IGNORED

passport

Schillaci

Have heard some horror stories about people getting refused entry due to the condition of their passport. It's not up for renewal until 2015 but mines starting to look a bit tatty. Has anyone ever had any problems.

nope not heard of anyone having any issues at BKK.

If its good enough to leave aussie you should be OK.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

could you not just get a new one?

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

a friend was once refused an extension at the jomtien visa office because his passport was in a very tatty state, so if you think you may wish to extend your holiday ( and how many people do? ) you may want to renew it before you leave just in case.

I've been trying to think of something that most visitors do when coming to pattaya apart from the obvious and extending their stay has to a very common thing. 30 days is never enough!

My Australian passport is in reasonable condition but due to a staple through the cover cannot be read by the scanners. A long story about that but that is another item.

While I have had some problems at other places due to it being unreadable I have never had problems in Thailand.

But given that it is 5 years old and probably filling up you might need to look at getting a new one.

My mates passport is , well i would say dieing no dead it had a fight with an aftershave bottle and lost , he was worried about it the aussie passport control said as long as it still scanned ok there isnt a problem, when he got to thailand they didnt look twice at it so like other bms said if the aussies are ok with it i dont think u will have any problems or if u have time just get a new one turn around time is only a week or so.

I wanted to add pages to mine as I still had about 18 months on it, but there was no room left for visas and entry stamps. The postal service, who is a passport agent here in the US, that if your passport does not have the chip in it, they can and do refuse to add additional pages. They highly recommended that I replace it because of this and the worn condition. I went ahead and applied for a new passport.

• 2 weeks later...

My passport is not in the best of condition not wrecked but well worn and i have never had an issue with it in Thailand or any where else. I think as long as the photo page is ok i cant see there being a problem.

:Chokdee3::GoldenSmile1: Had a problem going to Cambodia they said could not stamp it but i did find a little place for there stamp otherwise it would have cost me.But my pic did not help looked like my avatar and like a dick head as i am i had a shave before i went :GoldenSmile1::Chokdee3:

cheers Chris :HaHaHa1:

Wriggley Tin 1

I wanted to add pages to mine as I still had about 18 months on it, but there was no room left for visas and entry stamps. The postal service, who is a passport agent here in the US, that if your passport does not have the chip in it, they can and do refuse to add additional pages. They highly recommended that I replace it because of this and the worn condition. I went ahead and applied for a new passport.

They gave you a total crap reply,totally wrong.My US passport doesn't have a chip and has over 4 years remaining and I only had 1 visa page left.I sent it in for more pages about 6 weeks ago and received it back in under 2 weeks.This service is free and they added the same number pages as my original passport,but with the current background on the pages.

I believe they wanted you to get a new passport due to the condition and they were wrong about the chip reference for sure.

Edited by LTGTR

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

I remember reading a story on here some time back. Basically the plastic lamination had began to separate on the photo page of his passport. They turned him away at check in stating that if he was turned away at Thai Immigration because of it the airline would have to foot the bill for his return which they weren't prepared to do... so he had to go home until he could get a replacement, I'm pretty sure his insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the re-booked flights either.

IMO Better be safe than sorry, if you have time try and get it sorted.

I remember reading a story on here some time back. Basically the plastic lamination had began to separate on the photo page of his passport. They turned him away at check in stating that if he was turned away at Thai Immigration because of it the airline would have to foot the bill for his return which they weren't prepared to do... so he had to go home until he could get a replacement, I'm pretty sure his insurance wouldn't cover the cost of the re-booked flights either.

IMO Better be safe than sorry, if you have time try and get it sorted.

There are signs at checkin at Auckland airport that state that specifically, delamination means no travel.

Probably better getting refusal to fly then managing to make it to another country and be refused entry.