IGNORED

Advanced Member

i want to become an advanced member but it is taking a long time to get my number of posts up. anyone got any suggestions how to speed things up?

yes i know my spelling is not so good but it gave me a great excuse to make another post.

i want to become an advanced member but it is taking a long time to get my number of posts up. anyone got any suggestions how to speed things up?

Good start would be not to post a question about it in the "News" section LOL.

OK so that was a bit flippant but learning how to use and utilize the forum might inspire you to get there faster :Grin_Jump1:

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

engage is some debate man, offer your opinion on things

have you been to pattaya before?

best way to get upgraded is to post a good trip report with pictures etc.. :Grin_Jump1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

wise advice indeed. was actually just having a rip on the system. not much tripping latley due to plenty of willing females in town i have not had to revert to drugs or volience to entertain myself. how many people on the forum?

You've been a member for a week, not a long time at all! My best advice: Quality counts more than quantity, so don't post pointless replies just to get your post count up. We're looking for a sustained pattern of friendly, thoughtful, substantial posts.

Preferably in the right section :Grin_Jump1:

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

In my opinion post count has nothing to do with it. I have 70+ post and have posted trip reports and pictures for the places I have been, but have yet to be ungraded. My only guess is because I haven't been to Pattaya yet, which is ok, but I wish it said that a prerequisite to advanced membership is Pattaya. I have seen members with 20 post that have advanced membership, so again post count has nothing to do with it. From what I see, post a trip report with pics from Pattaya and you are in.

engage is some debate man, offer your opinion on things

have you been to pattaya before?

best way to get upgraded is to post a good trip report with pictures etc..

To the OP - TRs have to be interesting and those for Pattaya tend to be more so. That's difficult if you haven't been yet, but don't do what one numpty did recently and steal someone else's pics to fake TRs and Restaurant Reviews. He was pretty obvious, but there are some geeks on here who would know. :Fuck_Sheep:

Do a lot of reading of others'threads and TRs, ask meaningful questions and do your best to interact. That way you will learn a lot for when you do land and, if you do it well, you may get to the Advanced Area.

In my opinion post count has nothing to do with it. I have 70+ post and have posted trip reports and pictures for the places I have been, but have yet to be ungraded. My only guess is because I haven't been to Pattaya yet, which is ok, but I wish it said that a prerequisite to advanced membership is Pattaya. I have seen members with 20 post that have advanced membership, so again post count has nothing to do with it. From what I see, post a trip report with pics from Pattaya and you are in.

Having been to Pattaya isn't a pre-requisite, but someone who has been here and interacted with BMs at a PA Meeting will obviously score a lot of points with the Mods who decide - always assuming they have not ended up in the monkey jail.

About your posts/TRs I would first say read the Pinned Thread on re-sizing photo's. Some of us here have slow connections and when we hit oversized pics we just move on and don't see that page.

For that reason I haven't seen your pics but I gather your narrative was brief and they didn't generate much interest.

If you read some of the more successful TRs you'll know more about Pattaya etc and be able to interact more on the threads and also have more idea what a good TR is.

I think it is absolutely right that advancement is taken more seriously of late.

Some of us would make it a lot harder. :Whistle:

You only get advanced if you are friends with the mods

Oh really? :CumOnFace:

I tried that, but in the end I had to let 3 of them shag me and pay them money. :Fuck_Dog::CumOnFace:

I tried that, but in the end I had to let 3 of them shag me and pay them money. :GoldenSmile1::WhoSaw1:

On hindsight (yours) i think i'm happy enough where i am. HowAreYou1.gif. sore ? skint ? or both ? Chokdee5.gif

Oh really? :001_Thank_You5:

It's an interesting question though. What is the criteria to get upgraded? Do the board moderators only want people that frequent Thailand? What is considered "meaningful" post? I am interested in finding out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting question though. What is the criteria to get upgraded? Do the board moderators only want people that frequent Thailand? What is considered "meaningful" post? I am interested in finding out.

I don't know the Criteria for UpGradation but i don't understand why all the members

wants to upgrade is there any much of difference

Pattaya-addicts is social networking site whose aim is to help New addicts or the

people who wants to go to Pattaya and have some fun which is called Newbie like myself

you have any question then go to forum search whatever information you want

if you still not understand then ask in that forum or start new topic it is just so simple

try to get maximum information as you can from this forum.

I have seen so many users whose posts are 38 or 45 but still they are advance members

& those who posted 100 or 150 posts they are only members

what difference is it going to make

whatever information you want you will get this from Pattaya-addicts.

So just keep on sharing

coz sharing is caring :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by rohan3009
asian.gif

I have been to Los over 15 times for p4p holidays and at least twice monthly over 10 years to Bangkok with work did that get me into the advanced section ? NO.....I have never met any of the members or Mods so that reason is out...I posted a trip report or 2 and asked lots of questions and gave advice to some if i knew my info was good info and added the most up to date stuff i knew...when i joined i didnt even know about the section it was my love of LOS and in perticular Pattaya that i joined I simply got an e mail one day...now this is my opinion and mine only how can anyone who has never been or added anything of interest ever hope to get into the advanced section of PA is beyond me.

Can i suggest go a few times instead of dreaming and then add some up to date info on the site...actually add something that will enhance the board instead of whingeing about not getting a status which only you think you deserve...i dont think i deserve the status as even with my experience I am certainly no expert as many a member will tell you it takes many years of experience to become a true "expert" in this land and seeing as you have never been then your thread is at best moribund..... :001_Thank_You5:

I tried that, but in the end I had to let 3 of them shag me and pay them money. :Fuck_Dog::CumOnFace:

I'm glad to read this ! I thought I was the only one that had to do that ! :GoldenSmile1:

There's also an other one that just had to get double penetrated for this :

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/58880-my-first-ever-double-penetration/page__pid__919863

:Grin_Jump1:

I don't know the Criteria for UpGradation but i don't understand why all the members

wants to upgrade is there any much of difference

Pattaya-addicts is social networking site whose aim is to help New addicts or the

people who wants to go to Pattaya and have some fun

................................now this is my opinion and mine only how can anyone who has never been or added anything of interest ever hope to get into the advanced section of PA is beyond me.......................

Actually that last point occurs to me often. How can you be addicted to something you've never experienced?

There is no such policy AFAIK and I imagine there are Advanced Members who haven't been here, but yes, it's bound to make it much more difficult to make meaningful contributions.

On rohan's point, there is a wealth of information in the Members area to prepare someone for their first visit. What is all the panic about? Is it really just to get access to a few photographs? I once found the need, with board permission, to change my account and name. I almost certainly could have gone straight to Advanced if I'd asked, but I waited. I went well past 100 posts before I went up and there really is plenty to do and to learn there.

For international_BManning? Well I've replied to you before, as have others, with constructive criticism and advice. I don't recall you showing much sign of wanting to interact here.

There are lots of answers posted to your Q but you just keep asking it. You just seem intent on nagging your way in.

Maybe you really should spend your time planning that first trip. Then you could meet some Mod's and nag them to their faces. It usually works.

• 3 months later...

Anyway to become advance member faster than posting 50 posts?

Not really. A consistent pattern of particularly well thought out, friendly, helpful, interesting or entertaining posts with a minimum of fluff will help to ensure that your advancement comes as soon after you hit 50 as possible though :)

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to gaining advanced membership myself... would like to shortcut it if possible but I have always lived by the rule that anything worth having in worth working for!

with a minimum of fluff...

Well that counts me out mate... I like my fluff. :D

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

• 7 months later...

:LMFO: Tickled me that reply... :GoldenSmile1:

• 6 months later...

how long did it take you guys to finally get approval and acceptance into the "Advanced Member" area once you hit the 50 posts?

• 1 month later...

DEar vegasphl,

i have no idea how long it will take me. But as you see the other thread where a lot of members are asking to get promoted and they receive promotion one out of 30 or so. Most of them don´t get promoted.

So from my point as a new member the forum is a great source of information but it offers a product which it doen´t deliver as promised. So this causes from my experience a lot of frustration and lack of understanding. Everywhere here you see post 50 or more and you will get promoted. Also this is promised on the first page of the forum. It would be more fair to get rid of the 50 post border as it is more than clear that this is not the door to advance membership. Of course quality is a part of it but i have seen members where i think they offered got contrinution to the forum still be regular member.

To me it would be more fair to the new members to offer them advance membership after moderators decide they will be worth to be upgraded. This

will from my point of view avoid frustration and frequently asking to get promotion.

Cheers