Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK Renaissance - pay in advance?

feelus

Hi,

Question to anyone who has stayed at LK Renaissance before - were you asked to pay for your booking before arrival in order to confirm your reservation? I'm being asked by management to provide my credit card details if I want to confirm my reservation?

Hi,

Question to anyone who has stayed at LK Renaissance before - were you asked to pay for your booking before arrival in order to confirm your reservation? I'm being asked by management to provide my credit card details if I want to confirm my reservation?

Are they asking for you to prepay the entire stay? Or are they asking essentially for a deposit? (basically a guarantee you will show up if you do not cancel the reservation per the policy).

Typically they are asking for the latter, unless you are getting some special rate that requires prepay. When I stayed at LK I had to provide CC to guarantee the reservation but not prepay.

I am a very very hansum man, just ask any of the BG's I have BFed!!!

Hi,

I've booked to stay there in July, through asiarooms.com. They took my credit card details but DO NOT charge you until the end of your stay when you can pay by another card or cash. Those are the terms on the asiarooms website.

Hi feelus,

I stay at LK Royal Suites when visiting Bangkok and each time they ask me to pay a Baht 2,000 deposit by credit card to confirm the booking. Then when I arrive, they actually charge the full amount of the period of my stay and keep the Baht 2,000 deposit for any extras that I might incur whilst staying there such as the mini bar etc. Then at the end of my stay they refund me in cash any of the 2,000 that I have not used or if I leave earlier then planned for some reason, they again refund me in cash.

It is a bit different I will admit, but it has been that way for all of my stays there and I am ok with it.

However I would never agree to pay the full amount for the period of my stay by credit card when making the booking. It may be that they are just intending to charge you a deposit on your credit card to guarantee the booking, so you may wish to just confirm that with them.

thanks for the timely responses guys. i've e-mailed just to clarify whether it is just the deposit they need for now, i'm happy to make a down payment but obviously reluctant to pay for everything upfront

thanks again

thanks for the timely responses guys. i've e-mailed just to clarify whether it is just the deposit they need for now, i'm happy to make a down payment but obviously reluctant to pay for everything upfront

thanks again

It is a comon thing to ask credit card details. They usualy do not charge. It is just in case you book, don't cancel but dont come.

They do the same at august Suite and many other hotels around the world.

i am staying there from the end of oct for 5 months in one bedroom suite. i had to pay up front for entire stay went to see hotel on my last stay and they offered 5 months for 300,000b which works out at 2,000b a night for that deal i was happy to pay in advance as no increase for christmas and new year the hotel i have stayed at for the last 5 years wanted 500b a night extra for 15 dec to 15 jan and would give me no discount for a 5 month stay.

i am staying there from the end of oct for 5 months in one bedroom suite. i had to pay up front for entire stay went to see hotel on my last stay and they offered 5 months for 300,000b which works out at 2,000b a night for that deal i was happy to pay in advance as no increase for christmas and new year the hotel i have stayed at for the last 5 years wanted 500b a night extra for 15 dec to 15 jan and would give me no discount for a 5 month stay.

I would have thought that you would have got it for at maximum 1000 baht a night for 5 months paid upfront!

what for a one bedroom suite i was paying 2880b a night at the sandy spring and then they wanted 500b a night extra for high season 2000b a night for a i bedroom suite of the standard of lk renaisssance is a great deal much better standard than sandy spring.