IGNORED

FREE ATM withdrawals

mai

looks like time's up on the free Ayuttaha bank (yellow one) withdrawals

it's a disgrace now they all seem to want 150 baht (5 dollars)

a while back some people said the first withdrawal of the month is free, then they charge for others.

but i think they charge any withdrawal

if anyone knows another bank that does not charge please advise

i have tried tmb, bkk bank, k atm, ktb

and i mean free atm withdrawals for tourists (money in bank back home) NOT expats with thai bank accounts - i know they are free withdrawals !

Try going to a branch with passport :GoldenSmile1:

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

huh?

i dont want to open an account

i have a thai account

but usually i withdraw money fom a home account using debit card

i just need to know which atm (if any) is still free

The only ATMs that do not charge the 150 baht are the ones from AEON. Not many around as they are a Japanese bank, and mostly found inside big shopping malls. I know there is one in Lotus/Tesco and another in Carrefour here in Pattaya. However a friend of mine tells me that they do not work all the time.

I also know that the Government Savings Bank used to be free - are they charging now?

Edited by eyebee
babydollsaddict.gif

I havent check this myself, but I've been told that ATM without 150b had a different rate exchange. You'd better check that. Wouldn't be good to save 150b charge, and loose 200b in rate exchange...

Sorry, no reference about that... just been told...

I havent check this myself, but I've been told that ATM without 150b had a different rate exchange. You'd better check that. Wouldn't be good to save 150b charge, and loose 200b in rate exchange...

I think you miss the point,

The Thai bank you withdraw from determines the exchange rate.

It is either set at visa/mastercard official rate.

Or your bank at home apply a % fee to this as well as their own fee for withdrawing abroad.

Any way thanks for the japanese bank advice i will check that.

I remember someone mentioning the Govng Savings bank (pink one i think). I am sure they don't accept foreign cards, i am sure i tried it last year.

No doubt everyone will start using them and then they will apply the fee too

oops

i mean the thai bank does not determine the exchange rate (it is actually visa/mastercard/etc that apply their own)

• 2 weeks later...

You can find Aeon ATMs via this link:

www.aeon.co.th/lang/en/menu/Service_Location/region/off/option/atm#branchATMForm

I used the Aeon branch at Tesco lotus north Pattaya yesterday with my Nationwide visa debit card, I didnt get charged the 150b fee and just checked the exchange rate I got and it was 48.1 to the £ so good news. Big thanxs for the heads up on this one.

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

The only ATMs that do not charge the 150 baht are the ones from AEON. Not many around as they are a Japanese bank, and mostly found inside big shopping malls. I know there is one in Lotus/Tesco and another in Carrefour here in Pattaya. However a friend of mine tells me that they do not work all the time.

Good info, saved me 150 baht tonight.

Should any poster be visiting Khon Kaen, there is an AEON branch with 2 ATMs on the 2nd floor of Central Plaza.