Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Englands keepers

whitespider - RIP

There is always plenty of doom and gloom about the England goalkeeping woes.

However i have watched most of the warm up games..................and

Take Brazil for example. Tournament favorites (maybe rightly) and it looks like they wil be starting with Gomez! Now i know I am a Gooner so maybe a bit biased, but I ked you not I would take ANY of our 3 over that big buffoon any day.

Looking at the whole tournament and only two teams (Spain and Italy) can truly say they have clas between the sticks so pro rata I am inclined to think our lads are not quite as bad as they are made out to be.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

A couple of clips as to why we have doom and gloom:

Look at Bobby Moore's reaction. He thought that it was a goal until the master saved it. None of current keepers even come close in my opinion (even it being a different era).

A couple of clips as to why we have doom and gloom:

Look at Bobby Moore's reaction. He thought that it was a goal until the master saved it. None of current keepers even come close in my opinion (even it being a different era).

Oh I agree 100% that compared to the past they are not up to par. My point is simply that, with two exceptions, they are as good as anyone else has.

Yes that has the best the greatest save ever by possibly the greatest keeper of all time.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Oh I agree 100% that compared to the past they are not up to par. My point is simply that, with two exceptions, they are as good as anyone else has.

Yes that has the best the greatest save ever by possibly the greatest keeper of all time.

I agree. The weakness of James is he can be a 'calamity', Green is his confidence on crosses and Hart is lack of experience on the world stage. However, all three are excellent keeprs on their day. Let's hope they don't have an off-day like Seaman did against Brazil!

I agree. The weakness of James is he can be a 'calamity', Green is his confidence on crosses and Hart is lack of experience on the world stage. However, all three are excellent keeprs on their day. Let's hope they don't have an off-day like Seaman did against Brazil!

I'd stick with James,mainly because he's the best of an average bunch that England have available.

To be honest though England look average to me and if Rooney gets injured or suspended they've got no other world class players,semi's if they're really lucky.

I can remember that save,my first world cup.......makes the hairs stand up on my neck watching it again.

I hadn't read this thread until now,the morning after the England v USA game.

Oh dear whitespider...how perceptive.Nobody gets into the Brazil squad unless they have proved themselves worthy.The 'big buffoon Gomez' had a fantastic season,winning plaudits from all corners of the football world...press,pundits,rival managers etc.I double checked to see if this discussion was June 09 when it may have had a little more valididty.

There are one or two clubs who are in the market for a new keeper next season (Almunia /Fabianski !) but Spurs aren't one of them.

Would I swap Gomez for Green ? Be serious.

Banksie was the greatest, I well remember watching those heart-stopping saves on TV at the time. The whole nation loved the man, and it was all the more tragic that he later went practically blind.