IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

i have books.......i will bring them with me when i come.......i expect at least 2 to 5 dollars per book.

I have books . I'll bring them . I want at least a black pudding sandwich per book for them. LoL

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

kindles........maybe..never used one,,,,i prefer a book i think though......i tried using the computer to read a book..but i prefer a book.

• 2 weeks later...

i have books.......i will bring them with me when i come.......i expect at least 2 to 5 dollars per book.

Bring them Billy

I have books . I'll bring them . I want at least a black pudding sandwich per book for them. LoL

Better be good books then Gobby.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Bring them Billy

Better be good books then Gobby.

They are in Thai . But good quality

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

have this one yet?

2222222222222222222222222222.jpg

Yes its been in, out, in and out again,

Delivered today over 100 as new books & on the shelves now at a fraction of what they cost new, + the 50% credit refund when you bring them back,

some as follows.

Carabanchel by Christopher Chance

Image.jpg

This is a true story of survival in what was arguably the most sinister prison in Europe: the Carabanchel. Christopher Chance was the last Brit to be shackled and hauled out of that infamous Spanish hellhole before it closed its gates on decades of disgraceful cruelty. Along with the rest of the remaining inmates, he was transferred to another prison when the authorities slid back the bolts for the last time.

Chance's story begins on the day he entered the jail and encountered the innate racism of the prison staff and inmates. Intimidation and constant bullying by Spanish gypsies, gangsters and heroin dealers forced 'Chancer' to become ultra-violent in his quest to live unmolested during his stay, while psychotic prison officers peddled booze and drugs, and performed barbaric acts on inmates.

In Carabanchel, Chance tells how he forged a band of international brothers from the chaotic human rubble in order to survive. Men from all around the world joined forces against their common aggressors, the Spanish inmates. Chancer's gang became invincible in this cauldron of hate and fear; their numbers were few but their strength lay in the loyalty and respect they had for each other, combined with their courage and fighting skills. Chance highlights the fact that much international crime is planned in prison and strong business friendships are forged which last for years.

This harrowing tale is prison writing in the raw. The action remains unremittingly confined to the brutal, ugly and corrupt environment of the Carabanchel and rubs the noses of the politically correct brigade in the filth of the real world.

Maximum Security

512hSjPeZtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This book tells the stories of the world's harshest prisons, and the people on either side of the locked door. These pages are packed with accounts of repressive prison regimes and the people who fight against them, the vicious hierarchies that operate within the prison population, what it's like to be on Death Row, riots and hostage taking, violent abuse by both guards and inmates, plus daring escapes against the odds.

Both Sides of the fence by David Corbett

51H0K2J2B8L._SS500_.jpg

As one of a handful of UK police officers trained in SAS deep-cover surveillance, David Corbett infiltrates the toughest communities living among junkies, prostitutes, murderers and firearm dealers, in order to gather evidence that would lead to dozens of convictions.His rapport with hardened criminals was forged during his youth on the mean streets of Glasgow, where he ran with the gangs, joyriding and stealing. But when his friends began disappearing into borstals, Corbett decided it was time to take himself in hand and followed his father into the police force. His ability to mingle with gangsters was soon identified as an asset and, after serving time in the CID - where he was involved in investigating the murder of Arthur Thompson Junior, the son of Glasgow's Godfather - he became an undercover agent with the Crime Squad. He trained in urban and rural surveillance and invented a fictional past for himself. Like Donnie Brasco, the legendary US cop who won the trust of the Mafia, Corbett risked his life every day: one false move and his cover would have been blown. The pinnacle of his career was an operation in the former pit town of Blyth, where there had been 15 drug-related deaths in 12 months. Leaving his wife and family, he spent five months undercover, wired up, winning the confidence of the dealers, and had to cope with having his life endangered by a corrupt officer. Corbett's work led to 31 convictions and commendations from the Chief Constable and a Crown Court Judge but, without any form of counselling, the stress took its toll and he was forced into early retirement.

Cage Fighter by Ian Freeman

1844540367.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hit me first and that's when I turn psycho. I cracked him so hard that he fell against the wall behind him; that was the only thing that kept him up. He was so dazed that he turned to run away and just ran straight into the wall...Meet Ian Freeman...otherwise known as The Machine. A friend to keep close and an enemy to steer clear of, cross him and you will live to regret it. For Ian, violence is no glamorous profession, but a way of life.At 18 years of age, Ian's destiny changed forever, when he stepped in to help the victim of a brutal attack. Ian's bravery was rewarded by the gang of bullies turning their fists on him. He was beaten to within an inch of his life but escaped through sheer determination.From this point on, Ian became fighter rather than victim and The Machine was born. Soon he was running the doors of Sunderland's toughest nightclubs with an iron fist, but merely controlling his patch was not enough. Determined to be able to defend himself whatever the challenge, Ian quickly established himself as an unbeatable force in the fighting art of Vale Tudo - Portuguese for 'anything goes' - and rose to be Britain's finest heavyweight Mixed Martial Arts fighter.

Why Vietnam invaded Cambodia

7147YPK2TEL._SS500_.gif

On December 25, 1978, the armed forces of Vietnam launched a full-scale invasion of Cambodia. That event marked a turning point in the first and only extended war fought between two communist regimes. The Vietnamese forced out Pol Pot’s Khmers Rouge regime from its seat of power in Phnom Penh, but the ensuing war was a major source of international tension throughout the last decade of the Cold War.

This book is the first comprehensive, scholarly analysis of the causes of the Vietnamese invasion. At its core are two separate but related histories covering the years 1930 to 1978. The first concerns the continuing difficult relations between the Vietnamese communist party and the Cambodian communist movement. The second records the fluctuating and often conflicted relations between the Vietnamese communist party and the two most powerful communist states, the Soviet Union and China. These two histories are encased by a theoretical introduction and a conclusion that make clear the need for a “political culture” perspective on international relations.

The author argues that key events leading up to the Vietnamese invasion and occupation of Cambodia present a historical puzzle. Many important decisions made by both the Vietnamese and Cambodian leaders are inexplicable in terms of the “rational actor” assumptions that dominate contemporary international relations theory. Instead, the author argues, these decisions can be explained only if we understand the political cultures of the rival states.

Edited by Daveo

Some of the many Lonely Planet travel guids.

3957925997_c0716b8dbd.jpg9781741047219_500X500.jpg31l1sqGRoVL._SL500_AA300_.jpgLP-Cambodia.jpgLP_VietguideCover.jpglonely-planet-indonesia.JPG

And more of today's delivery

The open Gate Mercy by Father Joseph Maier.

Image (1).jpg

As the Parish Priest for the Catholic community living beside Bangkok’s main slaughterhouse and founder of the Human Development Foundation - Mercy Centre, Father Joe has been walking arm in arm with his brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, grannies, and children in the city’s slums for over 40 years.

In The Open Gate of Mercy, Father Joe recounts the stories of the people with whom he has shared his life’s work. Each story stretches our worldview and transports us to a universe where we witness the daily lives of slum residents. Father Joe’s mission follows the tradition of the ancient literary masters through his heartfelt examination of the human condition.

Father Joe guides us on a journey through the heart of a community that he’s devoted most of his life in serving. Always with love and respect, he shows us that in spite of a life devoid of privilege, everyone possesses an inner dignity.

From the land of Green Ghosts.

103148.jpg

Winner of the 2002 Kiriyama Prize in Nonfiction

In 1988 Dr John Casey, a Cambridge don visiting Burma, was told of a waiter in Mandalay with a passion for the works of James Joyce. Intrigued by this unlikely story, he visited the restaurant, where he met Pascal Khoo Thwe. The encounter was to change both their lives.

Pascal grew up as a member of the tiny, remote Kayan Padaung tribe, famous for their 'giraffenecked' women. The Padaung practiced a combination of ancient animist and Buddhist customs mixed with the Catholicism introduced by Italian missionaries. Theirs was a dream culture, a world in which ancestors were worshipped and ghosts were a constant presence. Pascal was the first member of his community ever to study English at university. But in Burma, English books were rare, and independent thought was discouraged. Photocopies of the few approved texts would be passed from student to student, while tuition consisted of lecturers reciting essays that the students learned by rote.

Within a few months of his chance meeting with Dr Casey, Pascal's world lay in ruins. Successive economic crises brought about by Burma's military dictatorship meant he had to give up his studies. The regime's repression grew more brutal, and Pascal's student-lover, who had become involved in the movement for democracy, was arrested, raped and finally murdered by the armed forces. Pascal fled to the Jungle, becoming a guerrilla fighter in the life-or-death struggle against the government and seeing many of his friends and comrades die in battle. At a moment of desperation, he remembered the Englishman he had met in Mandalay and wrote him a letter, with little expectation of ever receiving a reply.

Miraculously, the letter reached its destination on the other side of the world. Not only that, it would lead to Pascal's being rescued from the Jungle and enrolling to study English at Cambridge University, the first Burmese tribesman ever to do so.

From the Land of Green Ghosts is the autobiographical tale of a remarkable triumph of hope over despair, and of an encounter between two very different worlds. Hauntingly and poetically written, it unforgettably evokes the realities of life in modern-day Burma and one young man's long journey to freedom despite almost unimaginable odds.

Bangkok Days

9780865477322.jpg

A PASSIONATE, AFFECTIONATE RECORD OF ADVENTURES AND MISADVENTURES IN THE WORLD’S HOTTEST METROPOLIS

Tourists come to Bangkok for many reasons—a sex change operation, a night with two prostitutes dressed as nuns, a stay in a luxury hotel. Lawrence Osborne comes for the cheap dentistry. Broke (but no longer in pain), he finds that he can live in Bangkok on a few dollars a day. And so the restless exile stays.

Osborne’s is a visceral experience of Bangkok, whether he’s wandering the canals that fill the old city; dining at the No Hands Restaurant, where his waitress feeds him like a baby; or launching his own notably unsuccessful career as a gigolo. A guide without inhibitions, Osborne takes us to a feverish place where a strange blend of ancient Buddhist practice and new sexual mores has created a version of modernity only superficially indebted to the West. Bangkok Days is a love letter to the city that revived Osborne’s faith in adventure and the world.

Butterfly by Stephen Yang.

51B97oIaSwL.jpg

Butterfly explores love for sale in Southeast Asia and the sensuality of the twenty-six young ladies profiled in this erotic odyssey. sexual technique, travel, culture, history, politics, and Pattaya's wild celebration of Songkran. In Butterfly, our intrepid photojournalist is writing travel guides in Pattaya and Phnom Penh, shooting illustrations, and making love with pretty Thai and Vietnamese women every night. Butterfly is hot, relentless and explicit, a virtual Kama Sutra of sexual variations. . told in a man-to-man fashion. Author of ten guides to Southeast Asian destinations, Yang has woven a treasure of travel information into this erotic tour de force.

Bangkok Bob & the missing Mormon

9869961.jpg

Long-term Bangkok resident and former New Orleans cop Bob Turtledove has the knack of getting people out of difficult situations.

So when a young man from Utah goes missing in Bangkok, his parents are soon knocking on Bob’s door asking for help.

But what starts out as a simple missing person case takes a deadly turn as Bangkok Bob’s search for the missing Mormon brings him up against Russian gangsters, hired killers, corrupt cops and kickboxing thugs.

And he learns that even in the Land of Smiles, people can have murder on their minds.

And More

The teapot dome scandal by Laton McCartney

teapot-dome-scandal-how-big-oil-bought-harding-laton-mccartney-paperback-cover-art.jpg

In this amazing and at times ribald story, Laton McCartney tells how Big Oil handpicked Warren G. Harding, an obscure Ohio senator, to serve as our twenty-third president. Harding and his “oil cabinet” made it possible for cronies to secure vast fuel reserves that had been set aside for use by the U.S. Navy. In exchange, the oilmen paid off senior government officials, bribed newspaper publishers, and covered the GOP campaign debt. When news of the scandal finally emerged, the consequences were disastrous. Drawing on contemporary records newly made available to McCartney, The Teapot Dome Scandal reveals a shocking, revelatory picture of just how far-reaching the affair was, how high the stakes, and how powerful the conspirators–all told in a dazzling narrative style.

Palm Reading for Beginners.

9781567187915_300W.jpg

Just imagine that you sit down at a bare table. You have no crystal balls, Tarot cards, runes, or any other tools. One by one, people come up to you and you amaze them with your knowledge of who they are – their hopes, goals, and desires – and your predictions for change in their lives. Sound amazing? You can do it with a little practice and Richard Webster's Palm Reading for Beginners.

Just as a bit of DNA can tell you volumes about a person, so, too, can looking at a person's palms tell you about his or her past, present and future. Palm reading actually entails examining the entire hand. A good palmist will use the flexibility and the shape of the hand and fingers as well as the famous lines to interpret for a person. Such a palm reader will also look at everything from marks on the hand to skin color, and even if there is any hair on the back of the hand to give a reading. You can be that palmist.

There are three things that really set this book apart. First, it has fifty clear illustrations that indicate all of the lines and shapes and where you'll find them on the hand. Second, this book goes into timing, giving you the ability to determine when important events happened in the past and when they will happen in the future. And third, using actual examples, Webster shows you how to put all of the separate items of information together to give a fascinating, in-depth reading.

If you have ever stared at your hand, wondering if those lines had any meaning, this book explains it all. If you have ever been amazed at the ability of a good palmist and wanted to be able to read palms, too, this book will get you started. And if you want to be able to add even more features to the readings you already give, this book is a must.

Eight Great Tragedies

eight-great-tragedies-sylvan-barnet-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Eight Great Tragedies General Introduction

Part One: The Tragedies

Aeschylus: Prometheus Bound, translated by E. A. Havelock

Sophocles: Oedipus the King, translated by J. T. Sheppard

Euripides: Hippolytus, translated by F. L. Lucas

William Shakespeare: King Lear

Henrik Isben: Ghosts, translated by William Archer

August Strindberg: Miss Julie, translated by C. D. Locock

William Butler Yeats: On Baile's Strand

Eugene O'Neill: Desire under the Elms

Part Two: The Essays

Aristotle: From The Poetics, translated by L. J. Potts

David Hume: Of Tragedy

Ralph Waldo Emerson: The Tragic

E. M. W. Tillyard: From Shakespeare's Problem Plays

I. A. Richards: From Principles of Literary Criticism

Joseph Wood Krutch: From The Tragic Fallacy

A Note on the Greek Theater

Bibliography

A Companion to Marx's Capitol.

9781844673599-frontcover.jpg

The radical geographer guides us through the classic text of political economy.

“My aim is to get you to read a book by Karl Marx called Capital, Volume 1, and to read it on Marx’s own terms…”

The biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression has generated a surge of interest in Marx’s work in the effort to understand the origins of our current predicament. For nearly forty years, David Harvey has written and lectured on Capital, becoming one of the world’s most foremost Marx scholars.

Based on his recent lectures, this current volume aims to bring this depth of learning to a broader audience, guiding first-time readers through a fascinating and deeply rewarding text. A Companion to Marx’s Capital offers fresh, original and sometimes critical interpretations of a book that changed the course of history and, as Harvey intimates, may do so again.

The new Imperialism by David Harvey

1.JPG

People around the world are confused and concerned. Is it a sign of strength or of weakness that the US has suddenly shifted from a politics of consensus to one of coercion on the world stage? What was really at stake in the war on Iraq? Was it all about oil and, if not, what else was

involved? What role has a sagging economy played in pushing the US into foreign adventurism? What exactly is the relationship between US militarism abroad and domestic politics? These are the questions taken up in this compelling and original book. In this closely argued and clearly written book,

David Harvey, one of the leading social theorists of his generation, builds a conceptual framework to expose the underlying forces at work behind these momentous shifts in US policies and politics. The compulsions behind the projection of US power on the world as a "new imperialism" are here, for

the first time, laid bare for all to see.

More still.........

The Giant book of bad guys

1845297520.1.zoom.jpg

Completely revised in a new B format paperback, Graham Harvey provides a concise, practical guide on how food can be grown in truly nutritious ways, the crucial importance of minerals in the soil and how to tell what's good and what isn't. Harvey explains not only why our food is in such a parlous state but how we can change what we eat and radically improve our health. This edition also contains: a comprehensive listings of outlets where readers can find the best foods; advice on 'How to give up the supermarket habit'; sections headed 'Which Foods to Buy' that help the reader to make the choice of which food is real food full of nutrients and which isn't; and, a new chapter on bio-fuels - attacking it the concept as a disastrous example of the agricultural industry's addiction to subsidies.

Naughty by Mark Chester.

51SSdOq5LAL._SS500_.jpg

In 1985, forty hooligan followers of Stoke City FC took a riotous trip to Portsmouth - and the Naughty Forty was born. It became one of the most notorious soccer gangs in Britain.

Mark Chester was a founder member of the N40. Expelled from school after an unsettled childhood, he joined the Staffordshire Regiment, only to be discharged for misconduct. Stoke City's emerging 'casual' mob became his family. 'Right or wrong, i was ready to become a committed football hooligan.'

Pivotal clashes with the likes of Everton, Manchester United and West Ham defined the new firm. Formidable characters came to the forefront, men like the giant Mark Bentley, Philler the Beast and the legendary Miffer.

The N40 code was simple: whatever the odds, they would always make a stand.

Soon they were joined by the Under-Fives, a younger element determined to win the acceptance from the terrace legends they admired.

Naughty is essential reading for anyone wishing to understand the illicit but seductive lure of terrace combat, the emotional ties of a gang and the addictive buzz of Saturday afternoons.

Essex Boys.

images.jpg

ESSEX BOYS is the brand new edition of the shocking bestseller known as SO THIS IS ECSTASY?. It is the true story of the rise of one of the most violent and successful criminal gangs of the 90's whose reign of terror was finally terminated when the three leaders were brutally murdered in their Range Rover one winter's evening. On their way they had built the drug-dealing organisation that which supplied the pill that killed Leah Betts. They were responsible for a wave of intimidation, beatings and murder. Until, it seems, they took one step too far. Now there is compelling evidence that the men convicted of shooting the dead men are innocent. Which means the real murderers are still at large. Bernard O'Mahoney was a key member of what has been one of the most feared gangs of the decade. His inside account of their cold-blooded violence reveals that facts can be more terrifying than fiction.

The Bus stop killer

A68737A9-5757-418F-A870-AF73979B96FBImg100.jpg

On 23 Jun 2011 the convicted double-murderer Levi Bellfield was found guilty of the murder of 13-year-old school girl Milly Dowler. Milly disappeared on her way home from school in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey in 2002. Six months later her body was discovered many miles away. A massive police investigation, the largest manhunt in Surrey's history, got nowhere. Only when nightclub bouncer and bare-knuckle boxer Levi Bellfield was arrested for the murder of another young woman did it become clear to police that they had a serial killer on their hands. This is the full story of the murders, the victims and the pain-staking nine-year investigation and trial by police and prosecutors. It tells of Bellfield's terrifying, controlling personality - a man who went from charming to monstrous in the blink of an eye - and his depraved stalking of young women. It is a terrifying portrait of the only man in modern British legal history to be given two whole-life sentences.

Serial Killers by Brian Innes

9781905204977.jpg

They are probably the most notorious and infamous of all multiple murders, yet these are the very same criminals that continue to fascinate us more than any other. Sometimes it is the sheer callous deliberation that seems to capture the public's attention; other times, the macabre double-life led by many such slaughterers. Although the phenomenon has probably existed throughout human history, it is only the advancement of modern police detection methods and psychological profiling, as explained throughout this book, that have identified the deadly category now known as serial killers. From Jack the Ripper, Erszabet Batory, the countess vampire, and Big and Little Harpe to Ted Bundy, the Son of Sam and Jeffrey Dahmer, the whole era of the serial killer is unveiled here. These killers transfix us with an image of an apparently civilized society within which extremely intelligent and rational individuals can commit seemingly random, utterly savage acts of cruelty and depravity. It may well be the darkest side of human activity, but there can be little doubt that the killers listed and described in these pages remain horribly fascinating - sometimes enigmatic and inexplicable - but always terrifyingly gripping.

Talking with Serial killers.

421358.jpg

An investigative criminologist, Christopher Berry-Dee is a man who talks to serial killers. In this book, their pursuit of horror and violence is described in their own words, transcribed from audio and videotape interviews conducted deep inside some of the toughest prisons in the world. Berry-Dee describes the circumstances of his meetings with some of the world's most evil men, and reproduces their very words as they describe their crimes and discuss their remorse—or lack of it. This work offers a penetrating insight into the workings of the criminal mind.

Gang of One by Gary Mulgrew.

9781444737905.jpg

GANG OF ONE is the remarkable true story of one man's journey from a Glasgow orphanage to a notorious gang-infested prison in Texas. Driven by his Desire to return to his son in England and haunted by the increasingly frustrating search for his missing daughter, Gary Mulgrew attempts the impossible task of surviving the prison's gang culture. Told with wit and humanity, GANG OF ONE shows a man constantly confronted by the moral and physical challenges of prison life, where everyone is encouraged to turn their back and 'see nuthin". Gary's choice - to walk away and let a man die, or intervene and lose the chance to get home - makes GANG OF ONE a book as unforgettable as it is enthralling.

Boys from the Mersey.

boys-from-the-mersey.jpg

Nicky Allt was a skint teenager from the tough Kirkby district of Liverpool who wanted something more when no-one would `gizza job'. And in the late Seventies that meant clothes, music - and Liverpool FC. He joined a young scallywag crew who dressed different, spoke different and met at the Anfield Road End. Their travels would become legend as the Reds conquered Europe.

The Road Enders were a motley assortment of jibbers, blaggers and fighters to whom every No Entry sign was a challenge and every price tag a joke. They criss-crossed the Continent with Adidas bags and a few quid between them, fighting, joking, thieving and `bunking in' to every match - and had the times of their lives.

`It's all about wanting to see a bit of life and being held down or held back by your own social background, being absolutely determined to not let a lack of cash tie you down to the Job Centre. IT'S REBELLION, simple as that.'

The Boys From the Mersey is the authentic voice of the sharpest, roughest and funniest bunch of football lads around and of how they changed the face of terrace culture.

The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz.

the-man-who-broke-into-auschwitz.jpg

Published 2011

THE MAN WHO BROKE INTO AUSCHWITZ is the extraordinary true story of a British soldier who marched willingly into Buna-Monowitz, the concentration camp known as Auschwitz III.

In the summer of 1944, Denis Avey was being held in a POW labour camp, E715, near Auschwitz III. He had heard of the brutality meted out to the prisoners there and he was determined to witness what he could.

He hatched a plan to swap places with a Jewish inmate and smuggled himself into his sector of the camp. He spent the night there on two occasions and experienced at first-hand the cruelty of a place where slave workers, had been sentenced to death through labour.

Astonishingly, he survived to witness the aftermath of the Death March where thousands of prisoners were murdered by the Nazis as the Soviet Army advanced. After his own long trek right across central Europe he was repatriated to Britain.

For decades he couldn't bring himself to revisit the past, but now Denis Avey feels able to tell the full story - a tale as gripping as it is moving - which offers us a unique insight into the mind of an ordinary man whose moral and physical courage are almost beyond belief.

The Dammed United.

The-Damned-United-Book-Cover.jpg

Brian Clough's forty-four-day tenure as manager of Leeds United in 1974 is one of the most infamous episodes in British football history.

While the bestselling The Damned United was a fictional account of Clough's short-lived but controversial reign at the club, We Are the Damned United reveals the true story, as told by the players he managed at the time.

It includes candid contributions from legendary names such as Peter Lorimer, Eddie Gray and Terry Yorath, who reveal what it was like to make the transition from the relatively smooth management style of Don Revie to a constant crossing of swords with the outspoken Clough, who left the club flailing at the foot of the league upon his premature departure.

We Are the Damned United tells it how it really was rather than how it might have been.

Knockin on Joe, Voices from Death row.

3292.jpg

Behind the walls of the condemned there are voices waiting to be heard...'Knockin' On Joe' tells stories of crime and punishment, of violence and pain. Of mortal sin and the suffering of the human soul, both blameless and guilty. From deep inside America's death rows and maximum security prisons come the voices of G.J. Schaefer, Robert Fieldmore Lewis, Wayne Henderson, Mark Defriest, Carl Panzram, (the original "killer author" writing here of his incredible worldwide murder spree), Ottie Toole (sidekick to Henry Lee Lucas), Danny Rolling, Joseph O'Dell. Not a book for the faint-hearted.

Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja:

Thailand's Illegal Economy and Public Policy.

2296724-M.jpg

Military Mavericks.

51PFBoJtdUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The maverick personality commands fascinated attention It's the mavericks who shape military history in unexpected ways Wide historical range of subjects Episodic, stand-alone narratives.

Football and Gangsters: How Organised Crime Controls the Beautiful Game.

897043-M.jpg

Who controls football in Britain today? The FA? The clubs? The fans? The shocking reality is that organised crime is moving in more aggressively than a Wayne Rooney tackle and there's little the authorities can do about it.

Football and Gangsters is a revealing investigation into how organised crime has begun to take hold behind the scenes of professional football. Michael Owen, Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Fowler are just some of the sport's big names to have fallen foul of the game's godfathers and paid the price. Their alarming stories are told here.

Criminal organisations have manoeuvred themselves into a position of power in football. Drug dealers launder money by buying clubs; hooligan gangs have muscled their way into the boardroom; and the influence of Asian betting rings continues to grow. Through a series of dangerous undercover investigations, along with interviews with players, club officials, police and the underworld figures responsible, the sensational evidence is laid bare in this book.

The Devil, Britain's Most Feared Underworld Taxman

Drug dealers beware. The Devil is coming to get you.

img (1).jpg

Gangster Stephen French invented the perfect crime: robbing drug barons of their huge fortunes. In SAS-style swoops, French raided their fortified mansions and tortured them with horrifying violence until they paid up. Through 'taxing' the richest and most powerful crimelords in the UK, he netted over �20 million.

French was no ordinary criminal. He was a world-champion fighter, he studied psychology at university to master mind-control techniques, and he used the teachings of Machiavelli and samurai warriors to outwit his enemies. The Devil also reveals French's complex relationship with Curtis Warren, the wealthiest criminal in British history. The two were childhood pals, then partners and finally bitter enemies.

Now a legitimate businessman, French built up a multimillion-pound empire. Having eventually turned his back on his former life, he is now seeking to set the record straight.

Boxing hall of Shame.

download.jpg

n Boxing's Hall of Shame, Thomas Myler tells the inside stories of the real fight game. He reveals the sport's heroes and villains, mobsters and fixers, its shame and sorrows, providing the reader with a ringside seat at boxing's greatest and most controversial contests along the way. This no-holds-barred volume includes the enraged Mike Tyson taking a chunk out of Evander Holyfield's ear; Roberto Duran's baffling retirement against Sugar Ray Leonard; the Riddick Bowe-Andrew Golota fiasco that ended in an ugly full-scale riot; Sonny Liston - whose mobster background was not unknown to boxing authorities - going down under Muhammad Ali's phantom punch; and Jake LaMotta's botched dive against Billy Fox, which turned the 'Raging Bull' into boxing's bad boy overnight. Boxing's Hall of Shame sensationally revisits the boxing scandals, the fixed fights and the powerful influence of the underworld, taking the reader behind the scenes of the glove sport to reveal the shady underbelly of boxing through the ages.

Unsung hero by Kevin Fulton.

images (1).jpg

Kevin Fulton's story is shocking and unique. He is the only double agent to have infiltrated the upper echelons of the Provisional IRA and agreed to tell his shocking story. No known spy has spent longer within the organisation or risen higher in its ranks than Kevin.In order to maintain his cover within one of the world's most feared terrorist groups, Fulton was forced to take part in some of its most heinous crimes, including making bombs that would kill and maim. So highly was he thought of by the IRA leaders that they made him a member of their feared internal police - ironically, his job was now to root out and kill informers.

Hoolifan, 30 years of hurt.

Image (4).jpg

Hoolifan is the story of one man, Martin King, and his experiences spanning three decades with the country's foremost soccer gang. Chelsea have always been at the cutting edge of football violence, and King himself was at the heart of the evolving Chelsea mob for some 30 years. From his first visit to a football ground in the early 1960s, he charts his development from a rattle-waving child through to a fully fledged member of the notorious Chelsea Shed in the 1970s and finally to his exploits as a key player in the most feared football gang of the 1980s and 1990s - the so-called Chelsea Headhunters.

King describes the leading characters of the various eras, not just from Chelsea but from across the country. He also records every clash, ambush and act of revenge in vivid detail, as well as the camaraderie and style of this most infamous soccer gang.

This is not just another book on the well-trodden subject of football hooliganism, as, unlike so many authors, Martin King makes no attempt to distance himself from the violence and leaves readers to draw their own conclusions.

At times provocative, often humorous and always honest, Hoolifan places the phenomenon of football hooliganism in its true social context.

Blades Business Crew: The Shocking Diary of a Soccer Hooligan Top Boy.

41G8CSQGBXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

With the help of other members of the Crew, Steve recounts stories of turbulent times on the terraces, from the 1960s right through to the present day. He explores how the scene of football violence started at Sheffield United and what it was like to be part of the early years and tells hair-raising stories such as the time acid was thrown at the fans on United's Kop; he speaks of the battles with Hull, Leeds, Cardiff, Spurs, Bristol City, Feyenoord and others - plus, of course, the never-ending war with neighbours Sheffield Wednesday. But this book is not just about the adventures (and misadventures) of the crew. The author offers an insight into the lows as well as the highs of being at the heart of the action. As well as the camaraderie, the battles of wits with the police and the exhilarating toe-to-toe battles with the opposition, the author also examines the flip-side of the firms such as the growing use of weapons in hooligan gangs and the tragedy that unfolded at Heysel. This informative account leaves no stone unturned - some of it may shock you but it is certainly not short on excitement. As Steve himself says: 'Football violence is not big and it's not clever. It's not worth getting into nowadays but you can bet your arse I loved every minute of it and if I could love it all again, I would - with bells on.'

Mean Streets by Barry Duggan.

MEAN STREETS - LIMERICK'S GANGLAND.JPG

World’s leading marketplace. Books. Mean Streets: Limericks Gangland Mean Streets Limericks Gangland NEW Barry Duggan | eBay Find best value and selection for your Mean Streets Limericks Gangland NEW Barry Duggan search on eBay. Amazon.com: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland (9781847171443. Tommy Mccartney | Facebook To connect with Tommy, sign up for Facebook. . AbeBooks Rare & Collectible Books: Audible Download Audio Books: Book. Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Amazon.co.uk: Barry Duggan: Books ‘Duggan puts all the pieces of an often confusing jigsaw together with considerable skill’ ( Limerick Leader ) ‘insightful’ ( Limerick Post ) ‘a probing insight into. Amazon.co.uk: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Explore similar items Amazon.co.uk: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Explore similar items. ‘insightful’ — Limerick Post ‘a probing insight into Limerick gang culture’ — The Kerryman ‘compelling’ — Irish Independent ‘the stories of lost lives and broken

The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer.

597751.jpg

World’s leading marketplace. Books. Mean Streets: Limericks Gangland Mean Streets Limericks Gangland NEW Barry Duggan | eBay Find best value and selection for your Mean Streets Limericks Gangland NEW Barry Duggan search on eBay. Amazon.com: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland (9781847171443. Tommy Mccartney | Facebook To connect with Tommy, sign up for Facebook. . AbeBooks Rare & Collectible Books: Audible Download Audio Books: Book. Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Amazon.co.uk: Barry Duggan: Books ‘Duggan puts all the pieces of an often confusing jigsaw together with considerable skill’ ( Limerick Leader ) ‘insightful’ ( Limerick Post ) ‘a probing insight into. Amazon.co.uk: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Explore similar items Amazon.co.uk: Mean Streets: Limerick’s Gangland: Explore similar items. ‘insightful’ — Limerick Post ‘a probing insight into Limerick gang culture’ — The Kerryman ‘compelling’ — Irish Independent ‘the stories of lost lives and broken.

John Wayne Gacy.

gacy.jpg

I'll admit it. I like non-fiction and I like true crime books. I'd rather read about a real killer than read a mystery. I started reading, "John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster" by Sam Amirante thinking it would be a true crime book in the vein of "In Cold Blood", but it turned out to be a little different and very interesting indeed. It was one of those books that I couldn't stop reading and I was constantly thinking about while I was reading it.

"John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster" was written by Sam Amirante who was one of Gacy's defense lawyers during his trial. The book begins by going into detail about Gacy's final victim and murder and then goes into detail about Gacy's life story. Then the book tells the story of the police investigation and the eventual trial. The story of the police investigation was fascinating. The police had searched his house several times and followed him for months but couldn't find any evidence that he had done anything wrong. What ended up turning the investigation around was a receipt from a set of pictures to be developed that they found in Gacy's garbage. From that one receipt the police detectives were able to prove that the last victim had been at Gacy's house. If they hadn't investigated where the receipt came from he might still be free.

Where the book got interesting for me was during the trial. Before he was apprehended by the police, John Wayne Gacy confessed his crimes to Sam Amirante in his office late one night. Sam Amirante knew he was defending a dangerous serial killer. The book gets into the question that I've often asked myself, "how could anyone defend someone like that in a trial? Especially if you knew they were guilty?"

Sam Amirante answers this question in a very patriotic american way. In his opinion the american system of justice is the greatest system developed in the entire world. Where even a dangerous serial killer can get a fair trial. He makes it very clear that he had no intention of trying to set Gacy free, or getting him off in some way. That wasn't his job. His job was to make sure his client was treated fairly, that the rule of the law was followed, and that Gacy got the sentence he deserved. This book really did make me rethink the role of the defense lawyer in our justice system.

What was also fascinating to me was how the book ended. Sam Amirante ended up being a judge and only recently retired. While he was a judge he fought to change the laws and procedures for how police departments investigate missing children cases. One of the difficulties facing police during their investigations of Gacy was that police departments had to wait 72 hours before beginning a search for a missing person. Judge Sam Amirante fought to have this changed in the case of minors. Ultimately his hard work for this cause ended up creating our current Amber Alert system. At the end of the book he argues that this was a direct result of being involved in the Gacy case and seeing a flaw in the system. Police had to have the ability to look for missing children right away. He ends the book by stating that Gacy's victims didn't die in vain because of this. Thus, this book about one of the most horrible killers in history, ended with a reflective and positive note. If you are interested in a true crime story that much more to offer I would highly recommend this book.

captureqcw.jpg

The Killer Book of Serial Killers: Incredible Stories, Facts and Trivia from the World of Serial Killers by Tom Philbin

The Killer Book of Serial Killers is the ultimate resource (and gift) for any true crime fan and student of the bizarre world of serial killers. Filled with stories, trivia, quizzes, quotes, photos, and odd facts about the world's most notorious murderers, this is the perfect bathroom reader for anyone fascinated with serial killers.

The stories and trivia cover such killers as:

* John Wayne Gacy

* Ted Bundy

* The BTK Killer

* Jack the Ripper

* The Green River Killer

* Serial killers around the world

* And many more

The Mammoth Book of True Crime.

x309.jpg

This collection has over 70 chapters which deal with such subjects as arson; blackmail and conmen; mass murder, mad messiahs and murderous millionaires; sabotage, stick-ups and suicide.

Druglord

Guns, Powder and Pay-Offs

img (2).jpg

When ruthless drug baron John Haase was sentenced to 18 years' imprisonment for heroin-trafficking in 1995, it was a major victory for Customs and the police. But in a shock move, after Haase and his partner Paul Bennett had served only 11 months, then Home Secretary Michael Howard signed a Royal Pardon for their release.

Howard defended his decision by revealing that Haase and Bennett had become invaluable informants. But Haase had in fact duped the authorities, and far from being forced into hiding as a supergrass, he gained new kudos among the criminal underworld for beating the system so audaciously.

Graham Johnson interviewed Haase at Whitemoor prison and has obtained a copy of his sworn affidavit revealing the truth behind the Royal Pardon scandal. Allegations of huge bribes, mass fabrication of evidence and dark powers at the heart of the justice system make this an explosive expos� of Britain's number-one drug kingpin.

very disapointed ,nothing on how to take game illegally :D i will be calling in for a beer soon mate ,ATB

thanks for posting the whole bookshop...............hope they send you a bill for advertising/

thanks for posting the whole bookshop...............hope they send you a bill for advertising/

Only have the Pheasant plucker, not such a common subject out here, & Billy hardly the whole bookshop, just a few recent acquisitions, informing readers of some of the latest books.

Football - Bloody Hell!: The Biography Of Alex Ferguson.

football-bloody-hell-the-biography-of-alex-ferguson.jpg

The true biography of Sir Alex Ferguson has yet to be written. Until now. Alex Ferguson is the most fascinating and controversial figure in football today. He is also the most successful. His twenty-five-year tenure of the Manchester United dugout has seen him win everything there is to be won in football, many times over. His reign as manager has led to the rise of Manchester United to becomethe biggest football club in the world. This book, written by the award-winning and critically acclaimed Patrick Barclay, will fill in the gaps left by the Ferguson's own book, Managing My Life (1999). Everyone who bought that book will want Barclay's comprehensive, objective analysis of Ferguson, the good and the bad, and the occasionally ugly and it will also appeal hugely to those outside the Manchester United extended family for whom Ferguson has often acted as a red rag. Having known Ferguson for a quarter of a century, Barclay believes him to be generous-spirited as well as ruthless and relentlessly competitive; in such an almost larger-than-life character, there is room for countless facets. And it is these facets that Barclay seeks to explore and explain. Leaving no stone unturned, Barclay has spoken with everyone who knows Ferguson best; former players, fellow managers, friends and foes. The result is Football Bloody Hell!, the definitive, objective account of this fascinating man.

Keane: The Autobiography.

roy-keane-autobiography.jpg

From a Cork childhood to the World Cup finals, the story of football's toughest competitor. Love him or hate him, Roy Keane is the inspiration behind Manchester United FC's success over the past nine years. A relentless, aggressive midfield general, Keane has epitomized United's winning approach on the field - at times bringing him into trouble with referees, other managers and, of course, the Football Association. He's also been in trouble off the pitch as well, and it's good to see that these incidents have not been omitted. This book is bound to sell in huge quantities in the red half of Manchester, as well as the whole of Dublin, but United's national - and international - appeal to millions will ensure bumper sales figures for Canterbury Tales Bookshop.

David Beckham, My side.

344274.jpg

In England, where he spent ten seasons leading his storied club Manchester United and his nation to soccer glory, he is so wildly popular that his countrymen voted him the face they'd most want to see imprinted on their money. (Winston Churchill finished second.) In Japan, where he is worshiped as much for his headline-making fashion trends as for his ability to bend a ball around a wall of defenders, women styled their bikini waxes after the blond mohawk he sported during the 2002 World Cup. And in Spain, within days of his $41 million trade to Real Madrid, his new team received two million requests to buy his number 23 jersey. The legend of David Beckham -- soccer god, global sex symbol, style icon -- has been celebrated around the world, arguably more than Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan combined. Now, with the publication of his long-awaited autobiography, the man who inspired the surprise hit movie Bend It Like Beckham is set to conquer the last remaining outpost.

Cantona, My Story.

51g5ghDrm6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Eric Cantona's autobiography covers his controversial career in France, the impact he made when he arrived at Leeds United in 1992, and his subsequent transfer to Manchester United. The book also details his interest in poetry, art, philosophy and his fashion modelling.

Ryan Giggs.

0141024011.jpg

Ryan Giggs first played for Manchester United in the season before the Premiership began; back when Bryan Robson was still captain. He took possession of United's left wing and never loosened his grip. Over a fourteen year career so far, he's seen them all come and go: Cantona, Schmeichel, Beckham and the rest.

Sir Alex Ferguson said of Giggs 'I knew we had an outstanding talent when we gave him his debut.' That was back in 1991, but it remains as true in 2005 as it ever was. Giggs has been a pivotal figure in United's dominance of the Premiership. There have been rivals but no other team can match the their sustained record of success over recent years. And Giggs is the only player to have played in all eight of those title winning campaigns.

Off the pitch, Ryan Giggs has always closely guarded his private life. But here he opens up for the first time, sharing details of the sometimes turbulent childhood that shaped him and the relationships that have mattered to him to reveal the man behind the famous number 11 red shirt.

One thing seems clear: the Old Trafford crowd will be singing 'Giggs will tear you apart again!' for a few years yet.

Wayne Rooney, The way it is, My story.

518zBgptbmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wayne Rooney, the most talked about footballer in Britain, tells his own remarkable story, from his early years with his family growing up on the streets of Croxteth, about his relationship with Coleen McLoughlin, and about life in Manchester. It's all about a young man coming to terms with a career in the limelight - the good and the bad. What is the true story behind the most gifted yet often misunderstood character in the British game? Were there signs of things to come in his upbringing in the backstreets of Liverpool? What were the early influences that shaped his character? And how has the meteoric rise to fame and fortune affected this seemingly shy yet prodigiously gifted youngster? For the first time, Rooney opens up about the defining years of his life as the son of a working-class family, brought up in a council house with his Everton-mad family. There followed his first tentative steps in football, the triumphs and knockbacks along the way, the accolades that began to follow his every move as a young teenager, and destiny fulfilled on his Premiership debut for Everton at the tender age of 16. He describes how his life changed irrevocably when Alex Ferguson and Manchester United came calling in the summer of 2004, his dazzling efforts for England in the European Championships, a private life never far from the tabloid headlines, and the real story behind his relationship with partner Coleen McLoughlin. He reveals the anguish of the foot injury that threatened his participation in World Cup 2006, and how his determination led to a remarkable recovery in time to play a part in the group stage of the tournament. And he describes how his delight at playing again for his country turned to depair after his controversial sending-off in the quarter-final against Portugal and England's subsequent elimination in the penalty shoot-out. And in this updated paperback edition, he revisits the drama of United's Premiership-winning 2006/07 season and their tumultuous battles with Chelsea and giants AC Milan. This is the story in Rooney's own words. From the streets of Croxteth to the stadiums of Germany and beyond - a journey of a lifetime squeezed into a mere twenty-one years.

Wayne Rooney, considered one of the best Joke books around......

51jv2+zNI0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

football-bloody-hell-the-biography-of-alex-ferguson.jpg

roy-keane-autobiography.jpg

344274.jpg

51g5ghDrm6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

0141024011.jpg

51jv2+zNI0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

518zBgptbmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Daveo

The 1st Family by Mike Dash.

cvr9781847392077_9781847392077.jpg

Before Al Capone and Lucky Luciano, there was the one-fingered, cunning Giuseppe Morello and his murderous coterie of brothers. Had it not been for Morello, the world may never have heard of 'men of honour', the code of omerta or Mafia wars. This explosive book tells the story of the first family of New York, and how this extended close-knit clan of racketeers and murderers left the backwaters of Sicily to successfully establish themselves as the founding godfathers of the New World.

First Family will explain in thrilling, characterful detail how the American Mafia established itself so successfully. Combining strong narrative and raw violence - set against the raucous bustle of early twentieth-century New York, and the impoverished rural life of nineteenth-century Sicily - this impeccably researched, groundbreaking study of a crucial period of American history is a compelling portrait of the early years of organised crime.

11th Month 11th Day 11th Hour Armistice Day 1918 World War I and Its Violent Climax Joseph E Persico

9780099445395.jpg

"The futility of war - and the Great War in particular - has often been remarked upon, but it was carried to its logical, nonsensical conclusion on 11 November 1918. The prospect of peace appears to have left many with an unendurable sense of unfinished business, causing them to mount attacks even when war's end had been agreed. Almost 3,000 lost their lives in the last few hours before the Armistice: here their tragic story is poignantly told." - The Scotsman. Using military archives and public records, along with journals and diaries, Joseph Persico weaves together the eleventh hour experiences of the men in the trenches, unsung and unremembered, the British Tommies, French Poilus, American Doughboys and German Feldgrau. Where, for example, was the Austrian corporal, Adolf Hitler, on that day? The pointless fighting on the last day of war is the perfect metaphor for the four years of senseless slaughter that preceded it. This book is sure to become the definitive history of the end of a conflict Winston Churchill called 'the hardest, cruellest, and least-rewarded of all the wars that have been fought.

Soldiers Without Borders: Beyond the SAS: A Global Network of Brothers-In-Arms.

mzi.sofpoufq.225x225-75.jpg

Provides a thrilling insight into the way SAS soldiers are selected and trained, and reveals fascinating details about recent SAS deployments: East Timor, the 2000 Olympic games, the Tampa, the Afghanistan campaign and the regiment's action-packed mission in Iraq.

Full Circle: The Story of Air Fighting

by Johnnie E. Johnson, David Shepherd (Illustrator)

280945.jpg

In World War One, pilots flew alone, engaging in aerial duels using rifles or revolvers. Solo planes evolved into two-seaters, then into ones capable of carrying entire squadrons. But, as aircraft gained speed and altitude, the trend reversed, and with the advent of supersonic technology, air warfare has come full circle--back to single numbers. The top-scoring Allied Fighter Pilot of World War Two chronicles the achievements of the greatest fliers of both sides, who played a big part in shaping the course of combat.

The Killers Next Door

by Joel Norris, William Birnes

killers-next-door-joel-norris-paperback-cover-art.jpg

This revised and updated edition--originally published in 1992 as "Walking Time Bombs"--profiles nine notorious killers and details the warning signs that could have signaled a killer ready to snap, which were missed by authorities until it was too late.

Armed response by Roger Gray.

images.jpg

Armed Response tells the gripping and often alarming story of SO19, the Armed Response Unit of the Met, and the Trojans within SO19 - the armed response vehicles permanently on patrol. Driven by the need for experience armed officers to be on the scene within minutes, the men and women of SO19 are called upon to stare death in the face as a matter of routine. This fully revised and updated edition, including a new chapter on the London terrorist attacks and their aftermath, provides a vivid and extraordinary account of the work these brave men and women undertake.

Bloody Victory: The Sacrifice on the Somme and the Making of the Twentieth Century

51dFz-6lERL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1 July 1916: the first day of the Battle of the Somme. The hot, hellish day in the fields of northern France that has dominated our perception of the First World War for just shy of a century. The shameful waste; the pointlessness of young lives lost for the sake of a few yards; the barbaric attitudes of the British leaders; the horror and ignominy of failure. All have occupied our thoughts for generations. Yet are we right to view the Somme in this way? Drawing on a vast number of sources such as letters, diaries and numerous archives, Bloody Victory describes in vivid detail the physical conditions, the combat and exceptional bravery against the odds but it also, uniquely, captures how the Somme defined the twentieth century in so many ways. This is an utterly gripping new analysis of one of the most iconic campaigns in history.

House to House: An Epic Memoir of War.

house-david-bellavia-audio-cover-art.jpg

One of the great heroes of the Iraq War, Staff Sergeant David Bellavia captures the brutal action and raw intensity of leading his Third Platoon, Alpha Company, into a lethally choreographed kill zone: the booby-trapped, explosive-laden houses of Fallujah's militant insurgents. Bringing to searing life the terrifying intimacy of hand-to-hand infantry combat, this stunning war memoir features an indelibly drawn cast of characters, not all of whom would make it out of the city alive, as well as chilling accounts of Bellavia's singular courage: Entering one house alone, he used every weapon at his disposal in the fight of his life against America's most implacable enemy.

You have a good selection of books - I was visiting your shops every few days to purchase a new book as I spent my days reading by my hotel pool.

The book exchange saved me a few quid.

Maybe next time I'll sample the food.................

You have a good selection of books - I was visiting your shops every few days to purchase a new book as I spent my days reading by my hotel pool.

The book exchange saved me a few quid.

Maybe next time I'll sample the food.................

Thanks for stopping by, we have even more now and will continue to improve the stock.

Some more examples of some of the latest books on the shelves

The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason.

piano-tuner-daniel-mason-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

In 1886 a shy, middle-aged piano tuner named Edgar Drake receives an unusual commission from the British War Office: to travel to the remote jungles of northeast Burma and there repair a rare piano belonging to an eccentric army surgeon who has proven mysteriously indispensable to the imperial design. From this irresistible beginning, The Piano Tuner launches its protagonist into a world of seductive loveliness and nightmarish intrigue. And as he follows Drake’s journey, Mason dazzles readers with his erudition, moves them with his vibrantly rendered characters, and enmeshes them in the unbreakable spell of his storytelling.

The Third Sex: Kathoey: Thailand's ladyboys.

234473.jpg

Through the lives of three kathoey, male transvestites, this introduction to transgender in Thailand places a cultural, historical, religious, biological, and psychological emphasis on international traditions of sexuality. A fascinating anthropological and sociological exploration, the context of transgender is detailed through the challenges and joys found in Manat, Lek, and Akorn as they travel through the social rites of passage to become kathoeys. As a part of the cultural landscape of Thailand, the kathoeys are a modern expression of an archaic tradition, and through these personal stories a wider discussion of transgender and the existence of a "third sex" in international societies emerges.

ladyboys.

images.jpg

This extraordinary book is an intimate portrait of Thailand’s ladyboys: the men who have chosen to become women. Funny, passionate, angry and provocative, ladyboys is a no-holds-barred look at the secret lives of Thailand’s transsexual men.

The book offers intimate details of the lives that the kathoeys have never publicly revealed. They talk about the choices they’ve made, their relationships, families, frustrations and hopes. The stories include those of an exotic ladyboy cabaret performer, a ladyboy sex worker and even a ladyboy Muay Thai boxing champion. ladyboys will leave you amused, saddened, and entertained.

Killing Pablo: the Hunt for the Richest, Most Powerful Criminal in History.

Pablo.jpg

The bestselling blockbusting story of how American Special Forces hunted down and assassinated the head of the world's biggest cocaine cartel.

Killing Pablo charts the rise and spectacular fall of the Columbian drug lord, Pablo Escobar, the richest and most powerful criminal in history. The book exposes the massive illegal operation by covert US Special Forces and intelligence services to hunt down and assassinate Escobar.

Killing Pablo combines the heart-stopping energy of a Tom Clancy techno-thriller and the stunning detail of award-winning investigative journalism. It is the most dramatic and detailed and account ever published of America's dirtiest clandestine war.

You Are G8, We Are 6 Billion: The Truth Behind the Genoa Protests.

images (1).jpg

The G8 meeting in Genoa in July 2001 resulted in one of the biggest anti-globalization demonstrations so far, and the murder of an activist. More than 300,000 were present, including tens of thousands of Americans.

You Are G8, We Are 6 Billion is the riveting truth about the protests, written by New Yorker Jonathan Neale, one of the protest organizers and public spokesperson. A devastating critique of global corporations, it explains exactly why protesters traveled from around the world to make their point to the most powerful nations?Third World debt, climate change, nuclear weapons, privatization of utilities, and drug company profiteering.

Jonathan Neale was on the streets of Genoa every day. His passionate account is full of the feel and smell of the protests.

A Plague of murder.

51ikZaqb-ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Who are they? Where do they come from? Why do they do it? Serial killers are the headline-grabbing criminals of the modern world. With the body count rising, and shallow graves giving up their Secrets, almost weekly new names join the list of terrifying murderers, already swollen with the 20th century's most notorious and fearsome criminals. Here are the full stories behind all the most infamous thrill killers: Jeffrey Dahmer, the monster of Milwaukee; Dennis Nilsen, who killed for company; Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker; Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, the Moors Murderers; Beverly Allitt; the Yorkshire Ripper and many more ...SALES POINTS: Join's Colin Wilson's World Famous Murders and the forthcoming Colin Wilson's World Famous Mysteries; The most shocking stories told by a master of true crime; A big read at a great price. THE AUTHOR Colin Wilson was hailed as a prodigy on publication of The Outsider in 1956. He has since become one of the world's leading Popular criminology writers, his previous books including Robinson's Mammoth Book of True Crime, Colin Wilson's World Famous Murders and the Colin Wilson's True Crime File series.

The Murder casebook.

51ZQ2Pq3PdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Colin Wilson, renowned criminologist, TV and radio personality, is one of the most popular and respected writers on both criminology and psychology. His many books include The Mammoth Book of True Crime and A plague of Murder. Colin Wilson is the best-selling author of more than 50 books, including The Outsider, The Criminal History of Mankind, A Plague of Murder and many other works of non-fiction and fiction. He lives in Cornwall. Colin Wilson is the best-selling author of more than 60 books on subjects ranging from Jack the Ripper and UFOs to the mysteries of the supernatural and serial killers. He lives in Cornwall. Colin Wilson, renowned criminologist, TV and radio personality, is one of the most popular and respected writers on both criminology and psychology. His many books include The Mammoth Book of True Crime and A Plague of Murder. Damon Wilson is author of several books, most notably The Mammoth Book of Nostradamus.

Serial Killers, they live to kill.

9780316732529.jpg

Colin Wilson, renowned criminologist, TV and radio personality, is one of the most popular and respected writers on both criminology and psychology. His many books include The Mammoth Book of True Crime and A plague of Murder. Colin Wilson is the best-selling author of more than 50 books, including The Outsider, The Criminal History of Mankind, A Plague of Murder and many other works of non-fiction and fiction. He lives in Cornwall. Colin Wilson is the best-selling author of more than 60 books on subjects ranging from Jack the Ripper and UFOs to the mysteries of the supernatural and serial killers. He lives in Cornwall. Colin Wilson, renowned criminologist, TV and radio personality, is one of the most popular and respected writers on both criminology and psychology. His many books include The Mammoth Book of True Crime and A Plague of Murder. Damon Wilson is author of several books, most notably The Mammoth Book of Nostradamus.

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed.

50-shades-of-grey-trilogy2.jpg

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s Secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark Secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But Desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality.

Tottenham massive..

tottenham-massive.jpg

There have been many books written about football's most uncompromising firms, but for years little has been revealed about one of the most secretive and ruthless of them all - Spurs. And for the last fifteen years, the 'Tottenham Massive' have been nurtured and guided by one individual - Trevor Tanner. In his explosive first book, Tanner is brutally honest in his quest to set the record straight about the truth behind Spurs' formidable notoriety and the way in which they have succeeded in forcing themselves into the minds of all connected to football. His first-hand accounts tell of the brutal ten-year war with Spurs' most hated rivals Chelsea, his mission to command respect for his firm, often at the expense of his own freedom, and his most bitter battle; that securing custody of his beloved daughter.