IGNORED

Holiday Visa for my thai girlfriend

Trainor

Hello every1. I would appreciate any advice and info on how to submit a successful holiday application for my thai girlfriend.

Here is a little info about my circumstances

I have known my girl for 3 years now and have been over to thailand over 10 times in this period to see her,but would now like for her to come to visit me in england, to see if she likes it here. She lives in Korat now at her parents home and for the last 2 years i have been supporting her financially sending approx 10,000 tahi baht per month. She works in Korat in a salon,so could provide a letter from her employer showing proof of employment and that she has a job to go back to. She also owns a motorbike but does not own any land or property. I work n the building trade on a self employed basis earning approx £400 per week after tax. I do not own my own home as i live with my mum would this be a problem for visa?. Another thing which worries me is that i have read that i would have to provide proof of how we stay in contact through e-mails, phone bills ect.. We talk on the phone several times a day but i use a number i found on the internet for cheap international calls, using a t-mobile pay as u go sim, so would not be able to provide proof as i only buy top up vouchers, and we dont use email so could not show this ethier... i do hav photos of the two of us from different times over the 3 years though, but would this be enough to satisfy them that we have been together for 3 years? also i could provide receipts from western union that show been sending her money each month for the past 2 years

I would be thankfull for any help u may be able to give me. Cheers

From everything that I have read, I don't think it is possible to bring a girl friend back to your country.

If it's anything like australia, it aint that hard.get the forms ask them want they want and do it yourself,don't pay B30000 for an agent. make sure your girlfriend understands what is required on the thai side,ie ID,proof of employment.One thing, gather all your stuff before coming to thailand,record of money sent, phone records as it easier there. the photos don't have to be date stamped.hopefully she dosn't have plice record. good luck.

If it's anything like australia, it aint that hard.get the forms ask them want they want and do it yourself,don't pay B30000 for an agent. make sure your girlfriend understands what is required on the thai side,ie ID,proof of employment.One thing, gather all your stuff before coming to thailand,record of money sent, phone records as it easier there. the photos don't have to be date stamped.hopefully she dosn't have police record. good luck.

It is not too hard as long as both of you are honest when filling in forms. She can visit the English embassy in Bangkok and they will telll her everything she needs

Her Passport.

Her Proof of work.

Airline Ticket slip (she can prebook for minimal money)

She will also need 4000 baht for Visa

As many photos as she can show of the pair of you.

Copy of your passport showing your details plus copies of pages showing your entry stamps to thailand.

Letter of employment (if you have headed paper just send a letter saying you are employed or if not get letter from your major employer).

Copy of your bank statement.

Letter from yourself to GF address stating you want to bring her to England for a holiday with dates for holiday and where you are going to stay plus stating you will take care of all finances when she is in England..

Your home address and as you live at home with your parents have you any Higher puchase agreement with your address on or similar as this will help.

As you do not have E mail records the western union receipts would be worhwhile to take along with the photos as they like to see a profile of a relationship.

If you have acces to a scanner then scan all documents, PDF them and send to a E Mail account she can access.

As I stated at the start being honest is the main thing as integrity will go a long way and also tell her the Embassy is there to help if she asks for it. I can only relate my Visa applications and I have taken my GF to eurpoe as well as England and she always visits the Embassy with what she thinks she needs and talks to them and then goes back a few days later if anything else is required to submit her application.

One thing to be aware of is on the way into the Embassy some thais have set an office up and con the girls into thinking this is part of the Embassy stating they can sort the visa out for her. This is a scam as they are not part of the Embassy and will charge you big money for submitting the paperwork you have collated with no guarantee of success.

Tell her to give them a miss and only speak to the officials.

Good Luck Big C

From everything that I have read, I don't think it is possible to bring a girl friend back to your country.

What a load of BS.... You base this on what?

OP - From everything u say. It should be easy. Provide as much evidence as possible. Where u dont have something explain in as much detail as possible. I found the holiday visa very straight forward to do myself. The residency one is a bit more tricky. But much the same. If you want anymore info PM me.

Edited by yorkshirefarang