IGNORED

Golf

partyloon

Where can I go for a cheap day golfing with club rental.... Not looking for nothing serious as I am just a beginner...

There's a bar on soi 7 near beach road (left side if your facing the beach). Good guy (can't think of his name) runs outings from the bar, done it twice and happy with results. Advertises price and location on sign at the entrance.

Breakfast, transport all inclusive - I'm sure rentals can be arranged.

Have Fun - nice way to spend the day!

:GoldenSmile1:

might be up for a game,1st to 12th july,if anyone interested.

I'll be there from the 1st of July till the 22nd of July... I'm up for a game but I'm warning you I'm crap...

i have been playing for years and i am still crap.some great courses around pattaya have played many.

Edited by tommyg

I haven't golfed in about 15 years, but it might make a good day off if a group gets together. I'll be in Pattaya July 11-21.

I haven't golfed in about 15 years, but it might make a good day off if a group gets together. I'll be in Pattaya July 11-21.

Myself & another BM arrive are in town from 17th - 24th of July.

Would be keen for a round of golf if we can get a group together.

http://www.elephantbar.net/golf%20page.htm

This place looks like they can arrange a good day out.

ปาà¸à¸«à¸§à¸²à¸™à¸à¹‰à¸™à¹€à¸›à¸£à¸µà¹‰à¸¢à¸§

I'm up for a game but I'm warning you I'm crap...

As a long time bogey golfer (index -16.2), no one cares how good you are, they only care how fast you are!!!

I am a very very hansum man, just ask any of the BG's I have BFed!!!

There's a bar on soi 7 near beach road (left side if your facing the beach). Good guy (can't think of his name) runs outings from the bar, done it twice and happy with results. Advertises price and location on sign at the entrance.

Breakfast, transport all inclusive - I'm sure rentals can be arranged.

Have Fun - nice way to spend the day!

:BJ3:

I walked by there a couple of times last time out, is that a golf club? did you have to buy a membership?

Be there july 1st - 29th thought I'd join one of those clubs in LK Metro but open for a round.

Be there same time, after reading this thread, looks like there is already enough for a foresome or two, maybe we can get a mini Pattaya addicts tourney going! make a stop in Ban Chang on the way back http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/Grin_Jump1.gif

sounds good to me.

I'll be staying at Canterbury Tales, very near this place.

• 2 weeks later...

I walked by there a couple of times last time out, is that a golf club? did you have to buy a membership?

No Membership. I actually stumbled on this group when I was golfing solo and asked the starter if there was a group I could join. The gentlemen that owns this bar was super friendly and scooped me up into his group. After that initial encounter I've been back twice. Yes, it appears that he has regulars - but all friendly. They also play for a little money, but you can opt out if I recall right.

No Membership. I actually stumbled on this group when I was golfing solo and asked the starter if there was a group I could join. The gentlemen that owns this bar was super friendly and scooped me up into his group. After that initial encounter I've been back twice. Yes, it appears that he has regulars - but all friendly. They also play for a little money, but you can opt out if I recall right.

Thanks, I just got into fun town this morning, I'll stop by there tomorrow & check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time bogey golfer (index -16.2), no one cares how good you are, they only care how fast you are!!!

Amen brother.

Amen brother.

I play with scratch and + golfers, and as long as you keep up and don't BS (I normally shoot 73 but today is a bad day.... they can always tell), then no problems.

Only once in my golfing life has someone I was paired with dumped me cause I was "not good enough", this was someone at a high end resort in Scottsdale, he got pissed cause I was whispering to my wife when he was easily 150+ yds away, he lost it (swearing, slamming clubs etc...), his playing partner made apologies for him and they played on. Good for me cause the guy was a real a-hole. Morale of the story, if someone cares how good you are, they will not play or let themselves get paired with you anyway. My bad example is my ONLY bad example in literally 100's (closing in on 1000) rounds.

Advise to newbie golfers, a) tell those you are paired with you are new, so they can play on if they want (they won't but they will really appreciate the sentiment). b) don't act like an ass (don't swear or throw a club when you lip out the putt for 12..., and c) KEEP UP, if they are consistently waiting on you pick up, if you are looking for a ball repeatedly,DROP, don't take 10 practice swings to hit the ball 10 yds and then repeat....

But on the good side, in what other sport can a person hit a shot and make a put that gives them the same or better score then a pro? May only happen once out of a 100 holes, but it still will happen. No other sport is like that!!!!

Edited by cc2709

I am a very very hansum man, just ask any of the BG's I have BFed!!!

I play with scratch and + golfers, and as long as you keep up and don't BS (I normally shoot 73 but today is a bad day.... they can always tell), then no problems.

Only once in my golfing life has someone I was paired with dumped me cause I was "not good enough", this was someone at a high end resort in Scottsdale, he got pissed cause I was whispering to my wife when he was easily 150+ yds away, he lost it (swearing, slamming clubs etc...), his playing partner made apologies for him and they played on. Good for me cause the guy was a real a-hole. Morale of the story, if someone cares how good you are, they will not play or let themselves get paired with you anyway. My bad example is my ONLY bad example in literally 100's (closing in on 1000) rounds.

Advise to newbie golfers, a) tell those you are paired with you are new, so they can play on if they want (they won't but they will really appreciate the sentiment). b) don't act like an ass (don't swear or throw a club when you lip out the putt for 12..., and c) KEEP UP, if they are consistently waiting on you pick up, if you are looking for a ball repeatedly,DROP, don't take 10 practice swings to hit the ball 10 yds and then repeat....

But on the good side, in what other sport can a person hit a shot and make a put that gives them the same or better score then a pro? May only happen once out of a 100 holes, but it still will happen. No other sport is like that!!!!

I might have played near 1000 rounds of golf in Pattaya now. Lets' see, no, 10 years, 6 months a year, 3 rounds a week goes into a sleeky bargirl - I mean oops. Anyway, I hear you. For me I'll play with most people. Now, I'm not a snob but if someone is really just beginning they should start on the 9 hole courses until they figure out some course management and how to keep up. And how to advance the ball at least 100 yards on average swing. Really, if they duff it a few times a round no biggie. We all can. But there is a lower limit of developed skill before getting out on a big course.

But I don't care of my playing partners shoot in the 60s or over 100 so long as they are pleasant and keep up. And I'm not hyper sensitive to sound or motion but there are some guidelines I like people to follow. If I think a person is loud I just make sure I don't play with them again.

As for the jerk in Scottsdale - wasn't me LOLs. I live 5 minutes away from there. Which course?

I always wonder why some people play golf. They don't seem to like it.