Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baht Bus Routes

GeeMan

Hey Guys

To date I've always stayed on LK, this time I'm adding in some time on Soi's 6 and 8. I also want to check out Jomtiem at some stage.

I've done a quick search, but have ended up more confused than ever after discovering references to Red and Blue Baht bus routes. WTF? There are different colours? What BB would I get to go to Jontiem?

Can someone tell me what the different BB loops are? How do you tell which loop a BB is on?

Also, not sure if the guy was trying to rip me off last time, but I got a BB on BR at the bottom of 6, heading to Diana. Instead of getting off at Mikes and walking thru, I stayed on while he looped left at WS and headed back around on 2nd. Guy stopped and asked me where I was going, I said Diana. He says '20 Baht, not 10'. Was this a try-on or is that fair?

Cheers

GeeMan

the drivers basically go where they want, but there are a few fixed routes such as Pattaya-Jomtien. Never heard or Red and Blue.

Never heard of red or blue baht buses.

I suppose that 20 Baht charge was fair, probably because most people don't tend to go as far as that.

Some of the buses go from Dolphin Island, down BR and then back up 2nd Rd to Dolphin Island. However some may continue to Naklua

once they reach Dolphin. Sometimes it's best to ask the driver.

Of course, there are other routes including Soi Bukhow, Central Pattaya Rd etc.

I've got on a bus to Jomtien near the traffic lights where 2nd Rd crosses over with Sth Pattaya Rd. I always make sure I'm on the south side of the lights

and usually check with driver if he is going my way.

Hope that helps

Tony

Don't talk with the drivers unless you know what you are doing. If you talk with them they will usually charge you 100-200 baht.

delete my account please

the drivers basically go where they want, but there are a few fixed routes such as Pattaya-Jomtien. Never heard or Red and Blue.

Even that bus sometimes shoots off on to Third Road at the overpass :GoldenSmile1: You're right before,they go where they want unless you ask them and then the price goes up.

The closest I've found is this. I don't remember what site I pulled it from. The routes here are colored red and green, not red and blue...

Baht bus large.jpg

Edited by philkrenshaw

Also, not sure if the guy was trying to rip me off last time, but I got a BB on BR at the bottom of 6, heading to Diana. Instead of getting off at Mikes and walking thru, I stayed on while he looped left at WS and headed back around on 2nd. Guy stopped and asked me where I was going, I said Diana. He says '20 Baht, not 10'. Was this a try-on or is that fair?

Arguably, especially if applying a bit of Thai logic, you did take two trips.

You went south on Beach road (route 1) and north on 2nd road (route 2).

Other logic could be interpreted that you can stay in the BB for several round trips for 10 baht.

Like most I use the BB all the time and 10 baht is a great deal.

Often talking to the driver and paying the door-to-door fare is an equally good deal.

If you have a companion with you and you need 2 rides for a total of 40 baht, a fixed door-to-door charge of 100 baht may be a better bargain.

That is especially true if you are leaving a venue late at night and a single ride is safer.

Is a few baht (like 80 extra) worth any hassle you otherwise may encounter along the way?

Besides a door-to-door ride is the gentleman thing to do.

The Baht buses that traverse Soi Nerm Plab Wan on the dark side are painted red, there are also white ones, I asked my wife once what the different colours were all about, she simply said it depends what area they are supposed to working in.

A few years back I was living in behind Tukcom and my wife and I and a niece and nephew got on a baht bus outside Tukcom and it took us all the way over to Naklua fully expecting to have to get off and change baht buses at some stage and paid 10 baht each, we were just lucky the guy was actually going where we wanted to go. Like someone else said they just go where ever they like, providing it's in the right area for their colour.

While we are on the subject of baht buses, did you know there are 700 of the bloody road choking things in Pattaya, personally I reckon they could piss off half of them, un-choke the roads a little, clean up the air a little and then they might make a reasonable living out of the things.

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Same sort of thing happened to me when I took the BB from the bus station. There was a person from what I think was from the Tourist board asking where each person was staying (I was staying at a hotel off Soi 7 / 2nd road) and loading us up on the appropriate BB. The driver gets to Soi 7 / Beach Road and tells me this is my stop and that to go around the loop to the 2nd road was extra.

I made sure that he lost face as I took a photo of his licence stuck to his BB and told him that I was going to report him, then took the stroll down Soi 7 to my hotel!

I have been staying on LK Metro and catching the Baht bus heading north on Soi Bukhow, They have all turned toward second road at Pattaya Klang, but it is 50/50 if they turn on to second road and head to Soi 6. I find if there are only 2 people on the bus they go straight on Pattaya Klang to Beach road and if there are more they will turn on to Second road. i am not sure if there is a route or if it based on how many people are on the bus.

"I made sure that he lost face as I took a photo of his licence stuck to his BB and told him that I was going to report him, then took the stroll down Soi 7 to my hotel! "

REALLY, i mean it is all of $.33, i cannot be angry at the baht drivers for maybe overcharging 10 baht.

what i do is not tip my bartender or wait staff the 40-50 baht per nite and only tip them 30 baht, then if my baht bus driver overcharges me, i'm even and if he doesn't them i am ahead by 10 baht. :):Dunno:

REALLY, i mean it is all of $.33, i cannot be angry at the baht drivers for maybe overcharging 10 baht. :)

It might have only been 10 baht and you don't get angry with overcharging BB drivers, but we had agreed a price that he was going to take me to the nearest drop-off point to my hotel on the baht bus route and he was now regading on the agreement. He knew that I had my luggage with me at the time and maybe my first time in Pattaya, so he probably would try it on with me.

If you don't mind being taken for a ride, then good for you, but it is not something that I stand for.

:Greetings9: So again, I heard the guy asking about going to and coming back from Jomtien??? Can someone, PLEASE !answer this one question..

I know it is a dedicated route. If one is coming out from the entrance of Walking Street. Turns right and just walks up stumbles up

South Pattaya/Pattaya Tai Rd.-- until you he is at the corner of 2cd road Does he then brave himself across 2cd road-- so he is facing south---?????.

Just wave down??? a passing Baht bus heading South, and without saying anything to driver??---He will end up-- eventually??? on Beach Road in Jomtien..

I know this is done all the time...and is only 10 baht maybe, 20 baht tops ----only, if he keeps his mouth shut !!!.

:Chokdee: In this state???Just not-quite sure-- where is the best place to be to get picked up????To be guaranteed :Blah3: to be on right ???Baht bus heading back to Jomtien, and not getting sucked into a conversation or going somewhere else.. I mean none of us:Stupid1: seriously! we :c45ec00b: 1/2 way around the world..

This is like a major route that runs 24 hours a day-right??

Come on BM--somebody out there???? must have a simple answer to this simple question??? :GoldenSmile1: One of you guys-I know can anwer this ONE question:4:

Sorry to be sarcastic but really wanting an answer:001_Thank_You5:

if you get on the bus at the school where they congregate heading out of town where second road becomes a two lane rd then they go to jomtien for 10 baht.

or if you are on that road walking away from pattaya and wave down a baht bus they go to jomtien.

You will normally see 5-20 busses all lined up.

The closest I've found is this. I don't remember what site I pulled it from. The routes here are colored red and green, not red and blue...

Those buses stopped a few years back, I don't think they ran for too long. The bus stops are still there to be seen though.

Glyn.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on beach road and want to get to Jomtien you will see some of the baht buses have a white strip on them, they all seem to go to Jomtien.