattel for a Farang, as far as I am concerned.

Follow the advertisements for condos or houses in the Pattaya Mail or similar papers. It makes interesting reading.

Mnay condos are for sale - some get lucky and get the asking prices. However now there are many fire sales and bargains can be had everywhere.

Most owners get their price - eventually, but that can often take literally years.

Also many agents are "upping the market" still - not all, but many are. Agents sale fees can be as high as 7% here so they are content making fewer sales at higher rates.

I bought a "shell" in VT2 last year for 700,000 - 42sq M - its shows the bargains are still there.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Guest Gabor

From the middle of the august until late september the price is reduced to 1.550.000 as I'm in the city, so I can avoid the real estate offices...

From the middle of the august until late september the price is reduced to 1.550.000 as I'm in the city, so I can avoid the real estate offices...

Why do you want to sell into a falling market, unless you really need the money or have decided to move on? The condo you are trying to sell is not to my liking and way overpriced. How much do you want for the other one in the much better location?

Archived