Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

Bloodline by Mark Billingham

Traded in @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, #Pattaya.

DI Tom Thorne is back...

It seems like a straightforward domestic murder until a bloodstained sliver of X-ray is found clutched in the dead woman's fist and it quickly becomes clear that this case is anything but ordinary.

Thorne discovers that the victim's mother had herself been murdered fifteen years before by infamous serial killer Raymond Garvey.
The hunt to catch Garvey was one of the biggest in the history of the Met, and ended with seven women dead.

$$$$$$$$$$$$04531.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

So you buy a book from Asia books, maybe 400baht, you read the book and are done with it, what do Asia books offer, nothing.........so you can trade it into Canterbury Tales Book exchange and we will give a reasonable price in credit for it, depending on age, Author, if an old book - it's condition, better than nothing? also all books bought from us on returning them you receive 50% of the purchase price off the next book/s chosen.......we call it recycling.....

50% small (4).jpg

Bangkok Babylon by Jerry Hopkins.

Traded in @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, #Pattaya.

The Real Life Exploits of Bangkok's Legendary Expatriates are often Stranger than Fiction.

In the colorful tradition of Hemingway's A Movable Feast, Jerry Hopkins recalls his first decade as a Bangkok expatriate by profiling 25 of the city's most unforgettable characters.
Among them are the man thought to be the model for Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, an advertising executive who photographs Thai bargirls for Playboy, an Oscar-winning screenwriter who moved there to die, a Catholic priest who has lived and worked in the Bangkok slums for 35 years, a circus dwarf turned computer programmer turned restaurateur, three Vietnam war helicopter pilots who opened a Go-Go bar, a pianist at one of the world's best hotels who ended up on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list, a detective who tracks runaways who fake their deaths and a documentary filmmaker who lives with elephants.
All of them "escaped" to Thailand to reinvent themselves and live out their fantasies in one of the world's most notorious cities.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$577.jpg

Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid

Meet Tony Hill's most twisted adversary, a killer with a shopping list of victims, a killer unmoved by youth and innocence, a killer driven by the most perverted desires.

When teenager Jennifer Maidment's murdered and mutilated body is discovered, it is clear that there is a dangerous psychopath on the loose.
But it's not long before Tony and DCI Carol Jordan realise it's just the start of a brutal and ruthless campaign targeting an apparently unconnected group of young people.
Their chameleon like killer is chatting with them online, pretending to share their interests and beliefs, and then luring them to their deaths.

$$$$$$$$$$$4110.jpg

The Gilded Seal by James Twining

Determined to avenge his friend's death, former art thief Tom Kirk abandons his enquiry into the theft of a priceless Da Vinci and begins his own investigation into the gruesome murder. The evidence points to an old rival with a sadistic streak whom Tom discovers is about to commit the most audacious heist in history.

$$$$$$$$$$$016.jpg

Angels of Pattaya: Inside the Secret World of Thai Prostitution
by G.T. Gray

Angels of Pattaya offers a unique insight into the world of organised prostitution in Pattaya.
In their own words, the bar girls of Pattaya reveal how they became involved in vice, their lives, their hopes for the future and what they think of their “customers”. Many are poor and uneducated, others come from relatively well-to-do Thai families.
Some engage in prostitution out of desperation for money, others out of greed.
Some even view it as an easy lifestyle which allows them to drink and party all night and sleep until the afternoon.
A few say they hope to meet a good man who will take them away from prostitution.

1$$$$$$$$$$$$5510.jpg

God Save The Child by Robert B. Parker

Traded in @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, #Pattaya....

Appie Knoll is the kind of suburb where kids grow up right.
But something is wrong, 14 rear old Kevin Bartlett disappears. Everyone thinks he's run away, until the comic strip ransom note arrives.
It doesn't take Spenser long to get the picture, an affluent family seething with rage, a desperate boy making strange friends...friends like Vic Harroway, body builder.
Mr. Muscle is Spenser's only lead and he isn't talking, except with his fists.
But when push comes to shove, when a boy's life is on the line, Spenser can speak that language too.

$$$$$$$$$$$B0L.jpg

Untouchable by Gerald Seymour

Albert William Packer is the supreme baron of London crime. He rules his manor with a cruel, ruthless fist.
To those around him, on whatever side of the law, he is the Untouchable.

When another criminal case against him collapses, Packer turns his attention to expanding his heroin empire abroad. Where better to cut out the middle man than at the historic smuggling crossroads of Europe, the Balkans?
New men and women are drafted into Customs & Excise unit dedicated to convicting Packer.
Only one from the old team survives: the most junior, Joey Cann, retained solely for his obsessional knowledge of the man who calls himself 'Mister'.
When Packer leaves for Sarajevo, it is inevitable that Cann be sent after him for 'intrusive surveillance'.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$300.jpg

More than just a bookshop...

$$$$$$$$$10.jpg

The Last Boat To Samui by William Peskett.

Traded In recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange - Cafe * Guesthouse - #Pattaya.

Numchai is the most experienced ferry captain on the short route from the Thai mainland to the tourist island of Ko Samui. But while nothing has gone wrong before, tonight the ferry is drifting in mid channel with no power. 
At head office, Eek is manning the phones. 
Learning of the ferry’s predicament, he anticipates a crisis whose resolution is above his pay-grade. 
He calls the ferry company’s managing director at home. 
What ensues is a sensitive negotiation between the depressed sea-captain and an increasingly irate managing director, with Eek as the hapless go-between. As relations between Numchai and his boss go from bad to worse, the captain threatens to scuttle his ship.

han just a bookshop...

18425016_10156082397604307_8194006718657942222_n.jpg

Only 13 by Julia Manzanares & Derek Kent.

Traded in recently@ Canterbury Tales Book exchange * Guesthouse * Cafe, #Pattaya,

Only 13 is my life story at 13, I ran away from an impoverished, rural Thai village, only to become involved in the sex tourist industry meeting American and European men. Child prostitution was the only way that I could find to send money to my impoverished family.
My entrance into this world was selling my virginity, for which I earned $1,200.
I did this to make up for my father's death for which I was blamed, which occurred while he was searching for me, I also needed to pay for my sisters schooling so that they would never have to see sex tourists as I did.
I spent five years in the sex tourist industry in Thailand before marrying to go to Switzerland.
That trip lasted only 12 days. Upon returning to Thailand, I met up with a former customer who took me to Germany where I worked in a massage parlor, while at the age of 19, I looked only 15 years old, and received a premium from my customers.
Read on with Canterbury Tales Book exchange - Pattaya.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$jrTtrL.jpg

How the Vietnamese People's Army Was Founded;
by Trinh Vuong Hong & Nguyen Manh Ha.

Traded in recently@ Canterbury Tales Book exchange * Guesthouse * Cafe, #Pattaya,

Ministry of National defence, Vietnam, - Vietnam Institute of Military History....

$$$$$$$$XYL.jpg

Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown

Derren Brown's amazing television and stage performances have entranced and amazed millions.
His baffling tricks and stunning illusions have set new standards of what's possible, as well as causing controversy. Now, for the first time, he reveals the Secrets behind his craft.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$683.jpg

Coastal and Offshore Navigation by Tom Cunliffe

Once you're familiar with inshore navigation, the next step is to venture further afield.
This new edition of a bestseller gives the sailor, who has some knowledge of inshore work, a solid foundation in the arts of coastal and offshore navigation.

$$$$$$$$$$24-uk.jpg

Death Warrant: Kenneth Noye, the Brink's-Mat Robbery and the Gold by Will Pearson.

On a cold, grey morning in 1983, a gang of masked and armed men stole £26 million in gold bullion from the Brink's-Mat high-security warehouse.
The biggest robbery in British history, it unleashed a trail of murder, betrayal and revenge; forced a young woman into hiding for the rest of her life; and kick-started global money laundering.
In on the heist from the very first, Kenneth Noye helped turn the gold into cash and stabbed to death the undercover policeman sent to catch him.

$$$$$$$$$$$$502.jpg

*****WARNING*****

31301599_2156086464667759_7550482679224475799_n.jpg

31531543_1072151399604167_304225534441684992_n.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFEog.jpg

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by Stephenie Meyer..

Traded in recently@ Canterbury Tales Book exchange * Guesthouse * Cafe, #Pattaya,

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour the paperback edition Eclipse, the third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. 
As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. 
In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob, knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. 
With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$96LlL.jpg

24 Hours at Waterloo: 18 June 1815 by Robert Kershaw

'One of the lancers rode by, and stabbed me in the back with his lance.
I then turned, and lay with my face upward, and a foot soldier stabbed me with his sword as he walked by.
Immediately after, another, with his fire-lock and bayonet, gave me a terrible plunge, and while doing it with all his might, exclaimed, "Sacre nom de Dieu!" '

'Charge! Charge the guns!' shouted Colonel Hamilton, who was last seen galloping through the Grand Battery 'going at full speed, with the bridle-reins between his teeth', according to one witness, 'after he had lost his hands'.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$41449.jpg

First Into Action by Duncan Falconer.

The SBS was first into battle a month before the SAS in the Falklands War and again in the Gulf War, yet hitherto it is the SAS that has had by far the higher profile.
The SBS draws its manpower solely from the Marine Commando Units, and the Royal Marines are the oldest and most battle-honoured regiment in the world.
FIRST INTO ACTION is the first Special Boat Services memoir written from the inside.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$THL.jpg

Bad Blood by Linda Fairstein.

"Bad Blood" finds Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper deeply involved in a complicated, high profile homicide case. Defendant Brendan Quillian, a prominent young businessman, is charged with the brutal strangulation of his beautiful young wife, Amanda.
His conviction is not a certainty, Quillian was conveniently out of town on the day of the killing, and he has hired a formidable defense attorney who seems one step ahead of Cooper as the trial opens.
But with the help of detectives Mike Chapman and Mercer Wallace, she is confident she can prove Quillian paid a hit man to commit the crime.Halfway through the trial, a major catastrophe alters the course of Alex's case.

$$$$$$$$$$$-l300.jpg

Self-Defense by Jonathan Kellerman.

Kellerman's ninth novel starring psychologist/detective Alex Delaware provides chilling, riveting suspense.
A session of hypnotic regression is the start of a journey to frightening truth, as Alex finds a link between a young woman's recurring dream, her famous, reclusive father and the threat of murder.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$300 (1).jpg

The One That Got Away: My SAS Mission Behind Enemy Lines, by Chris Ryan

The British Army's Special Air Service is one of the world's premier special operations units.
During the Gulf War, deep behind Iraqi lines, an SAS team was compromised.
A fierce firefight ensued, and the eight men were forced to run for their lives.
Only one, Chris Ryan, escaped capture or death, and he did it by walking nearly 180 miles through the desert for seven days and eight nights.
This story features extraordinary courage under fire, narrow escapes, a battle against the most adverse physical conditions, and, above all, of one man's courageous refusal to lie down and die.

$$$$$$$$$$$$8849.jpg

The Street of Night by Lucia Guerra.....

It is Chile -1985, and the dictator has succeeded in stamping his absolute control on the military, the universities, the church . . . oh, and also on cemeteries, the city dump and clowns.
What subversives can be left on the unstoppable march forward of the Fatherland?
Just the whores, that strange, indecipherable and mysterious group of women who offer themselves for money.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$756_n.jpg

The Virtues of War: A Novel of Alexander the Great
by Steven Pressfield.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe / Guesthouse, #Pattaya

I have always been a soldier.
I have known no other life.
So begins Alexander’s extraordinary confession on the eve of his greatest crisis of leadership.
By turns heroic and calculating, compassionate and utterly merciless, Alexander recounts with a warrior’s unflinching eye for detail the blood, the terror, and the tactics of his greatest battlefield victories.
Whether surviving his father’s brutal assassination, presiding over a massacre, or weeping at the death of a beloved comrade in arms, Alexander never denies the hard realities of the code by which he lives, the virtues of war.

$$$$$$$$$$$16.jpg