Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

Hi Dave good to meet you in May enjoyed the banter thanks for all the advice ,great breakfast and English tea can you send me

full price list of all your rooms for at least A two week stay (is there A difference in seasons),not sure of the time yet depends on work (I'm the tattooist)

don`t want to stay in Nakula now the gals have got to know me too well :WinkGrin1: not that you know your married :)

When I return I shall try to remember cathedral city cheese what strength would you like light,mature,extra mature,vintage

hey! maybe we could have a thread for goods to and from LOS :unsure: anyway thanks for everything Dave say hello to the guys for me,(never did get to hear the outcome of Derek (Axe mark in the crash helmet :Laugh1: )and the house. :LMFAO:

all the best

bedman :GoldenSmile1:

Hey Mark

Yes it was good to meet you mate and Derek will be an ongoing nightmare as it has been for the past couple of years, as for rooms all details and rates etc are on the website but you can always email me for a deal etc.

All the best Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hi Daveo,

I recently purchased the Paultain book (signed) and someone I know, wanted some books to read on his visit and found what he wanted at your shop at a very reasonable price.

My question is.... I have a few books (about 19 of them), that I have bought in bookshops in Thailand.

So, if I am looking to get a few books from you in return, is it best to sell the books I have outright to you and purchase more, or does it work out better to give over the books, get a credit and return that credit for other books.... or is there no difference either way?

Yes I tend to give more if you want credit for the books depending on the age, Author and condition but credit is your best option if you are going to buy books from us, if you come in try to make sure you see me as the staff are not so clued up so ask for me and I will offer you a good deal on them.

All the best Dave, ( mobile 086 575 4966 )

Dave,hold your horses,on the KPK Foods raffle prize.An attractive young lady won a TV,and i am still getting over delivering it to her condo,no nothing like that,it took me a long time because it was raining.

No problem Jo.

Yes I tend to give more if you want credit for the books depending on the age, Author and condition but credit is your best option if you are going to buy books from us, if you come in try to make sure you see me as the staff are not so clued up so ask for me and I will offer you a good deal on them.

All the best Dave, ( mobile 086 575 4966 )

Thanks, will do.

"So, if I am looking to get a few books from you in return, is it best to sell the books I have outright to you and purchase more, or does it work out better to give over the books, get a credit and return that credit for other books"

As a guide, I took four books into the shop today to exchange (bought elsewhere as yours are) and I was given 200b credit for them. I bought two books for a total of 260 baht, so paid 60 baht for the two.

I normally give more for credit than cash, it depends on the books, age, condition, Author etc, I often get guys bring in books they purchased from say Asia books for 350baht and I offer them say 50/60/70 baht in credit and they use that to buy our books, of course Asia books offer nothing at all.

Also I get guys who buy them in Charity shops or boot fairs for maybe 20p and I may give 50 baht credit again depending on the books so they get to read them and then make money on them.

Of course of the 2 you bought today @ 260 baht you will receive 130 baht credit when you have finished with them.

Thailand fever.jpg

Daveo

You asked me to remind you about the next...... Beatlemania @ Silverlake

Sat. 18 June 5pm - 10pm

Includes wine 600 baht

Tel.089 896 5166

I bought 3 books from you on mon 460 baht, and said i would bring back 4 books previously bought from you tomorrow. I got a credit note for 300 baht, i thought i would get cash.....silly me.I just hope i dont lose the credit note.

I now have 530 baht worth of books to look forward to.

HI Alan

Sorry if it was confusing, I hope you enjoy the books.

Cheers Dave

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study:

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

(No kidding, all of the above are true....)

But watch out for the side effects47EDC5E501DD4326A996326969BE42CC.jpg

This room has a large bedroom and separate lounge with balcony, en-suite, in room safe, sofa and recliner, table and chairs, 2 TV's 2 DVD players, large fridge Free Wifi, etc and some good deals between now and September where available.

4A (7) copy.jpg4A (5) copy copy.jpg4A (3).jpg4A (2) copy copy.jpg4A (8) copy.jpg4A (9) copy.jpg4A copy copy.jpg4A (1) copy.jpg

FINAL COVERweb.jpgBack Coverweb.jpg

Available now in the bookshop, brand new 240baht.

The Black Gentlemen of Trong Suan is an intriguing title for this self-published book written by John McMahon, about whom the book gives the reader no clues, Again intriguing.

It begins with the diary entries of a retired British manager, and a Bachelor. On a previous trip he meets the girl of his dreams, Young, university trained and one that our expat is sure he will happily live with forever after.

In his diary he wonders at the other expats he meets, some anyhow who seem to hate the Thais, they start drinking at 8 a.m. and generally despise the native life and customs, he is the opposite, revelling in the unspoiled Jungle and the sea where he shows his complete metamorphosis by skinny dipping.

However, that idyllic metamorphosis does not last, he assumes a new persona where he drinks at 8 a.m. and learns to hate the native population and joins the loose group of mainly British expats that meets every two weeks, these settlers call themselves the Black Gentlemen, feeling that they are similar to the black population in the British Isles - aliens and outnumbered.

As the degradation of the expat continues unabated, the reader is left thinking, “There but for the grace of God go I”, in some ways quite terrifying in the accuracy of his thumbnail sketches.

This diary ends one quarter of the way through the book, and it then becomes more of a narrative, still with the Black Gentlemen and their adopted home as the central characters.

Into this outpost of expat misfits comes the mysterious newcomer called Crispas, a young man skilled in physical pursuits, handy with spanners and with a beautiful girlfriend in tow, He does not fit the mold of the Black Gentlemen.

The plot is wonderfully detailed, Author McMahon obviously understanding and recording all the subtle nuances of village life, as well as those of the expat society, you will find that you can relate to all these Black Gentlemen, even if the reader does not necessarily sympathize with them, however, the proof reader was not as eagle-eyed, with several literals in the book, “insuring” and “ensuring” being confused.

The back cover proclaims, “A diary changes hands at a dog fight in Burma enticing a young man to the south of Thailand in order to mimic the life of the diarist who retired to Trong Suan in the romance novel fashion with his young fiancée only to be beaten, robbed, debased and sent off like a leprous pervert.

The young man who comes into possession of the diary having talent, strength, money and charisma comes to the town and disrupts the delicate balance between the ex patriots and local population causing in the end an orgy of violence and death among over flowing drink, greed-mad looting and charred dog skewers at his own wedding party.”

I enjoyed this book, and the difference between this and others set in rural Thailand is enormous, this may be fiction, but it is no flattering tale, in some ways it reminds me of Dan Dorothy’s Mango Rains with its brutal reality.

• 1 month later...

You obviously made him feel very welcome Daveo :D

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07/11/business/Snooker-Jimmy-White-buys-holiday-home-in-Pattaya-30159989.html

Snooker Jimmy White buys holiday home in Pattaya

By The Nation

Published on July 11, 2011 30159989-01.jpg

Jimmy White, one of the world's snooker legends, recently purchased a holiday home in Pattaya after a number of visits to Thailand and the resort city.

The new holiday home for the snooker, who has won a total of 23 professional titles and competed in the finals of six snooker World Championships, purchased a unit at The Palm Wongamat Beach, a newly launched luxury beachfront condominium project in Pattaya.

"The choice was easy, I bought in the best location. After a lot of research and hunting for a holiday home, The Palm met all my requirements. Wongamat is one of my favourite beaches in Pattaya and The Palm's beachfront location is ideal. I can enjoy excellent sea views from my unit, the facilities are extensive and the price is right," said White, in a statement released today by CB Richard Ellis (Thailand).

The property consultant firm added that developed by Nova Group, the Bt3.2 billion Palm Wongamat Beach comprised 544 units set in two high-rise towers. Almost 70 per cent was sold after the opening of pre-sales six months ago, with 65 per cent of the buyers being foreigners. The firm recently completed an en bloc transaction of 80 units to a Hong Kong investor.

CB Richard Ellis noted that there is strong foreign demand in Pattaya driven mainly by non-resident Europeans, particularly Russians who are looking to purchase affordable luxury holiday homes. There is also a significant portion of Thais who have purchased for a combination of a holiday home and as an investment, with several purchasing multiple units as the project is perceived as offering value for money.

It noted that this shows Pattay bouncing back again to become a hot spot for condominium buyers.

"In CBRE's view, Pattaya's strategic location will continue to be a key driver for growth in tourism and its property market. It is the closest beachside town to Bangkok and is just over an hour's drive, it has all the amenities one wants - shopping, good food, quality five-star hotels and properties, golf courses, and beaches. These factors combined makes Pattaya well positioned for further growth," the consultant firm said in the statement.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Yes I saw the massive bill board on the way back from BKK the other day and Jimmy is opening a snooker lounge combined with the pig & whistle in Jomtien so I guess he is planning his retirement.

What better place to retire.

• 1 month later...

I prefer these

IAC-JIMMY-WHITE-200x300 copy.jpg

JIMMY WHITE (1aaa) copy.jpg

Spewing i didnt know of your existence last time i was in Patts but will definetely drop in next time i'm in town. Bought my books last time from the bookshop at The Avenue but you seem to have a much wider selection.

Could not believe as to how cheap books are in Patts compared to australia where we get fucken ripped off everywhere we turn.

New release books in oz up to 1300 baht is a joke and i refuse to pay that any more and instead search around in second hand shops in sydney.

Yes we get many of the latest novels in as people at least get something back from us where the big stores offer no return or credit, many books come in that were 350 baht etc in Asia books and I give some credit fort them and then offer them for around 140baht on average, then you still receive 50% of that back in credit when you return the book so you get to read a wide selection of books for maybe 70/80 baht each, and we also give credit or buy for cash books from absolutely anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally we have a few copies of Jimmy Whites autobiography left, Signed of course

• 10 months later...

Still looking for books so if you have any to trade, sell etc please drop by or pm me.

Cheers Dave

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Iggy

Yes Love Tommy's stuff, dont make them like that anymore

• 2 weeks later...

Still want your unwanted books, will buy for cash or trade, 1000's available in the Bookshop, many languages, many subjects, best stocked used Bookshop in Pattaya, many of the Thai related books new and used for much less than Asia Books etc.

TOP BOOKS 3a copy.jpg223.jpg