IGNORED

LK Metropole, soi Diana

jojomecanic

I went to Pattaya in May 2010 for a quick stop over (2x2 nights). I decided to book at LKMetrople to test the superior room

hotel : http://www.agoda.com...pole_hotel.html

Of course I did a little search on '-addicts to check for a previous report on this hotel, but didn’t found much, so I thought it could be time for a little update.

Location & Around : It’s in Soi diana, near Soi Buakao on the left handside.

There is a Mart just before, and a 7/11 just after (10m from the hotel !). So if you run out of condom, you can rush downstairs and be back in a minute…

There is also a chemist not far away (in fact, dozens on buakao) a travel agency, massage, Lolita BJ :-)

Plenty of bars in soi diana, in Soi LK and also a nice gogo 3mn walk from the hotel. A few nice chicks in there. Well, I would say full day and night life all around in here.

The hotel :

It could be a 4 stars, but things look a little bit old now. However, it is very clean and the staff is very nice. There is a nice small pool just left to the entry.

The way in with a BG is free hassle. You don’t have to go through the reception with ID card if you don’t want. I saw a guy coming with ladyboy, and he was happy not to have to face the wall of shame going through the reception.

There is no joiner fee, but I dont know about two girls in the room. I suppose they wouldn’t matter. If anyone can confirm...

Security cam in all places (except in rooms:-)

The room :

I had the room 304 wich has two balcony, but no view. However it is very comfortable, lots of space. Microwave, little kitchen (not very usefull), a big fridge. there is a nice table with two comfortable chairs which is very good as I BG usualy likes eating something from 7/11 before going "to bed". and so do I...

The bed is a king size, and very comfortable.

As I said above, now the furnitures starts to be a little bit old now, but imo it is stil ok.

The bathroom is just normal (with a good bath), and you will find everything needed (tooth brush, shower cap for BG, shanpoo, bath foam...)

Others :

There is internet cable free, but you must go to reception to get a free code number for one hour connexion (they can give you 2 or 3 at one time if needed). The spedd is good, wich enable to phone overseas with skype.

There is a safe locker in room.

The superior room is 4,500b on the website but I got it for 2,000b on Agoda.

I would say this hotel is a safe value for a short time stay, or for a newbie that wants to book something good (if price not to high on Agoda...) in a good place, quiet, and near many shops and bars.

For a long stay (more than a week), i would consider it a bit expensive.

LKmetrop 01.JPG

LKmetrop 02.JPG

LKmetrop 03.JPG

LKmetrop 04.JPG

LKmetrop 05.JPG

LKmetrop 06.JPG

LKmetrop 07.JPG

I would say this hotel is a safe value for a short time stay, or for a newbie that wants to book something good (if price not to high on agoda...) in a good place, quiet, and near many shops and bars.

For a long stay (more than a week), i would consider it a bit expensive.

Thanks very much for the infomation.

I have booked to stay in a studio room on my next trip. I know where the hotel is and have decided to try it out. My only concern is noise from the bars.

Did you have any problems with noise during your stay?

Thanks very much for the infomation.

I have booked to stay in a studio room on my next trip. I know where the hotel is and have decided to try it out. My only concern is noise from the bars.

Did you have any problems with noise during your stay?

If you come with your whife and children, you may be concern with noise in Pattaya.

Otherwhile, when bars makes noise, you'll be... at the bar ! Then when bars closes ( 2 am ), you will be... in a gogo ! Then when gogo closes, you will be.... in a disco !

By the time you get back to your room, the street will be quiet !

Anyway, in my bedroom, I could not hear anything from out side. the holtel is not right on the street, but 20m back, and is very quiet night and day.

If you come with your whife and children, you may be concern with noise in Pattaya.

Otherwhile, when bars makes noise, you'll be... at the bar ! Then when bars closes ( 2 am ), you will be... in a gogo ! Then when gogo closes, you will be.... in a disco !

By the time you get back to your room, the street will be quiet !

Anyway, in my bedroom, I could not hear anything from out side. the holtel is not right on the street, but 20m back, and is very quiet night and day.

I am not married. Only when I am in Pattaya. Usually, married in the night but divorced in the morning! GoldenSmile1.gif

Thanks for the information. 001_Thank_You5.gif

(edited my post for spelling errors)

Edited by The Seeker

Thanks for the report! But it sounds a bit expensive to me, especially considering the "one hour at a time" Internet connection (workable, but a bit of a hassle). For comparison, I stayed across the street (and a hundred meters, or so, down the street) at Areca Lodge during the last couple weeks of May and the first couple weeks of June. The cost for a "Super Deluxe" room (in the Evergreen Tower) was 1530 Baht (although this was with a discount for staying more than two weeks - otherwise 1700 Baht). It was a very nice room (although yours was apparently larger) and the Evergreen Tower part of Areca Lodge is quite new (opened just a few months ago). The Internet connection was a direct Ethernet connection - free, 24 hr. per day, and at least moderately fast most of the time (Skype worked well, although video calls were somewhat problematic - not the greatest video, probably due to limited speed). Areca Lodge also provides a nice breakfast buffet (included in the room rate, and you can take one guest with you at no additional charge) and has two nice swimming pools.

Here's a picture of my room at Areca Lodge:

DSC_0245-480x362.JPG

HOWEVER: There was one problem with Areca Lodge. Although Thai law says your female (and, I guess, male, if that's your choice) companion is "legal" if she's 18 or over, Areca Lodge has a policy that she must be 20, or over. There's no joiner fee for one "guest," but they only allow one. (I think you may be able to have a 2nd guest by paying a 500 Baht joiner fee.) So, if your friend for the evening is 18 or 19, you'll have a problem at Areca Lodge. Because of this policy, I'm planning to stay at Pattaya Bay Resort during my next trip.

Bakwan

There are at least a dozen guesthouses within a block or 2 that have quite nice rooms for under 1k a night.

Nice room & pics.

Thanks for the info & agoda does give some amazing deals.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked my september trip in the Metropole just from pics above - very nice. Cheers.

Stayed at the Metropole Jan-Feb 2010.

The Metropole and other Lk hotels do monthly rates, if your lucky enough to stay that long, which bring the rates right down.

Only problem I had was that the bed was 2 singles put together. I found it very hard (the bed).