IGNORED

Phachara Suites, Sukhumvit

Nana Fly

Hello all,

Has anyone stayed at Phachara Suites on Soi 6, Sukhumvit, BKK? If so, can you tell me if they're lady joiner friendly please.

Thanks

:P

Hello all,

Has anyone stayed at Phachara Suites on Soi 6, Sukhumvit, BKK? If so, can you tell me if they're lady joiner friendly please.

Thanks

:Birthday_Cake:

Heard good things about this hotel from my customers.

Guest friendly.

Tim

• 4 months later...

Posted this on BKK Addicts but figured I'd repeat it here.

I stayed there around two weeks ago during my first trip to Bangkok and found it really nice. The location is good if you like NEP which is a quick 5 minute walk away or fancy a BJ at Lolitas which is like a 2 minute walk. I stayed in the basic studio deluxe room which was big and more than adequate for my needs. Good bed, good air con, and universal outlets saved me from having to buy a power adapter for my laptop. The pool looked nice though I didn't use it. The gym was pretty small with dumb bells and some cardio machines but had good air conditioning.

There is no joiner fee (not sure about multiple girls, only took one at a time). The staff never checked, nor took my girls ID. Up to you whether that is a positive or negative. Your key only allows you to go to the floor that your room is on or to the common areas (pool, gym).

There were a few small negatives that didn't bother me too much but might matter more to some. For my room at least, internet wasn't free. I can't recall the price but you can choose to pay by the hour, for 24 hours, or other higher options. I only paid 24 hours at a time and the meter is constant whether you are logged in or not. The higher priced rooms come with free internet usage I believe.

There is construction going on on a building nearby and the noise was enough to bother me and one of my bar fines early one morning.

The only issue that bothered me really to any degree was the shower. The way the tub is set up, the water when you shower runs along the edges and onto the floor. Every time you take a shower the floor around the tub and toilet gets covered in water. There is a drain right behind the toilet but it's still annoying.

Other than those minor things I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to book a room at Phachara Suites again.

img0923bw.jpg

img0924x.jpg

img0925iw.jpg

img0926s.jpg

I stayed there for 6 weeks from the middle of June onwards, it worked out at 1500 baht (++) per day which was a negotiated company rate. Very well fitted out room, same fittings as Shalashaka's room but different layout on the 16th Floor. Noise from the World Cup bars open for the late matches drove me a bit mad, but otherwise no noise from the street at the level I stayed.

One caveat to that - part of my stay coincided with what was obviously a Middle-Eastern holiday and the hotel became quite noisy and was literally taken over by singles or families and they didnt care how much noise they made, at times all night. I was later (after falling out with the room opposite) told by the extremely nice Front of House manageress that many had booked in for their annual checks at Bumrungrad. That holiday period might be one to avoid if you like peace.

Aside from that gripe I would thoroughly recommend the place - it has all you'll need though some elements could use some work. The cafe/room service food is a bit crap but I didnt plan on eating in much and ChefXP has a very reliable delivery service from any restaurant I could think of. Wouldnt recommend spare ribs 6 days in a row as I did though! The gym is very very basic indeed. Covered, small pool area.

Free internet negotiated as part of the long-stay, nice flat screen tv on the wall, decent hardish bed. No problems with water in the shower.

You might want to get a room overlooking Soi 4, or at least facing front, as theyre building at the far end of Soi 6 (the road the hotel is on).

I had non P4P guests, nobody challenged; cant speak for the other kind of guest, but thats been answered!

• 3 weeks later...

This hotel looks very good & the above pics show it of well.

Any more pics or any more info on this hotel ?????

:001_Thank_You5:

This hotel looks very good & the above pics show it of well.

Any more pics or any more info on this hotel ?????

I got some room pics but theyre pretty much the same as the ones posted. If I can work out how to post I'll put them up for you - if only as part payback for some of your great pics! It is a nice place, rooms are good and no hassle.

Hope they're the right size - I followed resizing instructions given at 700 but maybe a little less next time!

DSCF2188.JPG

DSCF2190.JPG

DSCF2191.JPG

Hope they're the right size - I followed resizing instructions given at 700 but maybe a little less next time!

post-34520-0-20247400-1289513099.jpg

post-34520-0-91122700-1289513179.jpg

post-34520-0-22517300-1289513211.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Any pics of the top class rooms ???

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know how big the 2 bed suites are? I just paid 6k baht per night for one in January.

Can anybody tell me what this is close to. I have never stayed in Bangkok, so I want to be close to Nanaor Cowboy.

i'll never stay anywhere else in bangkok.

totally guest friendly.

Room looks great, can I ask what standard it is?

Thanks

LOS_3421.JPG

LOS_3422.JPG

LOS_3425.JPG

LOS_3426.JPG

LOS_3426a.JPG

LOS_3427.JPG

LOS_3428.JPG

LOS_3429.JPG

Can anybody tell me what this is close to. I have never stayed in Bangkok, so I want to be close to Nanaor Cowboy.

Its closer to Nana

http://www.bangkokguestfriendlyhotels.com/nana-red-light-district.html

Although its not on the MAP you can see NANA station on both maps for an idea of its location Soi 6

http://www.phacharasuites.com/location.php

Edited by Sam Beckett

it's a 4 minute 43 second walk to the entrance of nana plaza.

Looks like you got long legs though mate

Mine are stumpy so I guess it will be more or less 6 or 7 minutes for me lol

It took me 5 mins and 47 seconds...:Birthday_Cake:

But I walked, where as the Great Slapman got a Tuk Tuk to knock 3 minutes off the travel time.

• 1 month later...

This place has some good deals at the moment, basically half the rack price. I'm gonna give the one bed exec a try in a couple of weeks, at 3,000Bt. I'll try to remmeber to take some pics.

This place has some good deals at the moment, basically half the rack price. I'm gonna give the one bed exec a try in a couple of weeks, at 3,000Bt. I'll try to remmeber to take some pics.

The hotel looks very nice but 3000 baht is not cheap.

£60 per night is not cheap.

£40 max is what I like to pay now in Bangkok.

That said if the money is in the wallet then what is £20 extra per night for a super nice hotel.

If Slapman stays there then it needs to be noted. :GoldenSmile1:

IMO this area is a great location for us type of guys.

The hotel looks very nice but 3000 baht is not cheap.

£60 per night is not cheap.

£40 max is what I like to pay now in Bangkok.

That said if the money is in the wallet then what is £20 extra per night for a super nice hotel.

...IMO this area is a great location for us type of guys.

Yep I agree with all of that, I very often stay on or around Soi 6 (Suk in BKK and also in Patts come to think of it) - a perfect base. I was actually booked in the Dynasty Grande over the road this time for 2200 baht a night in a standard room, so the extra for the upgrade in changing to the exec at Phachara seemed a no-brainer. I have also stayed in Exec rooms at the Accor Sukhumvit Grande along Soi 6, that was big bucks - great hotel though. The Swan Inn for 700Bt a night works for me when I'm skint, a few hundred Baht more and you can have room 16 on the top, a one-off with a whole lot of extra room. The Crowne down the other end near the cut-through to Soi 8 by Lolitas is a funny place, I've never felt really comfortable in there for some reason.

Yep I agree with all of that, I very often stay on or around Soi 6 (Suk in BKK and also in Patts come to think of it) - a perfect base. I was actually booked in the Dynasty Grande over the road this time for 2200 baht a night in a standard room, so the extra for the upgrade in changing to the exec at Phachara seemed a no-brainer. I have also stayed in Exec rooms at the Accor Sukhumvit Grande along Soi 6, that was big bucks - great hotel though. The Swan Inn for 700Bt a night works for me when I'm skint, a few hundred Baht more and you can have room 16 on the top, a one-off with a whole lot of extra room. The Crowne down the other end near the cut-through to Soi 8 by Lolitas is a funny place, I've never felt really comfortable in there for some reason.

Thanks for you info & tips.

I am staying here on thursday night, will post some pics by the weekend

• 3 weeks later...

I am staying here on thursday night, will post some pics by the weekend

we wait your pics mate :Dunno: